A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Maine

Re: Bar Harbor visit
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #977263 by Robins Nest
Jul 14, 2019 8:42am
Thread
Thanks Robins Nest, that’s very helpful and I appreciate it. Not going on to Portland. I will have a box to plant in Bar Harbor. It’s been a few years since I’ve been there but hopefully I can find a long lasting spot.
Happy Trails
Reply to: #977225 by BinoBoxer
Jul 14, 2019 12:07pm
Thread
And about that lobster roll ... Been awhile since we have been up there but you should be able to find one pretty easy. They are all good just perhaps some better than others! Enjoy !!
Jul 15, 2019 5:46am
Thread
Bar Harbor Lobster Company has a great lobster roll, among other lobster choices. Crafty Lobster lives just down the road and works just across the street at the hospital.

Jiffy
Re: Just a shout out!
Reply to: #976728 by Tri-Colored Paws
Jul 25, 2019 6:30pm
Thread
Wonderful to hear from you Tri-Colored Paws!!
Reply to: #977263 by Robins Nest
Jul 25, 2019 6:42pm
Thread
With all the increased cruise business in Bar Harbor someone should put a box within easy walking distance. I think I'll take a look nearby the Portland cruise ship terminal. I know there were some boxes there but need to check and see if they are still there. The lovely late Sewsewbusy did plant a few when she was here on a cruise years back.
Reply to: #977724 by Seagull
Jul 26, 2019 3:13am
Thread
With all the increased cruise business in Bar Harbor someone should put a box within easy walking distance.

Hi Seagull,
I plan to do that very thing if I can find an appropriate placement.
Where are they
Aug 10, 2019 8:47am
Thread
Does anyone know or have contact with the BUXTON BOXERS. They haven't logged in to AQ for some time. I have a question about one of their boxes.
Re: Where are they
Reply to: #978222 by Sagacorn
Aug 10, 2019 9:21am
Thread
I messaged on FB to let them know that you had posted a question to the Maine board.
Re: Where are they
Reply to: #978225 by Basset Mom
Aug 10, 2019 1:20pm
Thread
Thank you Basset Mom
Re: Site-seeing and boxing in Maine
Reply to: #500513 by Goofy girl
Aug 11, 2019 4:11am
Thread
I know this was a few years ago and Mudding might be able to fill this in better but now that Brunswick Naval Air is now closed and changed it to being a public place is that air port open to everyone or is it a business/hobbyist airport? I am not sure how it works.
in Bangor for the NOSC family day every year
Aug 11, 2019 4:20am
Thread
Im in Bangor once to twice a year but the problem is I have to wait 3 hours before we can do family day and dont know my way around Bangor well. I can get to the airport and the NOSC and that is it.. Does any one know if any of the roads with boxes planted are on the route from the airport to where Hickory Dickory Decks is? I dont w ant to get lost in Bangor and having a list of boxes in that specific area would be h elpful since I have the kids with me and would make a great way to entertain them.
Re: in Bangor for the NOSC family day every year
Reply to: #978243 by Dustynfamily
Aug 11, 2019 11:33am
Thread
What day is your event?
Reply to: #978267 by Basset Mom
Aug 11, 2019 1:17pm
Thread
This year it was today.. I wont know what t he drill dates are for next year til Oct.. and then I wont know until either June or July for what day family day is actually on.
Reply to: #978269 by Dustynfamily
Aug 11, 2019 2:42pm
Thread
Ah, well shoot, I hope you found some boxes! I was going to offer to show you to where some were in the area! Next year. ;)
Reply to: #978274 by Basset Mom
Aug 11, 2019 6:41pm
Thread
I'll message you next time im up that way (might be Dec or sooner if hubby forgets something)Thanks Basset Mom.
Aug 13, 2019 9:48pm
Thread
I recommend either Bar Harbor Lobster Company, or Peekytoe Provisions for a lobster roll. Both can be reached on foot - take the Shore Path for nice views. Stewman’s Lobster Pound is also popular if you want somewhere right close to the cruise ship.

There are a few boxes right in the downtown area that you can walk to. 😊
Aug 14, 2019 4:07am
Thread
Nature girl is there right now.... and you already know her!
Letterboxers Christmas Event
Aug 17, 2019 6:36pm
Thread
We are looking for carvers for our last Letterboxers Christmas Event. Stamps of food. Any food. In the shape of a postage stamp. This will be our last event. Lets go out with a bang!

Anyone that has any other ideas to make this an event to remember just let us know. Thank you in advance for any help. And thank you for making all our Christmas events an success for the kids.

Happydaze
Peace Out
Aug 18, 2019 4:51am
Thread
Big THANK YOUS to ATVRacer, Jiffy, Mud, and teacup for all the work that you put into making this weekend's Woodstock 50 event lots of fun. It was a unique and beautiful area to visit and the themed series were super. (I personally need to come back again to finish some of them!)
Re: Peace Out
Reply to: #978468 by Basset Mom
Aug 18, 2019 5:28am
Thread
Yup, the downside to being on a committee is having to go back for the series because of chatting folks up at event central. Of course, that is fun in and of itself!
The FPS...
Aug 18, 2019 6:31am
Thread
Sorry we missed exchanging with you... picked up your birds at Andover... saw them around Woodstock... but missed exchanging with you. Maybe an alias? Someone from CT possibly who knew what those initials stood for???

Hope to catch an exchange the next time you fly north...
Re: The FPS...
Reply to: #978471 by mudflinginfools
Aug 18, 2019 6:39am
Thread
Ditto!!!
Aug 18, 2019 3:23pm
Thread
Yes, a big shout out to all the folks involved!! Plenty of colorful ink for all to enjoy!
Re: Letterboxers Christmas Event
Reply to: #978465 by Happy Daze
Aug 18, 2019 5:33pm
Thread
Do you have a tracker set up for this?
Re: Letterboxers Christmas Event
Reply to: #978517 by Basset Mom
Aug 18, 2019 6:42pm
Thread
No I don't. Just let me know what you want to do. I will update event page
Reply to: #978501 by Daytrippers 54
Aug 19, 2019 2:01am
Thread
It was great to see folks again and I sure enjoyed my tour of the cemetery.
I'm so glad I bought a new set of colored markers; phew!!! Thanks to ALL the organizers, carvers and attendees for making Woodstock 50 fun. So glad the rain held off also.
Re: The FPS...
Reply to: #978471 by mudflinginfools
Aug 19, 2019 4:19am
Thread
Me too!
Aug 19, 2019 4:21am
Thread
Really great day of boxes and friends. We'll be back to the area - so many more boxes to get!
Reply to: #978540 by SherlockMiles
Aug 19, 2019 4:54am
Thread
OMG! You didn't get them all??? How is that possible??? :)
Letterboxers Christmas Event
Aug 21, 2019 8:07am
With some help we have come up with another series for our event

Favorite Toy...Can be from your childhood or your child's favorite toy
Can be any size. Just let us know what you choose.

Happydaze