A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Georgia

Re: Stone Mountain Park
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #870413 by TwoFoxes
Sep 30, 2014 12:41pm
Thread
Stone Mountain Park does require research and foot work before you enter the park... that box that you went looking for was missing but you walk by about 10 boxes to look for it
Reply to: #870788 by T REX
Oct 1, 2014 6:20am
Thread
Stone Mountain Park does require research and foot work before you enter the park... that box that you went looking for was missing but you walk by about 10 boxes to look for it

While that is definitely true, if you are feeling overwhelmed, I would simply recommend you find what seems obvious to you and then at least you can mark some off your list. Even for people who've boxed there many times and have close to half the boxes (me - with family trailname) it is still a bear to tackle and organize clues.

PLUS, by doing so you will start recognizing landmarks and grow familiar with the territory so that other clues begin to make sense.
Reply to: #870851 by Sweet n Sassy
Oct 3, 2014 10:52am
Thread
True that. I am not able to relate since I grew up in that park. It is kind of like having people plant boxes in my back yard over and over...no research required. Just searching. ;)
Fort Mountain State Park
Oct 6, 2014 6:45pm
Thread
Just checking to see if there is anyone that might want to camp with me this weekend? Have reservations Fri, Sat and Sun nights at Fort Mt SP (Gwinnett Co is out on Mon). If you don't want to camp but want to box on Fri or Sat....that's good too. Have to be in Chattanooga on Sun and will come home on Monday......my daughter's soccer game is back on for Sat and they weren't so excited about going anyway so.....it's just me!
Re: Fort Mountain State Park
Reply to: #871515 by Scout MOM
Oct 7, 2014 10:16am
Thread
Well, poo. I work all weekend. :( Have fun!
Hello Atlanta
Oct 14, 2014 6:19am
Thread
I'm going to be visiting from Thurs-Sat. I was wondering if there are any boxes I absolutely should find or what any of your personal favorites are :) Also, I tend to be super oblivious. Are there any areas with boxes that I should be more aware of safety? I've only done a tiny bit of boxing in Atlanta before but what I found was great! I cant wait to get back to it.
Re: Hello Atlanta
Reply to: #872419 by PiggyJaunt
Oct 14, 2014 6:33am
Thread
Atlanta and the boxes planted around it are very spread out what part of town are you going to be in?
Reply to: #872421 by T REX
Oct 14, 2014 6:45am
Thread
Decatur mostly, but I have time during the days to drive. I'll be boxing from likely 9am-4pm most days
Reply to: #872422 by PiggyJaunt
Oct 14, 2014 6:58am
Thread
I hope you enjoy your visit. Decatur is a good place to start. Check out the Decatur cemetery @ 1211 Church street. A number of series are buried...er planted there. Especially look for This Is Not The Zoo (5). Sorry I can't help more. Happy Hunting!
Oct 14, 2014 7:30am
Thread
Georgia on my Mind is fabulous! It's out of the city on the Silver Comet trail if you want a scenic walk. http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?boxId=216506
Reply to: #872429 by Hosmer's
Oct 14, 2014 7:04pm
Thread
be careful on the Silver Comet trail if you're female. go with a companion. it's been dangerous in the past several months. . .

~tigs
Oct 14, 2014 7:51pm
Thread
Hi PJ,
I agree with the others, Decatur Cemetery is a great place to look, I have a series there. (shameless plug for "The tools She Used") Seriously, go on my plants, I have a series there and then hit boxes nearby for others there. You can google Decatur Cemetery and print out a cemetery guide with the sections labeled- it helps since you've never been there. There is a walking entrance and a driving entrance, the old section is a little rough, if you car has low clearance, walking is best. (it's also narrow) Going during the day is good, lots of walkers, so you'll have to watch for them. The weather is supposed to be absolutely beautiful while you're here, have a great time.
B Stitch?
Oct 17, 2014 7:10am
Thread
Does anyone know how to get in touch with B Stitch? I found A Lil TLC which is a letterbox near the grave of Lefteye of TLC. The clue is a great tribute, but the box needs some TLC - the other kind.

koala,
in the area
Re: B Stitch?
Reply to: #872777 by koalacat
Oct 17, 2014 12:08pm
Thread
I checked to see if the B stood for everything cuz i know another B Stitch, but the B stands for Bristol. Not the same person apparently. While i was checking, i noted that the last log in for them is April of 2012.
Oct 17, 2014 8:37pm
Thread
I would suggest you contact TreeHuggin Squirrel...they're friends.
Reply to: #872518 by GApackrats
Oct 18, 2014 11:11am
Thread
And by "lots of walkers," she might just mean "lots of zombies"!!!
Oct 20, 2014 5:34am
Thread
I have his cell number if it hasn't changed. Will text him.
Boxing Tomorrow
Oct 24, 2014 12:24pm
Thread
Anybody want to box tomorrow??
Re: Boxing Tomorrow
Reply to: #873769 by hawkeye
Oct 24, 2014 2:20pm
Thread
Sure! I'll be along the shoreline of Lake Seminole between Bainbridge and Chattahoochee. Where will you be?
Reply to: #873784 by Kirbert
Oct 24, 2014 2:41pm
Thread
Haha!
Oct 24, 2014 5:20pm
Thread
Hopefully I'll get to grab a box or two. Not sure where I'm heading though.
Reply to: #873808 by Only Dreaming
Oct 24, 2014 8:48pm
Thread
No boxing for me tomorrow--it's Ian's last high school band competition. I'm proud of him, but boy, this senior year thing is a bittersweet time!
Reply to: #873828 by WiseOldOwl
Oct 24, 2014 10:14pm
Thread
Yep, I'm right there with you on that woo.
Oct 25, 2014 5:39am
Thread
yes - you coming to NH??

~tigs
Reply to: #873828 by WiseOldOwl
Oct 26, 2014 3:12pm
Thread
Ian's last high school band competition

Update: Woodland High won Grand Champion--their third this marching season. So glad I went--and so proud I could bust!!
Reply to: #874084 by WiseOldOwl
Oct 26, 2014 5:02pm
Thread
Thats awesome WOO! Congratulations proud momma. :-)
Leftover backpack at Poison Oaks
Nov 1, 2014 7:59pm
Thread
Someone left a black backpack with an Old Navy grey fleece at Poison Oaks. Let me know if it is yours.
Re: Leftover backpack at Poison Oaks
Reply to: #874819 by Big Red
Nov 1, 2014 8:07pm
Thread
It's not ours.
Thank you again for opening your home, we had a wonderful time!
Nov 2, 2014 4:47am
Thread
i'm sad there's lost belongings BUT -

WHAT A GREAT TIME!!

LOADS of great boxes, wonderful food (and hot chocolate that smelled ghoulishly good!), happy companions (Ben, you're a great TALL box collector). What more could anyone ask of an event??? karmakat and peepstone, you did a phenomenal job of our Inky Something!! ;-)

And Big Red: your home is beautiful, your daughter is lovely, and boxing with you is truly a blessing! Thank you so much for your hospitality!

~tigs (who managed 11.1 miles. happy sigh)
Nov 2, 2014 6:39am
Thread
Also, not our backpack but kudzu goes out to karmakat, big red and peepstone for this event. OOPS, make that kudos to(sorry but this is the south). Thank you to big red for allowing us to traipse all over your property and home. Thanks to peepstone for organizing some crazy boxers into a somewhat cohesive unit. And big thanks to karmakat for the event, the creative way the clues were done and being charming enough to talk big red into letting crazy boxers traipse all over her property. JOBS WELL DONE!! Thanks to the little folk who put up with us and I hope someone told the zombie to come in out of the cold and enjoy some hot chocolate. Many Thanks again!