About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Georgia

Thanks, OpticQuest
Board: State: Georgia
Apr 3, 2011 1:09pm
Thread
I see you planted a box (okay, a two box series) for our Second Saturday event this coming Saturday. I can't wait! We hope to see many of you there.

karmakat
Re: Thanks, OpticQuest
Reply to: #596897 by karmakat
Apr 4, 2011 9:12am
Thread
I saw that too!! Oakland is on my list of places I want to go Sat!! :-)
Reply to: #597069 by Scout MOM
Apr 4, 2011 9:15am
Thread
Except.....we need to go AFTER 12 Noon as the 2nd Sat is the day they have their volunteers work on cleaning up and replanting.....the hours for that are 8:30 am - 12 pm.
Reply to: #596897 by karmakat
Apr 4, 2011 12:06pm
Thread
Yes! I wanted to contribute in some way since I work Saturdays and cant ever attend the events. I would have hidden more eggs to 'hunt' but yesterday was my only day to plant before Saturday. Hope you enjoy!
Mighty Casey
Apr 8, 2011 9:43am
Thread
Does anyone or can anyone give me better clues to this box. I have already tried it two times last year but apparently looking in the wrong spot. It has been found since my last hunt. Thx
My stars!
Apr 8, 2011 9:46am
Thread
This is my 1,000 post. I talk to much.
Re: My stars!
Reply to: #598118 by judithandsparky
Apr 8, 2011 10:26am
Thread
Did you make a wish? And you don't talk too much at all!
Re: Mighty Casey
Reply to: #598116 by B Stitch
Apr 8, 2011 10:29am
Thread
If I remember correctly it is a blind reach around the I beam but it has been a while...
Reply to: #598133 by Eidolon
Apr 8, 2011 11:25am
Thread
Very blind reach for an Altoids tin behind the beam.
Reply to: #598142 by hawkeye
Apr 8, 2011 12:51pm
Thread
It's really not hard once you find the numbers......look for the area with LOTS of picnic tables on the INSIDE.....
Apr 8, 2011 5:22pm
Thread
The number that you will be looking for is small (on a doorway)
Apr 9, 2011 12:03am
Thread
Hmmm...I looked but didn't find it...might have something to do with not remembering my compass. Blindly guessing at beams...and running out of chances to be stealthy. I think the compass heading may have been an important part and not something to guess at!
Reply to: #598312 by She Runs
Apr 9, 2011 12:20am
Thread
Depending on when you looked, there WAS a point where it had fallen DOWN the I beam and got stuck but the people who did it came back with tools of some sort and rescued it too. That was probably 2008/9.

Total memory (anyone feel free to correct) as you are walking out to the picnic area where it curves in a U shape to the left, it is the beam on the right just before going out the opening?
Reply to: #598314 by Eidolon
Apr 9, 2011 2:57pm
Thread
Thanks to everyones help I found it finally! And I also planted one for those who will go to a braves game.
New Stone Mountain Box
Apr 12, 2011 3:20pm
Thread
We hid a new Box today at the big rock......Yes, I am A Pirate, Two Hundred Years Too Late. Check it out.......It's an easy drive by.

DRG
Re: New Stone Mountain Box
Reply to: #599161 by drgdlg
Apr 12, 2011 3:41pm
Thread
Great clue!
Geocaching
Apr 13, 2011 5:07pm
Thread
I know...dirty word that it is....but, for the Southside Boxers.....the Clayton County Convention and Visitor's Bureau has hidden about 9 caches all over the county. You do not trade anything. You sign the log book and you take one of the cards in the box (they look like LTC's)....after you collect all of them, you take them to the Tara Museum in downtown Jonesboro and you will receive a special gift. I do not know what it is yet as I haven't finished them but....just thought I'd share as there are also letterboxes in most of these same areas. Here is a link with more info.....

http://www.claytoncountyga.gov/news-and-events/archived-news/geocaching-program.aspx
Re: Geocaching
Reply to: #599392 by Scout MOM
Apr 14, 2011 11:18am
Thread
thank you!!
and also if you did not know - take a look at the GA State Parks Geo-Challenge...
fun!!
Atlanta Braves Tonight
Apr 15, 2011 8:27am
I have two tickets to the braves game tonight. I am using one, but if a fellow boxer out there is feeling adventurous wants the other ticket, let me know! The game is at 7:30.

The fastest way to reach me is to send me an email (hdaum@comsquared.com) or here on AQ.

Brook
Shout Out to roses1007!!
Apr 15, 2011 1:17pm
Thread
I wanna give a shout out to roses1007. Not only did she rescue Old Enough to Own a Gun, to Young to be President from the delapidated structure it was hidden under, she was kind enough to take the box home, contact me, and then allow us to come to her home and pick it up. But she went a step further...instead of just leaving the damaged box out in the weather she took time to rebox it as good as possible and then put it a garbage bag to keep it dry! This is what makes a good letterboxer and this is a great example of how letterboxers should treat each other!

Kudos roses1007!!
Re: Shout Out to roses1007!!
Reply to: #599887 by hawkeye
Apr 15, 2011 1:59pm
Thread
***Throws confetti****
Apr 16, 2011 9:02am
Thread
She is a good person and sister-in-law! :)
She was very concerned about that box.
castles16
Apr 16, 2011 4:56pm
Thread
Anybody have an address for castles16?? I realize she isn't active anymore but I have 4 full logbooks that she might enjoy seeing. I would love to send them to her if by chance anyone has an address for her through a postal or something.
Apr 17, 2011 8:25pm
Thread
Nice job Roses!

--CB
Re: castles16
Reply to: #600144 by hawkeye
Apr 18, 2011 6:21am
Thread
i have one she used awhile back i believe
Trying to find a letterbox that was found near a geocache
Apr 19, 2011 7:16pm
Thread
Hi fellow letterboxers,

I frequent the geocaching boards and a new geocacher posted a question. She had stumbled upon a 'cache' while looking for another cache. She was pretty sure it wasn't the correct cache so went to the geocaching forums to ask what was it that she found.

After asking a few questions we found out that it has a hand-carved stamp and concluded that it was a letterbox. Now I'm curious about which letterbox it might be. I have been unable to find it on AQ or LBNA. It's in Oconee County near the Elder Covered Bridge (Elder Mill Road, Watkinsville). FYI, in case anyone is wondering, the cache at the bridge site was planted on May 29 2001, it's called "Elder Bridge Treasure" GCADD. Anyone know if it's listed and what it's called?
Re: Trying to find a letterbox that was found near a geocache
Reply to: #600905 by Lone R
Apr 19, 2011 7:51pm
Thread
Sounds like it may be Ribbons and Roses by VictoriAnna.
Reply to: #600916 by hawkeye
Apr 20, 2011 3:01am
Thread
Agreed. That is the only box at that bridge that I know about. I guess that means Knit Wit did put it back after we pulled it for maintenance a couple years ago...
Reply to: #600944 by Eidolon
Apr 20, 2011 9:38am
Thread
Thanks everyone, you've been most helpful. :)
Apr 20, 2011 10:31am
Thread
Thanks so much for your kind words! I was glad to do it. I wish I had done more!