A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Maryland

Re: Thank you for the video game fun!
Board: State: Maryland
Reply to: #959874 by CTEagleEye
May 8, 2018 5:10am
Thread
Great event--thank you for all the time and effort you put into it.
Re: Thank you for the video game fun!
Reply to: #959874 by CTEagleEye
May 8, 2018 12:41pm
Thread
It was a wonderful event! So glad we were able to camp and spend even more time with our northern friends too!
Visiting Maryland
May 19, 2018 5:15pm
Old Blue and I are visiting from California and wonder if anyone wants to meet up for an exchange. We will be in the Baltimore area all day Monday, and Tuesday, May 21 and 22. I know it’s short notice but if anyone’s available, let us know.

DoubleSaj
PAL Maryland?
May 24, 2018 3:05pm
Thread
I’m hoping someone is home planting boxes. I’m away in Virginia adding to their count. It would be great to come home to some new boxes to find.
Re: PAL Maryland?
Reply to: #960443 by Wolfpack5
May 24, 2018 4:58pm
Thread
I planted one in Hyattsville on Sunday. :)
Re: PAL Maryland?
Reply to: #960443 by Wolfpack5
May 25, 2018 11:39am
Thread
I have three or four to plant, but did not get it done this week like I'd hoped. Going to try to get it done in the next couple weeks.

Brian - HVs
Restaurant Recommendations
Oct 20, 2018 2:14am
Thread
Hello, I have been asked to find a nice restaurant anywhere between Washington DC and Baltimore but preferably closer to Washington. My stepdaughter from Hawaii is attending a convention and wants to meet us for dinner one evening. We are looking for a nice restaurant but not a fine dining place. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Re: Restaurant Recommendations
Reply to: #967011 by Janila
Oct 20, 2018 3:27am
Thread
What type of food? There are SOOO many options. And, do want to stay on a route between DC and Baltimore....or can you veer a little west of the 95 corridor?
Reply to: #967012 by Hiking Vikings
Oct 20, 2018 4:44am
Thread
We are driving down from Reading, PA and will be on 95 between Baltimore and Washington. I am not exactly sure where in Washington my step daughter will be but she will have a car and will meet us. So veering a little west would probably be ok.

As for food, I have a meat and potatoes man, no ethnic foods except possibly Mexican, unfortunately. Edited to add, he just said seafood would also be good.
Reply to: #967014 by Janila
Oct 20, 2018 2:51pm
Thread
For a real Baltimore experience, Timbuktu. Crab cakes are renown. But also, steak, chicken, etc. Not in Baltimore, but off 95 near airport.
Reply to: #967042 by Girlguides
Oct 20, 2018 4:33pm
Thread
For a real Baltimore experience, Timbuktu.

Wow! Sounds perfect! We checked out the website and as soon as we verify that she will have a car, I will be making reservations. Thank you!
Reply to: #967046 by Janila
Oct 20, 2018 5:28pm
Thread
We were there just a few weeks ago, celebrating Girlguides 2’s retirement. Crab cakes were delicious. Hope it works out 😋
Is it a box?
Mar 24, 2019 9:43am
Thread
I did a maintenance run on some of my boxes today (fabulous day to be out!). While checking on this series in Magruder Branch Stream Valley Park in Damascus: https://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?boxId=270402

...I found a torn gallon Zip-Lok at the side of a trail containing the remains of a mostly rotted spiral-bound sketchbook, a pen, and a store-bought stamp of a cardinal. All the paper was filthy mush, but the bag seems to be of fairly recent vintage. Can anyone identify this? I will administer CPR and replant or return it to the owner if it is an actual letterbox. At the moment, it’s just trash found on the trail. I looked on LBNA and AQ but could not match this with a box.
Re: Is it a box?
Reply to: #973225 by chili pepper
Mar 24, 2019 10:32am
Thread
Since it had a store bought stamp, it may be a geocache letterbox hybrid. You could check the geocache website to see if it's listed there.
Frederick
Jun 1, 2019 11:14am
Thread
Any active boxers in the Frederick, MD area? I just moved here from WV Eastern panhandle (so not that far, really). 🙂
Re: Frederick
Reply to: #975744 by RideTheMoose
Jun 2, 2019 10:25am
Thread
It doesn't seem that there are many active in and around Frederick. We are about 30 minutes away, but we are in Frederick all the time. Our youngest go to school there. A couple others live within striking distance. Wish there was more activity in the Frederick area. Glad to be "neighbors" now.
New Personal Traveler
Aug 8, 2019 2:19pm
Thread
Hello, I am new to Atlas Quest's "Boards," so I don't know how they work, but I just wanted to share that, for people in/near Frederick County, I have a new Personal Traveler that I am hoping somebody will find! Kind of a puzzle to get it, but I don't think it's TOO hard, if you use your resources. Link to get to it is here: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=308122

Best of luck if you do make an attempt to get it, hopefully this is the right place to share!?
Re: New Personal Traveler
Reply to: #978161 by Trail Ninja
Aug 8, 2019 2:48pm
Thread
Figuring out the puzzle won't be as hard as YOU figuring out how to get out to Iowa and meet me so I can get your personal traveler ;~)
Reply to: #978163 by Maude
Aug 8, 2019 2:58pm
Thread
It's only available for people who can come get it in Frederick. While it is a personal traveler, it does have a clue, and technically a plant location. Sorry! Besides, yeah, don't have a way to get to Iowa! LOL!
Reply to: #978163 by Maude
Aug 8, 2019 6:19pm
Thread
I might be able to get down to Frederick with a large carton. 🤫 You’d have to pay the shipping, though.

Don’t worry, I’ll poke air holes in it
New Series?????
Aug 9, 2019 4:32pm
Thread
Hey, what are people's thoughts on (if I were to find time) me creating a three or four-box series in a park dedicated to one of my favorite games. (Don't ask what game, it would be a surprise). Older game, but some letterboxes may be familiar with it...

-Trail Ninja
Re: New Series?????
Reply to: #978202 by Trail Ninja
Aug 9, 2019 4:36pm
Thread
I don't think I'll be looking for it any time soon since I'm in a different state, but I think people always LOVE a new box, or several! People seem to be pretty open-minded about subject matter, so I say go with what makes you happy and don't worry about it.

Good luck and have fun!!
Reply to: #978202 by Trail Ninja
Aug 9, 2019 4:39pm
Thread
Always good with new plants...regardless of theme. Plants have been rather rare around here lately.
Reply to: #978205 by Trail Ninja
Aug 9, 2019 6:23pm
Thread
Oh no worries. I saw it in the New Boards section. I was just curious...
Reply to: #978209 by detective
Aug 9, 2019 6:27pm
Thread
Cool! Maybe towards the end of summer when I am less busy I'll create the new series! Thanks!
Reply to: #978204 by Hiking Vikings
Aug 11, 2019 6:26am
Thread
Hey, thanks Hiking Vikings for finding my PT! I do have one last question though, for you or anyone who sees this. I don't know when I'll have time to create my new series, but I definitely want to. I was looking at parks and forests nearby, and I was wondering if anyone had any good location ideas. My thoughts were at the New Market Community Park which isn't too far from me, but I was wondering if anyone else had thoughts. Figured putting at the park may interest some letterboxers to check out downtown New Market, but if anyone has a better idea I would LOVE to know!!!

Thanks,
-The Great Trail Ninja
Reply to: #978248 by Trail Ninja
Aug 11, 2019 6:36am
Thread
With a lot of the nearby letterboxes being found by almost (if not all) of the local 'boxers, I figure I want to do a new plant to give letterboxers wanting a new find (without traveling far) a new chance for a letterboxing adventure. Plus, I am really getting to enjoy planting and carving stamps as well! I am open to ideas for locations, preferences, etc from all boxers who would want to find this series, who are in/near the Frederick County area!

Let me know what y'all are thinking,
-Trail Ninja
Reply to: #978248 by Trail Ninja
Aug 11, 2019 9:51am
Thread
The New Market Community Park sounds good to me, but I'll go wherever you plant....within reason.
Reply to: #978260 by Hiking Vikings
Aug 11, 2019 3:54pm
Thread
Okey dokey, I'll probably stick with that location then... though, hey! If you ever pass through PA, I have a letterbox that may or may not still be there. Only my family has found it, it might not even be there, but let me know if you're ever in/near Pocono Lake, PA!
Reply to: #978276 by Trail Ninja
Aug 11, 2019 6:17pm
Thread
No plans in he near future, but will definitely look for if ever up that way again.