Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Maine

by Fantastic Mrs. FoxProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Maine
Nature girl is there right now.... and you already know her!
by Happy DazeProfileContactLogbookNote
We are looking for carvers for our last Letterboxers Christmas Event. Stamps of food. Any food. In the shape of a postage stamp. This will be our last event. Lets go out with a bang! Anyone that has any other ideas to make this an event to rememb...
by Basset MomProfileContactLogbookNote
Big THANK YOUS to ATVRacer, Jiffy, Mud, and teacup for all the work that you put into making this weekend's Woodstock 50 event lots of fun. It was a unique and beautiful area to visit and the themed series were super. (I personally need to come back...
by TeacupProfileContactLogbookNote
Yup, the downside to being on a committee is having to go back for the series because of chatting folks up at event central. Of course, that is fun in and of itself!
by mudflinginfoolsProfileContactLogbookNote
Sorry we missed exchanging with you... picked up your birds at Andover... saw them around Woodstock... but missed exchanging with you. Maybe an alias? Someone from CT possibly who knew what those initials stood for??? Hope to catch an exchange the...
by JiffyProfileContactLogbookNote
Ditto!!!
by Daytrippers 54ProfileContactLogbookNote
Yes, a big shout out to all the folks involved!! Plenty of colorful ink for all to enjoy!
Do you have a tracker set up for this?
No I don't. Just let me know what you want to do. I will update event page
by SagacornProfileContactLogbookNote
It was great to see folks again and I sure enjoyed my tour of the cemetery. I'm so glad I bought a new set of colored markers; phew!!! Thanks to ALL the organizers, carvers and attendees for making Woodstock 50 fun. So glad the rain held off also.
by SherlockMilesProfileContactLogbookNote
Me too!
by SherlockMilesProfileContactLogbookNote
Really great day of boxes and friends. We'll be back to the area - so many more boxes to get!
OMG! You didn't get them all??? How is that possible??? :)
With some help we have come up with another series for our event Favorite Toy...Can be from your childhood or your child's favorite toy Can be any size. Just let us know what you choose. Happydaze
by Tri-Colored PawsProfileContactLogbookNote
What do you think is the most efficient way to set up a printed letterboxing clue notebook? Trails do not always allow me to use my phone for clues.
ahh... the days of the Maine Bible. Don't do it anymore. I just print the clues I need for any given trip. Once found - the individual sheets get tossed in the back seat! lol But if you were going to - I'd say by town. Then organize by hike lengt...
by angel treadsProfileContactLogbookNote
Agree with Mud. We still have our Maine Bible, but never use it anymore. Found we had to keep going back to the website to make sure clues hadn't changed, box wasn't retired, etc., etc.
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
Several options are available: You could set up AQ searches by area and then when you were actually ready to go boxing, print them out at that time. That way you would have the most recent and updated clues included. Personally, I have a ton of sear...
I still have mine and I use them. I set up watched box notifications when changes happen on AQ, then print the updated clue, (retired, unknown, unavailable, clue change) and replace the clues or pull them out of the book. I've got a book for each cou...
by DawgdokProfileContactLogbookNote
If you have clue tracker on your phone, you can do an advanced search for whatever area you area heading to and save the clues. That way there is no need to waste paper and the time to print. You can also find lbna clues on it as well. I use it all the...
by JampersandJProfileContactLogbookNote
Trails do not always allow me to use my phone for clues. We were on vacation visiting family, and found ourselves having an unexpected free afternoon. Family did not have a printer, so I screen-shot the clues on my phone beforehand, and also texted the...
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
What do you think is the most efficient way to set up a printed letterboxing clue notebook? Trails do not always allow me to use my phone for clues. Set up? Just print out the clues for any planned boxing trip. Map it out and put the clues in the order...
ah yes, depending on length of our boxing excursion, my back seat gets buried. :)
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
I keep my printed ones for an outing/event on a clipboard. It usually works pretty well.
by Tri-Colored PawsProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you everyone for your responses on a notebook. I think your ideas will get me past my organizing block that is keeping me from being efficient. I love the idea of county, town and then hike. I already use my phone and computer when I can. I will...
by SagacornProfileContactLogbookNote
Has anyone found the 'Bela' box by Maine Kokapellian in the Smith Cemetery in Windham. Please contact me privately.
Wow! 13 years!!! Here's to many more. JiffyRacer
Happy Cake Daze! ;)
by Daytrippers 54ProfileContactLogbookNote
Happy AQversary to you both !!🎇
Happy AQ cake day to you both! **hugs**