A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Illinois

Re: Illinois Bicentennial Celebration - Chicago Question
Board: State: Illinois
Reply to: #963173 by Early Riser
Jul 30, 2018 5:38pm
Thread
Thank you both for the information. Their loss, but I believe I will look elsewhere - the subject of my box covered a lot of territory!
Events listed for east central Illinois
Sep 20, 2018 3:43pm
We have listed these events:

Letterboxing 101 - A Beginner's Guide 10/09/18 Mansfield, IL

Letterboxing - Treasure Hunting in the Woods 10/20/18 Mahomet, IL

Bake Up Some Letterboxing Fun at Homer Vintage Bakery 11/03/18 Homer, IL

And the virtual event still ongoing: Party Like it's 199 + 1 - Help Us Celebrate the Illinois Bicentennial 2018 (the whole year & open to everyone)

Three events are also listed for 2019 in this area:

Letterboxing - Treasure Hunting in the Woods 01/19/2019 Mahomet, IL

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques at Lake of the Woods 03/09/2019 Mahomet, IL

Homerdoodle in the Woods 07/20/2019 Mahomet, IL
Re: Illinois Bicentennial Celebration
Reply to: #963064 by TeachJR
Nov 16, 2018 7:41pm
Thread
Happy Illinois Bicentennial! And look at all those boxes!

As of today there have been 139 boxes planted for the Illinois Bicentennial Event: Party Like It's 199 + 1 - Help us Celebrate the Illinois Bicentennial! Event no. 4046

The goal is to reach 200 letterboxes planted - one for each year that Illinois has been a state. They can be planted in any state to honor the bicentennial. If you have a reason to celebrate something about Illinois (a college, a vacation, a letterboxing event, your grandmother, etc., please join the event and plant a box. These boxes have been planted in 13 states and are listed as:

Illinois Bicentennial: <your box name>

Thank you!
Re: Illinois Bicentennial Celebration
Reply to: #963064 by TeachJR
Dec 8, 2018 10:25am
Thread
It is almost the end of 2018 - the Illinois Bicentennial year. Please do continue to plant letterboxes for the Illinois Bicentennial. We were challenged to plant 200 boxes and to date we have 196 boxes planted (and more to come) since August of 2018. I thank everyone who signed up for the virtual event and I thank everyone who has planted 1, 2, 3, etc. boxes for this event. Everybody wins in a virtual event - the planters, the finders, individuals, everyone! We reached 22 states so people can find these connections to the Illinois Bicentennial all over the country.

Thank you for helping us to celebrate by planting boxes. To those of you who signed up and still are awaiting a day to plant, please do so and let me know. I will add them to the list whenever they get planted.

TeachJR
Tips, Tricks, and Techniques at Lake of the Woods
Feb 12, 2019 5:03am
March 9th at Lake of the Woods in Mahomet, IL we will hold the event: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques at Lake of the Woods. This event includes sessions on logbook making, pouch making, container preparation, cipher and code clue writing, safety on the trails, poisonous plant identification, LTC information, event boxes, traditional boxes, networking, and LUNCH! This is the same park where we will hold Homerdoodle in the Woods during the summer so it is your chance to get a preview of the park. Hope you can join us for the event, soup lunch & potluck, and fun!

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4064