Nov 21, 2014 9:12am
Thread
Is taking the place of the other group, which now I can't find
Re: ?
Board: Toad Hollow Friends
Reply to: #877553 by S and D
Nov 21, 2014 10:16am
Thread
I'm at work - but when I'm home tonight I'll share more info : )
Re: ?
Reply to: #877568 by mudflinginfools
Nov 21, 2014 12:28pm
Thread
Awesome
Know of someone needing encouragement?
Nov 23, 2014 8:01am
Thread
Here is a new board where folks can post information about folks in need of some mail therapy. Nothing saying I'm here for you more than a happy note in your mailbox. We are establishing some guidelines:

1. Post basic information about the persons situation. Too many details can sometimes feel like their private information is being shared with the masses. So be respectful of their need for privacy while seeking needed encouragement.
2. Do NOT post addresses and names on this board. If you are posting a request for someone - ask folks to privately inbox you for their address or send that information to myself or one of the Admins. We can then forward that information privately.
3. Share this board and encourage others to make it a 'favorite' board so information can be shared.

Any questions - feel free to ask them on the boards. But let's get this group growing and sharing!
Kathleen - mud
Re: Know of someone needing encouragement?
Reply to: #877858 by mudflinginfools
Nov 23, 2014 8:40pm
Thread
I am so happy to see this group grow. Sometimes mail therapy is good encouragement for a person in need of a smile. My father in law has just recently had to have hospice step in and help with his care. I have been sharing some of our letterboxing addventure with him and my mother-in-law. They think its just the most nifty thing since sliced bread. I took our LTC over to show them last week. They both are amazed at everyone's creativity. If they could see notes of encouragement, uplifting notes, or just plain ol get well cards I am sure it would bring a some smiles to a gloomy situation. If anyone is interested in sending them some mail, please inbox me. As I am sure seeing mail come in from around the world would be GREATLY uplifting to them.
hoping to bring a smile to a gloomy situation
Reply to: #877921 by Gumbies
Nov 24, 2014 12:55pm
Thread
THANK YOU FOR KEEPING THIS GOING. I am in hopes my father in law gets lots of encouragement through this. Prayers are also appreciated at this time. Hospice is now in the picture and the outcome isn't looking good. But I serve an awesome God
Thoughts and Prayers
Nov 26, 2014 5:14am
Without going into detail, Mr Happy Daze, one of our more prolific boxers here in Maine, has been going through some serious medical issues. Please keep him, and Mrs Happy Daze, in your thoughts and prayers. If you are interested in sending them a card, you can mail them to myself or Angel Treads and we will forward them along.

Jiffy
Birthday Surprise Tracker
Aug 13, 2017 8:29pm
Thread
Hello -

BBSTacker is turning 70 on August 25. I started a tracker to send LTC's, birthday card, or whatever you wish directly to him for a surprise.

Let me know if you'd be interested. Also, if you know of anyone else interested in being part of the surprise.

Thanks so much!
Tina
Re: Birthday Surprise Tracker
Reply to: #950019 by GypsyLadybug
Aug 14, 2017 4:43am
Thread
Sign me up as I couldn't find it...
Kathleen
Reply to: #950023 by mudflinginfools
Aug 14, 2017 5:05am
Thread
I couldn't find the tracker either, but would love to send him a card! Could you send us the link for the tracker???

Jiffy
Reply to: #950024 by Jiffy
Aug 14, 2017 5:40am
Thread
I'm in. Sent you a pm.
Reply to: #950023 by mudflinginfools
Aug 14, 2017 6:25am
Thread
The tracker is restricted :-) I'll add you both, MFF and Jiffy. Thank you!!
Reply to: #950033 by GypsyLadybug
Aug 14, 2017 7:36am
Thread
That's what I figured :) Thanks!