Search Edit Search

Read Board: Country: Philippines

Re: New Box
Board: Country: Philippines
Reply to: #179441 by TainoNY
Jan 25, 2008 2:43pm
Thread
Mr. Yuk,

Is this box still there? I noticed someone attempted to find it last month. I'll be traveling to the Philippines soon and would like to find it!

2precious4u

I sent you a private message. That attempt was not really an attempt. Get back to me if you need anything.

- Yuk
Is There Anyone Out There?
Jul 14, 2010 1:35am
Thread
Are there any active letterboxers in the Manila area right now?

Jess
Re: Is There Anyone Out There?
Reply to: #528740 by Jess
Oct 22, 2011 10:54pm
Thread
May be visiting in June or July for a few weeks, my husband's family...
If I get a chance.....
Will try to plant boxes in Manila area, Cebu, and Dapitan City, Mindinao...

Trick is to find people to keep an eye on them for me....

Thinking local tour guides and hotel managers might .... If I do, will let you know.

Does anyone in those areas actually letterbox? I could barely find geocaches in Manila, most were micro sized or virtuals. Definitely needs to be at high traffic tourist areas. Anyone who's been to Manila knows traffic is so bad it takes hours to cross the city. So travelling to find a letterbox could be pretty nerve-wracking...
Reply to: #649119 by FloridaFour
Oct 23, 2011 9:01am
Thread
My husband knows the manager of Shangri-La Resort in Cebu. If we go there, we will ask her to keep one at the hotel...thisis a 5 star resorrt, people from all over stay there. So might be a nice place to start off letterboxing...

Might even be able to swing a discount for letterboxers... :)
Reply to: #649158 by FloridaFour
Nov 1, 2011 6:15am
Thread
Oh! I so wish that discount existed a few months ago! We stayed there a while ago and loved it. It would be a great place for letterboxes.

No, no one here letterboxes and the armed guards all over the place have dissuaded me from planting anything while living here. That and the fact that if anyone finds it, it will probably be blown up by the bomb squads. Ha!
Reply to: #651467 by Jess
Mar 4, 2012 7:30pm
Thread
Just checking in again... Philippines trip coming up in June. If we stay at a resort where we know the manager, we will leave a box behind, probably indoors. Not sure where else we would find a good spot...
Come and look for it!
Jun 27, 2012 12:01am
I planted a letterbox in Cebu City! Enjoy!