A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Massachusetts

Re: Can anyone ID this carve?
Board: State: Massachusetts
Reply to: #975127 by burning feet
May 10, 2019 8:00pm
Thread
I didn't think it was the one burning feet referred to because (1) that box is listed as Concord, not Acton (2) that clue mentions a logbook, yet there was no logbook. I'll be curious. I also couldn't find anything in the lbna (archives).
Reply to: #975130 by west dover quidditch team
May 11, 2019 1:15am
Thread
Yes! I can ID this carve. I humbly admit it's mine.

It is the 2nd box in a 3-box retired series of mine called Acton Gazette. Jeopardy is in the same park. I thought I pulled those boxes before I moved, but must not have found the pencilman.

Trivia: Thoreau's family's pencil factory used plumago from a former mill in that conservation area.

And WDQT, you found it several years ago. :-)
Reply to: #975134 by roo
May 11, 2019 5:50am
Thread
Hi Roo!

Thanks for the ID! I’m logging it now. Burning feet and I determined that the stamp she found was a different Henry. Maybe WDQT can grab it for you!
Reply to: #975135 by Southpaw
May 11, 2019 5:52am
Thread
I'll be happy to grab those for you, roo...
(I even found that Gazette series back in the day... I'll see if the others I could find are still there as well).
Reply to: #975134 by roo
May 11, 2019 5:53am
Thread
Oh wait...

I have all the stamps! When I pulled the series I got all of them. So now it comes back to me.

Several boxers didn't find box 2. So I carved a new stamp and planted a replacement for box 2 in 2010. So what I think y'all found was my box 2 that went missing.
Reply to: #975136 by west dover quidditch team
May 11, 2019 6:00am
Thread
Thanks WDQT for the offer to pick it up. I am actually heading out the door momentarily for some Guilty Looks. If I have energy afterward, I may head to Jeopardy and look around box 3. If you guys have any tips on where it is let me know.
Reply to: #975138 by roo
May 11, 2019 6:06am
Thread
I can sleep tonight! The mystery is solved! The box is about a foot away from box 3, behind the same tree under the pine needles!
Event this weekend
Jun 18, 2019 5:10am
Thread
If you're looking for some beautiful boxing by/in a lake this weekend, sign up for the It's Summer! Let's Get Wet! event in Wayland, MA: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4174
Re: Event this weekend
Reply to: #976443 by veganf and the Dolphins
Jun 18, 2019 7:11am
Thread
WOW!!!! This sounds like so much fun! Wish we could bring our kayaks and join you but we're already committed to the Dead & Co concert in Foxboro which is pretty much an all day event. It looks like you've put a ton of effort and thought into this. I'm sure that everyone who can attend will have a blast!!! Thanks for hosting - we'll definitely be there in spirit! ;o)

Pete
Salem temporary box
Jul 8, 2019 8:30am
Thread
PopoBullyGirl and I will be in Salem for an extended weekend. We will be planting a temporary box at our rental while we are in town. Be on the lookout for clues to be posted on the 12th. Available through the 16th.

I'm not sure what our availability is, but we will probably be around the rental or the area on most evenings if anyone wants to stop in for an exchange or to hang out.
Re: Salem temporary box
Reply to: #977081 by BaliWho
Jul 12, 2019 4:54pm
Thread
Thank you, Grateful Letterboxers!!!
Jul 14, 2019 3:00pm
Thread
Moth and I had a fabulous time at the event! Thank you all for the hard work you do to put this on every year!!

P.S. We love how our tie-dyed shirts came out!!
Re: Thank you, Grateful Letterboxers!!!
Reply to: #977279 by Rocklun
Jul 14, 2019 3:15pm
Thread
yes, huge kudos again to the Pranksters, Dingus, Zess and the other admins/everyone else who contributed so much in making this, the thirteenth, such a great time!
Mim PD!
Jul 28, 2019 11:24am
Thread
Congrats to Mim for a PD on her Thanksgiving Forest series! Awesome carves on a nice walk through a beautiful property!
Re: Mim PD!
Reply to: #977807 by dingus dufus
Jul 28, 2019 2:00pm
Thread
Yes, that one was alot of fun, and two great carves!
Reply to: #977807 by dingus dufus
Jul 29, 2019 4:24am
Thread
thanks! Nice surprise!
Reply to: #977822 by Mim
Jul 29, 2019 4:34am
Thread
Congrats, Mim! I need to check out that series!!
the box at Lucky's in North Hampton Ma
Aug 2, 2019 12:33pm
Thread
The box is in place and the clue revised. Sorry I cant email those who tried for it individually but my older mail keeps disappearing!

BookWormct
Re: the box at Lucky's in North Hampton Ma
Reply to: #977956 by bookwormct
Aug 2, 2019 4:38pm
Thread
but my older mail keeps disappearing!

Email for non premium members is automatically deleted after 30 days. One of the perks of being a premium member is that email will remain for a year. I think as a non premium member, you have the ability to archive emails so you might want to consider doing that for emails that you will need to reference in the future. To do that, just click on the archive button in the panel that lists all of your email options.
Reply to: #977963 by Janila
Aug 2, 2019 6:01pm
Thread
One of the perks of being a premium member is that mail email will remain for a year.

And it helps support this website...
Reply to: #977963 by Janila
Aug 3, 2019 4:40pm
Thread
Thanks! I didnt know that
Town Pounds
Sep 9, 2019 7:19am
Thread
Re: Town Pounds
Reply to: #979301 by Grrly Girl
Sep 9, 2019 7:29am
Thread
Town pounds are really cool! I like visiting them but am not happy when people put boxes inside the walls. The walls tend to get destroyed by overzealous boxers. 😔
Sep 9, 2019 8:51am
Thread
Very interesting; I never knew such things existed. Thank you ! :^)
Sep 10, 2019 2:54am
Thread
I am currently locating all of the Historical Markers in NH. I am also attempting to locate one room school houses, covered bridges, and town pounds along the way. So many of the schools and pounds are disappearing on the landscape. The history of these past schools and pounds are so interesting.
Reply to: #979334 by NatureMamaB6
Sep 10, 2019 2:03pm
Thread
hillsboro nh has a one room schoolhouse, and a town pound and perhaps a historical marker (tho i am not positive about that one). pretty much in the same location. there just happens to be a letterbox at the town pound, just saying.

smile
Reply to: #979353 by uneksia
Sep 10, 2019 4:16pm
Thread
Thank you for this information. Unfortunately there are no NH historical Markers but I will go looking for the town pound and school.
Reply to: #979357 by NatureMamaB6
Sep 10, 2019 7:18pm
Thread
the franklin pierce homestead is close by and it does have a historical marker, also the stone arch bridge which is near the downtown area.
smile
Belchertown Fair 2019
Sep 19, 2019 5:13pm
Thread
It's official our 2019 box to commemorate the Belchertown fair is up and active! If your in the area this weekend and this weekend only check it out. The fair is a great community event!

https://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?boxId=309476
Re: Belchertown Fair 2019
Reply to: #979590 by SimplerTimes
Sep 22, 2019 4:09am
Thread
You only have a few more hours to grab this commemorative box! Happy hunting!