Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Maine

In Honor of Mom
Board: State: Maine
Mar 2, 2019 10:11am
Mom

I will be retiring this box next weekend. If you have not found it - you need to do so before then :)
Vroom Vroom
Mar 3, 2019 5:14am
Happy AQversary, ATVRacer! ;)
Happy Birthday!
Mar 14, 2019 3:28am
Thread
Happy Birthday to Princess Jiffy! May your day be royal and your crown not tilt. Hugs! N and D
Re: Happy Birthday!
Reply to: #972672 by angel treads
Mar 14, 2019 4:10am
Thread
Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ‚ Jiffy ! Have a great day!!
M n D
Mar 14, 2019 5:13am
Thread
Happy Birthday, Jiffy! :)
Mar 14, 2019 5:29am
Thread
Aw! Thanks to everyone! I've been down and out with a cold and bronchitis, but looking forward to my princess weekend away starting tonight after work. Headed to Mass and hoping to make it to the Pi Day event.

Jiffy
Plants at Letterboxer's Christmas
Mar 30, 2019 5:16pm
I just sat down to log some finds and realized that I never listed the plants that were at Letterboxer's Christmas 2018. They are called Winter color:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=303964
Thank you
Mar 31, 2019 5:35am
Thread
Thank you to all the admins, owners, and masterminds behind the Meet Aunt Agatha event in Brunswick. It was fun - and hurt my brain sometimes - but still, fun! ;) You all are surely the hostess(es) with the mostest.
Re: Thank you
Reply to: #973578 by Basset Mom
Mar 31, 2019 9:34am
Thread
I second this! Bravo! I might work on the clues that I missed today just so I can enjoy a good puzzle! I really enjoyed every moment of it! Thank you all!
Unknown stamps: AA Library Event
Mar 31, 2019 12:34pm
Thread
Whew! Got most of my stamps logged, but not sure what a few are:

One is two chickens (?) on a branch

And then my only other question is what are the paddle holding dudes that showed up randomly in boxes here and there? I have four of those.
Mar 31, 2019 12:40pm
Thread
This truly was a fabulous day. Libraries are my happy place so there was that. But it could have been held in a hovel and it still would have been a barrel of fun. The clues were the right level of challenging--you had to work at some of them but not to the point of frustration. The carvings were, not unexpectedly, amazingly intricate and/or charming. Lots of black for those of us who like to "stamp and run", but plenty of color to brighten up our logbooks.

Team Mudcup are really the consummate hosts. I haven't been attending as many events as I used to and this one will spoil me for events to come. Really, really fun and I only wish I had been less focussed on solving and maybe spent a little more time meeting people. But that's always the trade off.

Thanks thanks thanks.
Re: Unknown stamps: AA Library Event
Reply to: #973588 by Basset Mom
Mar 31, 2019 1:00pm
Thread
Mar 31, 2019 1:32pm
Thread
Ditto!!! The brain drain by these two never ceases to amaze us!! Thanks Team MudCup, you make us all proud!! The benchmark for us Mainer's!!
Reply to: #973591 by Daytrippers 54
Mar 31, 2019 1:36pm
Thread
So, Deb and Merle, when are you hosting an event? hmmmm?? lol
Reply to: #973588 by Basset Mom
Mar 31, 2019 2:06pm
Thread
The two birds on a branch with the goofy looks on their faces are guinea hens. If you have any experience with them, they are rather dumb, hence the name of the stamp - Huh?
A new clue is posted
Mar 31, 2019 2:50pm
and the last of it says this: 'Black ink makes the best image of this stamp, and for heavens sake, use a capable ink pad, not that nearly dead, dried up old thing you keep for emergencies. Treat yourself, and thanks for playing!' and you know the planter is talking about you. Time to go shopping.
Reply to: #973590 by mudflinginfools
Mar 31, 2019 3:01pm
Thread
I had figured out they were part of that series, I just have no idea which one since I didn't write any info down for them and it's the only one I have. Some day I'll learn ...
Reply to: #973592 by Teacup
Mar 31, 2019 3:26pm
Thread
So many comedians out of work and you are trying to be one, lol !! Mud stated yesterday younger folks needed to step up. We were two of the oldest in the room, though my bride does not look it!!
Reply to: #973596 by Daytrippers 54
Mar 31, 2019 4:01pm
Thread
Young is a matter of mind and heart. You'd fit the bill perfectly๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
Road Trip
May 12, 2019 3:44pm
Thread
Hello! Planning a summer road trip to Acadia and looking for suggestions of your favorite trail, box and maybe the best restaurant in Bar Harbor. We will be staying at Hadley Point, are there boxes in walking distance?

Thanks so much for suggestions.

PuggleMom
Re: Road Trip
Reply to: #975172 by PuggleMom
May 12, 2019 4:29pm
Thread
Best breakfast: Two Cats!
Re: Road Trip
Reply to: #975174 by phynstar
May 13, 2019 5:09am
Thread
Two Cats absolutely. It is quaint, has outside tales if you want and a letterbox inside if you want that too. Maybe a bit of a wait depending what time you go but it has always been worth if for us.
2019 Leterboxers' Christmas
May 31, 2019 9:30am
Sorry for the delay. The event is now listed. Hope to see you all there. Here is a link to the event.

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4191

Ray and Susan
Happydaze
Just a shout out!
Jun 27, 2019 5:35am
Thread
Just a little shout out to all my Maine Boxers out there. It's been years since I last tapped into Atlasquest. Thanks for all the memories and wonderful boxing adventures.
Re: Just a shout out!
Reply to: #976728 by Tri-Colored Paws
Jun 27, 2019 5:55am
Thread
Welcome back!
Re: Just a shout out
Jun 27, 2019 5:56am
Thread
omg, how wonderful to hear from you! Are you coming back to the hobby even for a little bit?
Jun 27, 2019 6:30am
Thread
Wow! Nice to hear from you! Hope you are well and maybe getting a little inky? - A.T.
Jun 27, 2019 6:38am
Thread
Welcome back! Hope to find more of your clever plants!
Reply to: #976732 by Teacup
Jun 27, 2019 6:40am
Thread
I found an old letterbox in my barn and I've been thinking of boxing again.
Reply to: #976738 by Tri-Colored Paws
Jun 27, 2019 7:26am
Thread
oh, yes. So many wonderful boxes for you to find and a new TCP for us. win-win!