Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Michigan

by Angel WinksProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Michigan
Hey Michigan friends, My friend TeachJR of Illinois started a virtual event several months ago wanting to get 200 letterboxes planted all over the country to help celebrate the bicentennial of Illinois. I believe there are around 140 boxes planted, bu...
by dancingpecanProfileContactLogbookNote
I have an idea for an Illinois stamp, which hopefully I can get carved and planted before the end of the year. dp
by TrailTrollProfileContactLogbookNote
I love Mackinac island but it would be awful for an L&B - not enough room, limited camping, and pricey. Would be a great place for a smaller event though!
by 4EyesMcGeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Wow!! I love that idea!! How about 6 days - plus I could potentially hunt for the mapsurfer box while there!
by RenegadesProfileContactLogbookNote
We love this idea also!!!! We have set up a Go Fund Me page so we can afford to go to this event, so please give all you can (we like to travel in style). The Letterboxing Renegades - Looking for sugar daddies.....
by PapaSoloProfileContactLogbookNote
I don't know, I think there'd be way too many muggles. Mapsurfer box is gone, too.
Nooooooo!!! Are you sure?
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
The one in our area has been gone for years. I found it. I checked on it a year later. Gone.
That’s so sad. All the good boxes go missing. Need to figure out a way to ensure the longevity of these classics.
Oh no. I had this one on my list to get in 2019. How do you know that it's gone?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! May your day be filled with good food, family, and happy memories! 4eyes
by DawnkeyProfileContactLogbookNote
Right back at you, 4Eyes! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and to all Michigan letterboxers! Looking forward to seeing you Saturday as we do some Winter Fest planning. Everyone, have you had a chance to sign up for Winter Fest 2019: Favorite...
I'll chime in with Thanksgiving blessings from the west side of our wonderful state! Enjoy and cherish all of it, letterbox friends.
by Prince IgorProfileContactLogbookNote
I cannot find any mention of the mapsurfer box in either AQ or LbNA. Is it a premium member's only box? The last couple of times I went to Mackinac Islands have been after Labor Day. In October, most shops and hotels were closed and it was cold. In Se...
https://www.mapsurfer.com/
by Prince IgorProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks.
by PapaSoloProfileContactLogbookNote
I believe SITE Sleuths knew the exact location and didn't find it.
by TJ_MichProfileContactLogbookNote
I looked for it on a trip in 2009 and didn’t find it either.
by TeachJRProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you so much for helping get the word out, Angel Winks! We are now up to 151 boxes - 49 more needed to reach our goal! TeachJR
Dawnkey and I were talking about the tools and tricks of letterboxing and using the Atlas Quest site. We thought it would be interesting to open up a discussion about what we've found helpful and hope that some of our Michigan friends might both learn...
by DawnkeyProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Angel Winks. I'm also a huge fan of the custom address feature. We might want to mention at this point that custom addresses are a perk of an AQ premium membership. There are many perks and you can find them here i...
by speedsquareProfileContactLogbookNote
I definitely do. And given your examples, I will often customize the Crown Hill Cemetery address to the 32nd Street address (Old Gates entrance). It’s the closest to my sweet daddy’s resting place. If anyone comes without a map, it is easily available...
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
I didn't know that. Thanks.
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
This is a great conversation to have. I'm sure there are many helps on here that I don't know how to use.
Thanks, Topcollector. That's what Dawnkey and I, and others, hopefully, have in mind. We will try to keep the conversation going over the winter months when there is less letterboxing to do. And, we hope, anyone will feel free to jump into the convers...
by BBStackerProfileContactLogbookNote
I use custom addresses constantly as well. But I didn't know I could add the name of the address i.e., "Jo's Pool Hall" as well as the street address. Can't wait to try this out.
by BBStackerProfileContactLogbookNote
Wow! Didn't know this was available to us. Just added an event under the People tab just as you described. That's pretty cool, and easier to see my current sign ups. Thanks!
BBStacker, The way I have found that works best is to first STORE the custom address. Once that is in, then I edit the custom address with the pencil icon. I add the name of the park or cemetery or pool hall :) or whatever and save it again. It should...
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
... Not a Michiganer here but I do have a few AQ tricks up my sleeve also. For instance, in order to see my event sign ups, I just created a search for them and then saved it, calling it "My Upcoming Events". New ones are added in date order and as...
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
... I have been doing this for years and loving it. It is amazing how many people are not aware of it. But I do take it a step further. There are areas that I box in regularly such as Florida, eastern PA, Delaware and Maryland, so I have searches se...