Mar 4, 2017 4:11pm
Thread
Thanks. I can't believe I missed it.
Re: Pokemon Go - Gotta Catch 'em All - Box of the Month
Board: State: Idaho
Reply to: #932449 by Blackvelvetrav
Apr 16, 2017 6:25pm
Thread
Pokemon Go Update - With the awful winter that Boise experienced and my foot surgery Thanksgiving week I was forced to postpone releasing the remaining Pokemon Go - Gotta Catch 'em All BOM's after I pulled the first box (which no one found). I have deleted the clues and I am re-listing this series to be Traveling Event boxes. The first stop of these quickly disappearing Pokemon will the the "A Pirates Life For Me" Event that I am co-hosting. The park for the event just so happens to contain a PokéStop! So, if you Gotta Catch 'em All we will see you in September!

A Pirate's Life For Me Event
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=3737
Saturday, September 16, 2017 - Eagle, Idaho
10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Blackvelvetrav
Happy AQversary to...
Apr 21, 2017 12:17pm
Crazy Mountain Woman! Hope you find some great boxes today and enjoy your vacation!
Ahoy, Mateys - Help Fill The Treasure Chest With Food!
Jun 8, 2017 8:54am
The Idaho "A Pirates Life for Me" Letterboxing Event is less than 100 days from today (Saturday - September 16, 2017). In anticipation of lots of high seas fun we wanted to let you know we will be collecting provisions for our local food bank in exchange for additional raffle tickets this year.

It has not been uncommon for our very generous event attendees to want to donate (to help offset event expenses) by offering us pieces of eight. However, we have plundered during the year the necessary ships supplies for our voyage so cash donations are unnecessary from attendees.

This year instead of offering us your gold coins and treasure chest diamonds and pearls we are asking you to donate provisions for us to deliver to a local food bank once we have docked after our day long voyage. Each attendee will receive one raffle ticket for attending the event. For each additional donated unopened item from the list below you will receive one additional raffle ticket. The more sea themed food and drinks you donate the more raffle tickets you will receive. Example: A box containing 8 pouches of fruit snacks counts as one donated item (not 8).

Don't end up walking the plank! Foods unsuitable for donation include home canned, vacuum-packed or pickled foods, foods past a “use by” date, foods in sharply dented or rusty cans and foods in opened or torn containers exposing the food to potential contamination.

Pirate and Sea Inspired Food Donation Recommendations:

• Goldfish crackers or cookies
• Canned tuna, salmon, shrimp, clams or crab
• Ocean Spray juices
• Ocean Spray craisins
• Unique shaped pasta (ocean, sea creatures, mermaids, pirates etc.)
• Finding Dory, Pirates of the Caribbean, Captain Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Finding Nemo, Shark Bites or Sponge Bob (box of mac n' cheese, box of crackers, box of fruit snacks, box of grahams, box of gelatin, etc.)
• Ocean spray cranberry sauce
• Canned pineapple
• Coconut items (box of protein bars, box of granola bars, box of cereal, box of cookies, bag of trail mix, etc.)
• Soups - clam chowder, crab or lobster bisque, oyster stew, cream of shrimp etc.
• Pirate's Booty (popcorn snack)
• Capt'n Crunch or other sea inspired cereal
• Nuts, chips or crackers with sea salt
• Although not sea inspired we will accept jars of peanut butter and jelly

If you have not signed up to attend A Pirates Life For Me Event – September 16, 2017 in Eagle, Idaho here is the link: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=3737

Thank you! Captain Blackvelvetrav & Captain Pixie Dust Gal
Craters Of the Moon
Jul 19, 2017 8:18am
Thread
Hi Friends!
You guys are so helpful, I thought I'd seek your advice again. :D
We are going to spend a morning in a couple weeks visiting the Craters of the Moon NM. There is so much to see and do, we won't have the time to see it all.

What are your favorite hikes &/or must see caves?

The kids will definitely be earning their lunar ranger badges (I might too!) and the regular Jr. Ranger badge.

Anything else to consider?

TIA!
Re: Craters Of the Moon
Reply to: #948761 by photopam
Jul 19, 2017 12:51pm
Thread
Hi there,
I have a box there, can you look for it and let me know if it's still around.
Robertson clan
Reply to: #948761 by photopam
Jul 20, 2017 11:50am
Thread
I found a box there. We did a couple hikes it was all pretty amazing Devil's Orchard was definitely interesting and a nice little walk to stretch the legs.
Reply to: #948850 by QTPoopsie
Jul 20, 2017 1:05pm
Thread
Ooh, Thanks! :)
Reply to: #948787 by Robertson Clan
Jul 20, 2017 2:56pm
Thread
I was able to find Coming out of the dark if that was yours. In April 2017.. one was unable to get to as the area by the caves was closed at the time. :(
Message in a Bottle
Aug 17, 2017 10:26am
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me. We pillage plunder, we rifle and loot. Drink up me 'earties, yo ho. We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Drink up me 'earties, yo ho…

Buccaneers unite! With the A Pirate's Life For Me event only 30 days away, it is time to gather your crew and prepare to set sail for Eagle, Idaho.

As a reminder the Event Sign-Up Page ( https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=3737) has information about the Pirate Themed Food Drive (to earn extra raffle tickets) and lists stamps that are attending the event that are not included on the "Event Box List" that you will need to reference after the event to log your finds.

Please sign up for the Pot Luck on the Event Sign-Up Page https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=3737 . Please note that as of last count you are bringing food and/or beverages to share with approximately 50+ pirates so plan accordingly in your food/drink quantity plans.

Many of the stamps for this event are on the large side - at least 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. Please plan your logbook, index cards, sheets of paper etc. accordingly.

The event is "Box Friendly" meaning you can bring along any Letterboxes that you would like to share that are not Pirate themed. We will have table space to set boxes on if you have Letterboxes to bring and share.

Costumes are encouraged but not required. However, you do know that Pixie Dust Gal and I love any occasion to dress up so join us in the fun as it makes for a memorable and fun group picture! Plus it keeps landlubbers and Muggles in the community guessing and wondering what we are up to.

You will be walking and driving during the day so plan foot wear for both needs. There is plenty of free parking (located next to Friendship Park on the left just past the park) in the parking lot at Eagle Hills Elementary School. Please utilize this parking as street parking in this residential neighborhood is very limited.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

Blackvelvetrav & Pixie Dust Gal - The two Kelly's – because 2 Kelly's are better than one!
"A Pirate's Life for Me!" - RSVP's needed
Sep 13, 2017 8:46am
Thread
Event: A Pirate's Life For Me

Aye Mateys!

If you haven't already, please let us know you're coming no later than Thursday. We need to make sure we have plenty of provisions before we set sail.

Also, in order for you to have a better chance of receiving extra plunder, be sure to bring a food item(s) from the suggested list. For each box or can you bring, you will receive an extra raffle ticket. These food items will be donated to the Eagle food bank. Thank you!

We look forward to having you join our crew,
BlackVelvetRav & Pixie Dust Gal

[Original AQ Message] [Reply To] [Forward To] [Unsubscribe]
Re: "A Pirate's Life for Me!" - RSVP's needed
Reply to: #951223 by Pixie Dust Gal
Sep 13, 2017 3:50pm
Thread
Are you wanting additional confirmation other than being signed up for the event? If so, I will be there as well as Crazy Mountain Woman.
Reply to: #951223 by Pixie Dust Gal
Sep 13, 2017 8:53pm
Thread
I plan to be there. (2CoolCats may join me. He's not signed up)
Reply to: #951232 by Music Chick
Sep 14, 2017 6:47pm
Thread
nope. Your sign-up is great! Looking forward to seeing you Saturday !
Reply to: #951240 by EarlyRizr
Sep 14, 2017 6:49pm
Thread
Great! Thank you for letting us know. We will plan on him attending.
Finally All Planted and Posted - Little Known Holiday's
Oct 24, 2017 8:44pm
Thread
With our recent Pirate's Life for Me Event, my Star War's trooping obligations, hosting a Halloween themed Birthday party for a 5 year old and work I have been hard pressed to finish planting Music Chick's fun "Little Known Holiday's" letterboxing series in Eagle, Idaho.

Although I managed to get the first 5 planted and clues posted prior to the event the remaining 7 were a challenge. I am happy to report that all 12 boxes are now not only in the wilds but the clues are fresh off the press tonight. This is a very clever and cute series and the boxes are pretty quick to find spread out around Eagle, Idaho. And as always Music Chick's carvings are crisp, clean and playful - not to be missed!

Thank you Music Chick for your contributions to our local letterboxing community! Happy Hunting!

Little Known Holiday's Clue: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?boxId=286380
All Hands Were On Deck! Thank You All!
Oct 24, 2017 9:28pm
I would like to raise my sword and shout an enthusiastic "Thank you" to everyone who attended and contributed to helping us set sail at the Pirates Life for me Event in September 2017! It is humbling to have so many hands on deck to assist in making our local events something special. From local and out of state carvers who made our images worth walking the plank to find and attendees from close to home and far away bringing their enthusiasm and fun spirits on board for the journey we were so blessed by your presence.

We are so proud to report that our "Ahoy, Matey's - Help Fill The Treasure Chest With Food" Letterboxing event food drive collected almost 200 pounds of food that was donated to the Eagle Food Bank. All of your Goldfish Crackers, cans of tuna, Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice and Capt'n Crunch cereal really made a difference for those in need.

I know that I speak both for Kelly (Pixie Dust Gal) and myself in offering up a huge thank you to Music Chick (Amanda), Rydeswitheagles (Joyce) and Crazy Mountain Woman (Carma) for their extra carving efforts, event set up and tear down and helping pitch in every time we needed an extra hand. We tip our hats to Joyce who spent the majority of the event manning the registration table, food drive, raffle tickets and treasure chest key stamps. And Little Miss Kitty (Kendall) who not only created and donated two huge raffle baskets and the handmade Mermaid Tail blanket but who also worked on the beautifully designed treasure maps the day before the event (no small feat as they were amazing and saved Kelly and I from staying up all night to put them together).

And last but not least a special thank you to my partner in crime and insane creativity Pixie Dust Gal (Kelly) who traveled down the Rabbit Hole with me in 2012, donned her faery wings with me to enter the Magical Gateways in the Whispering Woods in 2013, joined the Rebel Legion in 2015 as Princess Leia at the Letterbox Force Awakens event and who just returned to port with me as we returned from our Pirates Life For Me 2017 Event. You are the best Letterboxing Co-Host ever!
Re: Finally All Planted and Posted - Little Known Holiday's
Reply to: #953058 by Blackvelvetrav
Oct 25, 2017 7:18am
Thread
As I don't really enjoy planting, but love to carve, you are welcome to plant my stamps anytime!
September event is listed!
Mar 14, 2018 7:13am
The event listing is up and ready for sign-ups!
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=3980
Bookaholics Anonymous event
Sep 24, 2018 10:30am
Thread
Thanks to everyone who came for helping make the event so fun! It was so great to see everyone. We missed a few regulars who were unable to attend and hope to see them at the next event.

I wanted to let you know that there were over 120 books donated! I'm going to take them to one of the donation sites today. That's a lot of kids that will be proud owners of books! Thanks guys!

Oh! Don't forget that you can log the find on the bookmarks that were in the mugs!
Re: Bookaholics Anonymous event
Reply to: #965828 by Music Chick
Sep 24, 2018 7:47pm
Thread
Thanks for hosting Music Chick! It was so good to see everyone and meet new letterboxers!
Re: Bookaholics Anonymous event
Reply to: #965828 by Music Chick
Sep 25, 2018 9:05am
Thread
Thanks for hosting and all your hard work. It was lots of fun. Enjoyed meeting everyone again and the new letterboxers that we had not met before.
Idaho State Road Sign Stamp Available
Nov 21, 2018 9:21am
Thread
As part of a state road sign postal ring I carved Idaho. If you are interested in planting it in Idaho let me know. Just AQ a mailing address.
Re: Idaho State Road Sign Stamp Available
Reply to: #968575 by IrishRef
Nov 21, 2018 5:40pm
Thread
I would be interested if still available. 16928 N. Kettering Ct. Nampa, ID 83687
Reply to: #968579 by The Crafty Mom
Nov 22, 2018 3:22am
Thread
Will send it your way.
Reply to: #968586 by IrishRef
Nov 22, 2018 6:37pm
Thread
thanks