A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Georgia

Re: Hello Atlanta
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #872429 by Hosmer's
Oct 14, 2014 7:04pm
Thread
be careful on the Silver Comet trail if you're female. go with a companion. it's been dangerous in the past several months. . .

~tigs
Reply to: #872419 by PiggyJaunt
Oct 14, 2014 7:51pm
Thread
Hi PJ,
I agree with the others, Decatur Cemetery is a great place to look, I have a series there. (shameless plug for "The tools She Used") Seriously, go on my plants, I have a series there and then hit boxes nearby for others there. You can google Decatur Cemetery and print out a cemetery guide with the sections labeled- it helps since you've never been there. There is a walking entrance and a driving entrance, the old section is a little rough, if you car has low clearance, walking is best. (it's also narrow) Going during the day is good, lots of walkers, so you'll have to watch for them. The weather is supposed to be absolutely beautiful while you're here, have a great time.
B Stitch?
Oct 17, 2014 7:10am
Thread
Does anyone know how to get in touch with B Stitch? I found A Lil TLC which is a letterbox near the grave of Lefteye of TLC. The clue is a great tribute, but the box needs some TLC - the other kind.

koala,
in the area
Re: B Stitch?
Reply to: #872777 by koalacat
Oct 17, 2014 12:08pm
Thread
I checked to see if the B stood for everything cuz i know another B Stitch, but the B stands for Bristol. Not the same person apparently. While i was checking, i noted that the last log in for them is April of 2012.
Oct 17, 2014 8:37pm
Thread
I would suggest you contact TreeHuggin Squirrel...they're friends.
Reply to: #872518 by GApackrats
Oct 18, 2014 11:11am
Thread
And by "lots of walkers," she might just mean "lots of zombies"!!!
Oct 20, 2014 5:34am
Thread
I have his cell number if it hasn't changed. Will text him.
Boxing Tomorrow
Oct 24, 2014 12:24pm
Thread
Anybody want to box tomorrow??
Re: Boxing Tomorrow
Reply to: #873769 by hawkeye
Oct 24, 2014 2:20pm
Thread
Sure! I'll be along the shoreline of Lake Seminole between Bainbridge and Chattahoochee. Where will you be?
Reply to: #873784 by Kirbert
Oct 24, 2014 2:41pm
Thread
Haha!
Oct 24, 2014 5:20pm
Thread
Hopefully I'll get to grab a box or two. Not sure where I'm heading though.
Reply to: #873808 by Only Dreaming
Oct 24, 2014 8:48pm
Thread
No boxing for me tomorrow--it's Ian's last high school band competition. I'm proud of him, but boy, this senior year thing is a bittersweet time!
Reply to: #873828 by WiseOldOwl
Oct 24, 2014 10:14pm
Thread
Yep, I'm right there with you on that woo.
Oct 25, 2014 5:39am
Thread
yes - you coming to NH??

~tigs
Reply to: #873828 by WiseOldOwl
Oct 26, 2014 3:12pm
Thread
Ian's last high school band competition

Update: Woodland High won Grand Champion--their third this marching season. So glad I went--and so proud I could bust!!
Reply to: #874084 by WiseOldOwl
Oct 26, 2014 5:02pm
Thread
Thats awesome WOO! Congratulations proud momma. :-)
Leftover backpack at Poison Oaks
Nov 1, 2014 7:59pm
Thread
Someone left a black backpack with an Old Navy grey fleece at Poison Oaks. Let me know if it is yours.
Re: Leftover backpack at Poison Oaks
Reply to: #874819 by Big Red
Nov 1, 2014 8:07pm
Thread
It's not ours.
Thank you again for opening your home, we had a wonderful time!
Nov 2, 2014 4:47am
Thread
i'm sad there's lost belongings BUT -

WHAT A GREAT TIME!!

LOADS of great boxes, wonderful food (and hot chocolate that smelled ghoulishly good!), happy companions (Ben, you're a great TALL box collector). What more could anyone ask of an event??? karmakat and peepstone, you did a phenomenal job of our Inky Something!! ;-)

And Big Red: your home is beautiful, your daughter is lovely, and boxing with you is truly a blessing! Thank you so much for your hospitality!

~tigs (who managed 11.1 miles. happy sigh)
Nov 2, 2014 6:39am
Thread
Also, not our backpack but kudzu goes out to karmakat, big red and peepstone for this event. OOPS, make that kudos to(sorry but this is the south). Thank you to big red for allowing us to traipse all over your property and home. Thanks to peepstone for organizing some crazy boxers into a somewhat cohesive unit. And big thanks to karmakat for the event, the creative way the clues were done and being charming enough to talk big red into letting crazy boxers traipse all over her property. JOBS WELL DONE!! Thanks to the little folk who put up with us and I hope someone told the zombie to come in out of the cold and enjoy some hot chocolate. Many Thanks again!
Nov 2, 2014 6:55am
Thread
I didn't leave a backpack, but I did leave my chair out on the porch. I appreciate so much the hospitality and work that goes into an event like this.
Nov 2, 2014 8:56am
Thread
Ditto to what has already been said!!! Thanks for a great event -- my last and SEVENTEENTH of 2014 -- unless someone else sneaks one in before New Year's.

Thanks to the Mamas, B3 (I didn't get your exchange!) and GAPackrats for letting me tag along with them. It was FUN!

BTW, I made it home safely!
Nov 2, 2014 2:32pm
Thread
Thanks for letting us now you got home safely, Colorful.
B3 and I had a wonderful day & evening. Thanks to everyone who boxed with us yesterday- Bugfood Babe, Phantom Finder and Mountains of Miles during the afternoon and Tigs, Eeyore, Colorful in the evening. 'Tall' Ben is laughing at the posts above and is ready to go tromping though the woods again. (especially if he's with people who think he's tall!!)
I thanked Red, Peep and Karma for their hospitality but I completely forgot to thank Artemis for the hot chocolate- the house smelled SOOO good when we got done and the hot chocolate was yummy! I can get the chair from Red and get it to GaCandygirl if y'all need me to be a go between.
Reply to: #874870 by GApackrats
Nov 2, 2014 5:10pm
Thread
Thanks Gpr
Reply to: #874879 by GA Candy Girl
Nov 2, 2014 7:37pm
Thread
No problem, I'll get with Red and then give you a call!
Jingle Boxing?
Nov 6, 2014 6:29pm
Thread
Is anyone doing it this year? If not, could we do what I think Isabeau mentioned last year - we pick an area and all plant Christmasy stamps by a certain date and then hunt them in groups based on availability throughout December?
Re: Jingle Boxing?
Reply to: #875353 by peepstone
Nov 6, 2014 6:32pm
Thread
I haven't seen anything, but I'm up for group planting in an area, keep me in the loop.
Reply to: #875353 by peepstone
Nov 6, 2014 7:04pm
Thread
Well, if we do that, it would be good if we picked an area that is more or less central to most of us (even us west side folks) and that is not completely covered over with boxes already. Any ideas?
Reply to: #875362 by WiseOldOwl
Nov 7, 2014 4:42am
Thread
I'll come up with some suggestions by this afternoon!
Reply to: #875403 by peepstone
Nov 7, 2014 6:13am
Thread
Sounds great! I'll help however I can. We play soccer thru first part of December but that's it.