Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Georgia

Panola Mountain State Park is Dog Friendly!
Board: State: Georgia
Dec 14, 2014 6:23pm
The " No dogs" sign has been removed from the entrance to the Outcrop and Watershed trails. The girl at the front desk said the rules had changed and to ignore the no dogs part of the sign in front of the Nature Center. She said they can't remove it because it has a lot of other information on it. Dogs are now welcome on all the trails at Panola!

We had so much fun at Jingle Boxing this afternoon. There are great boxes on some really nice trails. One overlook even has a view of Stone Mountain. Thanks twodancersandacat for organizing it and for the very special boxes you planted for the event.
Libations Event Box
Dec 14, 2014 6:59pm
Thread
I could not attend the Jingle Boxing event this year but I just received notification that my event box Libations had been found! This is a Christmas miracle! That box has literally been missing in action since last year this time, and I would really like to find out who has it and when I can get it back.
Someone apparently has been holding onto it this past year and brought it back this weekend! I am ecstatic that it was not thrown away last year and has found its way back to a Jingle Boxing event, but I would like to see it again and welcome it home.
To all of you who attended the Jingle Boxing event, would the kind LBer who inadvertently adopted it, please take a moment and see if you can find it in your heart to PM me and fess up to harboring my event box this past year. :-)
Thanks in advance
AB
Re: No need for purchase
Reply to: #880347 by Brown Cow
Dec 15, 2014 12:09pm
Thread
They are out of trees! Closed to the public until Pumpkin Season 2015.
Jinglebox 2014 (yesterday)
Dec 15, 2014 12:22pm
Thread
What a great event Jingleboxing was yesterday at Panola Mtn! Many thanks to twodancersandacat for organizing the event, renting the conference room, baking yummy cookies and planting all those beautiful carved boxes. Thank you for the hard work that is involved in putting on an event. Thank you Brown cow for planting all your wonderful carved boxes as well. We had so much fun hunting them all down & visiting with most folks (only missed a few). You couldn’t have picked a better day for a winter event! :-)
Re: Jinglebox 2014 (yesterday)
Reply to: #880461 by Bug Food Babe
Dec 15, 2014 4:56pm
Thread
Ditto everything you said, BFB! What a fun time I had. Thanks to redcurl for riding with me and keeping me company for part of the trip. Thanks to her, GAPackrats and son B3 for letting me hang with them on the Narnia trail (even though I, shockingly know nothing about Narnia).

Thanks too, to B3 aka Super Eagle Scout for being willing and able to climb up, down, over and under things to get some of the boxes (even climbing up AND down a small tree!!) AND having flashlights for when we stayed on the trail after dark!

Thanks go to twodancersandacat for providing guidance and hilarity (not to mention flashlights on their smart phones) on the last loop we did. We got done after dark, found just ONE MORE drive by, and were the last ones out of the park. I got home at midnight Eastern time!

Now will somebody PLEASE confess to having the "LIBATIONS" EVENT BOX (the one in the Foster's can) which was thought to be lost forever after last year's event??????? The suspense is killing me.
Dec 15, 2014 6:32pm
Thread
I also had a wonderful day. Thanks everyone. Always nice to see old and new friends.
Dec 15, 2014 7:13pm
Thread
We had a fantastic time yesterday. B3 was in his element in the woods. He added his own mark to our hikes, the rest of the boxers at the event probably didn't realize the challenge element that could be added to some of those boxes! Leave it to my son! (he came by this naturally!) He loved his new nickname- Super Eagle Scout- makes B3 sound down right dull! I'm glad he had all those flashlights on him, (Be Prepared is definitely a motto he lives by) they made getting off that RREEAALLY dark trail much easier! Thanks to all the great company and fun he had, I just might have a boxing buddy for future events!

We loved all the carves planted by Brown Cow and Twodancersandacat. Thank you for all the planning and time it that went into each box. A of Twodancersandacat did a Fantastic job on those quilted stamp holders, they were beautiful! I was so impressed- especially the boat on the Dawn Treader pouch.

Thank you again, Twodancers for organizing everything, we enjoyed it all, the hikes, the company and the great food.
Reply to: #880533 by GApackrats
Dec 15, 2014 8:21pm
Thread
I'm so glad everyone had fun! We had a lot of fun organizing it and very much enjoyed seeing some familiar faces and meeting new people as well. Thanks so much for all the compliments on the Narnia series. It was a long time in the making, so I am glad to see so many people enjoying it.
Re: Libations Event Box
Reply to: #880368 by artboy
Dec 16, 2014 5:22am
Thread
Libations found! WOO HOO! I should be getting it back in my hands this week.
Mystery solved. Story later. Merry Christmas!

AB
Reply to: #880506 by Colorful Caterpillars
Dec 16, 2014 6:09am
Thread
LIBATIONS has been located. All is..hic...well with it. Now I can celebrate the holidays properly.
AB
Reply to: #880591 by artboy
Dec 16, 2014 8:51am
Thread
LIBATIONS has been located.

I know that! I want to know who had it all this time, NOT to shame the person, just to satisfy my curiosity.
No harm, no foul.

I am so glad that it was OK.
Reply to: #880551 by twodancersandacat
Dec 16, 2014 10:14am
Thread
Yes, thank you so much for a very fun event!

Next time I'll bring cups. :)
Reply to: #880607 by Colorful Caterpillars
Dec 16, 2014 6:05pm
Thread
No reason for shame at all. Just a simple oversight.
I will say this. You were in the car with it on your ride to Jingle Boxing 2014.
AB
Reply to: #880670 by artboy
Dec 17, 2014 5:31am
Thread
You were in the car with it on your ride to Jingle Boxing 2014.

LOL!! I thought that that might be the case! Just from the timing of when it was placed on the table of other event stamps.

Anyway, I am so glad you will get it back!
Re: Libations Event Box
Reply to: #880368 by artboy
Dec 20, 2014 12:39pm
Thread
Well yea!! Glad it resurfaced, hope it's back in your hands some!
Reply to: #880670 by artboy
Dec 20, 2014 12:45pm
Thread
Ha, I know who that is since I was suppose to be in that car also. Migraine stopped that trip.
Congratulations, Miles of Mountains!!!!!
Dec 21, 2014 3:27am
Thread
Great job on the Box of the Week. That is such an amazing box & I am so proud for you! You definitely deserve the honor. Congratulations!
Re: Congratulations, Miles of Mountains!!!!!
Reply to: #881138 by WiseOldOwl
Dec 21, 2014 4:34am
Thread
That is wonderful! I great end of semester gift to you!
Reply to: #881140 by Brown Cow
Dec 21, 2014 5:53am
Thread
Wow, I love outer space. Definitely want to add to my bucket list. Is there a way to watch the video? Congratulations on the purple diamond, it sounds like an awesome box!
Dec 21, 2014 6:35am
Thread
YES!!! This is such a great box to hunt and find. I'm so happy for Miles to have gotten the Box of the Week.
Reply to: #881148 by ST-Ranger
Dec 21, 2014 7:04am
Thread
This is such a great box to hunt and find.

This one ranks in my top five finds ever.
Dec 21, 2014 9:02am
Thread
Yippee!! Such a well-deserved honor for an absolutely brilliant box. Congrats, Miles!!

PS - We enjoyed visiting with you guys last weekend!
Dec 21, 2014 9:35am
Thread
Another very talented Georgia boxer.
Dec 21, 2014 1:26pm
Thread
Way to Go, Mtns of Miles! I'm going to have to get B3 out there, especially after y'all told us the cool story behind the box!
Dec 21, 2014 2:16pm
Thread
Thank you for all your compliments! I'm glad you liked it. I'm truly honored....
Dec 21, 2014 2:20pm
Thread
I think purple looks awesome on my son!!!!!!! LOL Thank you all for the kind words! We are truly ecstatic, to say the least! And yes, Brown Cow, this sure is a wonderful semester end gift. We’re so pleased that the people who have found the box have enjoyed it as much as we did in presenting Miles’ form of fun! Thank you all for helping us get this wonderful honor…Kudos!!!!!!!!!

Fyi…if you’re having trouble viewing the video, not being computer savvy to know the reasons, we found if you watch on a PC, tablet or a more recent smart phone, you can view it. It IS necessary to watch in order to complete the clues.
Dec 21, 2014 3:06pm
Thread
Well done Miles.

F8
Reply to: #881193 by figureeight
Dec 21, 2014 4:32pm
Thread
Congrats Miles!! Well deserved!!
Dec 22, 2014 5:40am
Thread
Congratulations! Very well deserved. That box is great!
Reply to: #881141 by scouttrekkie
Dec 22, 2014 2:45pm
Thread
Apparently not all browsers liked our music. So we changed it by using the YouTube Music Library so this problem won't happen again. Happy viewing...