Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Georgia

Re: Berry College Eagle Nest Update
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #845547 by Only Dreaming
May 9, 2014 5:39pm
Thread
Did you get to see the parent eagles?

The nest is visible from the parking lot high up in a pine tree. We were hoping to see Mom and Dad make their switch but it didn't happen while we were there. It was interesting to see the nest and tour the campus. We found a few Rome boxes and left one.
Re: Hiding boxes
Reply to: #845537 by F.A.M.S.
May 9, 2014 5:54pm
Thread
Please think of the older people in GA

I think we need to keep everyone in mind. I love a hike but admit to struggling more and more as my knee deteriorates. We also have some physically challenged boxers......so to keep everyone happy, we try to plant a mix of long and short......
Reply to: #845569 by tiggermama
May 9, 2014 6:16pm
Thread
I'd like all new boxes to be planted within 50 miles of my house. That gives you 5 states to choose from and a lot of waterfalls. Go.

I count only four, unless Virginia is closer than 50 miles away.
May 9, 2014 6:20pm
Thread
I know that for the ones that have no icon, I read the clue carefully so I can gauge how much energy I'll need or if the box is for me.

What are you talking about? Tiggers have unlimited energy! Or at least that's what I assumed because all I've ever heard about tigers are that their tops are made out of rubber, their bottoms are made out of springs. They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy-Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
Reply to: #845588 by Raven
May 9, 2014 6:31pm
Thread
Well, with what tigs is going through, that's something that will take the bounce out of anyone, including a tigger. At least for now anyway. High hopes!!! ;)
May 9, 2014 8:19pm
Thread
I have seen your stamp in a lot of boxes on our trip as we are on our way to Philadelphia. Visited Gettysburg and Dillsbury today. Had lunch with Paula (Red Cruzsader) at Wolfe's diner and enjoyed so much seeing her talents at carving.
Reply to: #845610 by GA Candy Girl
May 10, 2014 8:54am
Thread
we're on our way BACK to Gettysburg today!! i hope you enjoy Philly; it's where i was born (not where i'm from, mind, but that's the fault of the USNavy).

and MiSs C: i have chronic Lyme. When i'm in a flair, i have the energy of a sloth. My joints swell up and everything gets stiff and sore. If i'm fine, i can hike for 12-15 miles. If i'm not, 3 miles is a LOT.

WATCH OUT FOR TICKS.

~tigs
Reply to: #845586 by Oberon_Kenobi
May 10, 2014 11:50am
Thread
Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, NC, SC

That is 5.
World Peace Cafe in Sandy Springs
May 12, 2014 7:27am
Thread
Hey everyone,

I was just toodling around AQ looking at Sandy Springs clues. I was doing some location research for the World Peace Cafe and discovered that the establishment closed it's doors in August 2013. I'm guessing the stamp is no longer accessible.

peepstone
Re: World Peace Cafe in Sandy Springs
Reply to: #846054 by peepstone
May 12, 2014 7:29am
Thread
Do the owners live in the area? I can't remember. Did you try emailing them? Even though they haven't been on in awhile, they might have their AQmail forwarded.
Reply to: #846055 by Raven
May 12, 2014 7:41am
Thread
I messaged them, too. I thought it would be good to alert everyone here since I can't change the status.
May 12, 2014 9:23am
Thread
Come search for mine just south of Nashville!! I always keep older folks and kids in mind. I've planted most of mind with my impatient kid in tow :)
May 12, 2014 9:44am
Thread
I was doing some location research for the World Peace Cafe and discovered that the establishment closed it's doors in August 2013. I'm guessing the stamp is no longer accessible.

...but the clue says nothing about it being inside.
Reply to: #846086 by Eidolon
May 12, 2014 1:28pm
Thread
Huh. I totally read it as indoors.
Reply to: #846122 by peepstone
May 12, 2014 3:12pm
Thread
This was an indoors stamp.
Reply to: #846138 by DeeCee
May 12, 2014 3:34pm
Thread
This was an indoors stamp.

Yep. Sure was.
May 12, 2014 8:16pm
Thread
ALMOST got that box one day. I remember a special young boxer getting car sick and the restaurant was not yet open. And there was a big festival in the parking lot. And there was some crisis at work that I had to work through with staff over the phone.

A feeble yet memorable attempt. Never went back.

Janice
BR
Reply to: #846199 by Big Red
May 13, 2014 6:26am
Thread
OK, so it was inside. Since it was stairs, and I had not been there, it wasn't obvious to me from reading. However, that also doesn't mean it is gone, just not accessible now unless there is a new business there. Maybe someone should go check. :)
May 13, 2014 8:55am
Thread
I'm "old" and don't walk so well so I only go after those boxes that are drive-bys. Also, those are the kind I plant, wherever I am. So long as you aren't going after thousands and thousands of boxes, there are plenty of drive-bys.
Reply to: #846354 by zoemomma
May 13, 2014 2:37pm
Thread
I'm "old"

If this were true what would I be?
Reply to: #846515 by figureeight
May 13, 2014 4:38pm
Thread
If this were true what would I be?

yoda

~a squirrel ;-)
Reply to: #846515 by figureeight
May 13, 2014 8:04pm
Thread
In better shape than I am. That's a retired PE teacher for ya!
GA Pal Day
May 17, 2014 4:44am
Thread
Well, I got a stamp planted. :) I had intended to do a whole series, but I still have two more to carve on that, so soon. It felt good to be out there planting a little something again. Thanks DeeCee for the motivation!
Re: GA Pal Day
Reply to: #847644 by Hosmer's
May 17, 2014 3:58pm
Thread
I also got a stamp out there today! I loved your other series--the one at Ocmulgee! Can't wait to find this one :)
Re: GA Pal Day
Reply to: #847716 by LMN
May 17, 2014 7:17pm
Thread
Thanks. :) I'm glad to hear someone say that even though I royally messed up the clues and Beast kept walking off. Lol. The one I planted today was a stamp I got a while back from Don't Panic. I'm hoping to get the last two for the new series carved this next week.

If you ever wondered. RSINT = random stamps in the woods. I couldn't think of a good name. ;)

I'll have to see if yours is near me. Now that I can get out again, maybe I can find it.
stamps
May 19, 2014 5:50pm
Thread
I am going to the TN event up at Piney Campground at the Land Between the Lakes. If anyone has any kind of stamps just sitting around that they would like planted in that area.....I'd be happy to take them and plant away. There will also be Temp boxes so if you have one that likes to travel, I will be happy to take and return those as well!
Re: stamps
Reply to: #848247 by Scout MOM
May 19, 2014 7:10pm
Thread
I've got a ton, any particular theme? You would want them in boxes ready to plant, right?
Home Again
May 19, 2014 8:18pm
Thread
Atlanta to Philadelphia to Charleston to Atlanta - 2779 miles, 8 states, 16 days, 121 traditional boxes.
Re: Home Again
Reply to: #848298 by GA Candy Girl
May 19, 2014 8:20pm
Thread
How exciting! It has been wonderful following your journey in photos. Thanks so much for posting them on FB. I am glad you had a great time.
Re: stamps
Reply to: #848281 by GApackrats
May 19, 2014 11:55pm
Thread
There is no theme.....don't have to be in a box but can be.....I'm good either way.