Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Rules and Variants

by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Rules and Variants
Keep the tips coming for when I find a playing partner--I'll already know how to play.
by The Wolf FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
Hehehe... I like that too. I usually spend the first game learning rules and strategies from other players. Then the second game I start to really play. ;) I only played once but would like to play again. We ended the game by exhausting 6 stack...
I have set up the board and have 2 cards I don't know what to do with -- The Driver and Boxing Buddy. Also, does the last player to play get the top starting eevil card to discard in his deck and then the next one is turned over, or does someone have...
Oh, and what do I do with the miniature cards?
by AiphidProfileContactLogbookNote
... Those are starter cards. You can leave them aside unless you are playing with the Team Boxer or the Buddy Boxer. ... The little cards are the randomizer deck. You can leave them aside for now. ... Someone has to buy the card for the next one to b...
I'll take a pic. in the morning & try to figure out how to post it. I know how to post, but how do I get the link here?
You could put it in the AQ photo gallery and link it here. Or you can make a Google Doc and link it here.
http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.html?gPhotoId=130972 http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.html?gPhotoId=130973 I think these are the pictures.
That turned out great!! And you put in dividers! It's simple, functional, and very nicely done!
Thank you. The dividers are foam backing. They stand up by themselves.
by TheKindlyVikingsProfileContactLogbookNote
We played the game last night and had a really fun evening, but we had a few questions: The rules state "Play cards from your hand, one at a time, and fully resolve the effects of each card as they are played." While this probably irrelevant for most...
Great questions! I'll have to start saving up some like these for a FAQ :) ... You can interleave buying and playing, including saving all of the ink/miles until the end when you can't play any more so that you can buy more expensive cards. ... "tap"...
I chuckled when I saw the “tap“ was not explained. Apparently, he thought everyone has played Magic the Gathering. *giggle* You can tell who the geeks are....
"Interleave" - A new word for me. I looked it up & apparently its a computer programming and bookbinding term. Never heard it before.
"to arrange in or as if in alternate layers" Or: Alternate between
... So now you know he's a geek from using "tap" and "untap" and a computer programmer from using "interleave". I know the term "tap" from something different that doesn't relate to cards. Hint: Rule #2: Double tap! But applying it in that context...
Thanks Aiphid! I suspected it came from MTG, but I only played that game once, sometime around 1995, with someone else's cards. -TKV
While I only played it once, I never realized that MTG was developed so close to home. I went to college in Walla Walla where Richard Garfield (the designer) was living when the game was released. -TKV
Yeah that card wasn't origin ally part of the game so I didn't define it. I should add a glossary and faq to the rulebook.
actually that card is in the original 2013 version of the game. you weren't going to put it in the 2014 version. but I really love that card!! so I might have begged a little... The quote on the bottom of the card is just freaking awesome! and I love...
No, you have the card because I gave it to you. It wasn't an official card.
Umm... you are the creator of the game. You put it in the 2013 deck that I have and you have. It doesn't get any more official than the creator putting it in the deck!!! It IS official!! It IS!!! And NOW it's in the 2014 deck making it double offi...
My family attempted 5 players (though we know it's not made for 5 players we forced it to work anyway! HA!). There were card storage problems so we modified a few things: 1. There are not enough Starter cards so we subtracted 2 miles and 2 ink off of...
The Attack on an Event card says: Each opponent gains a Missing Box unless they can discard a Missing Box from their hand. So if I get "attacked" and HAVE a missing box my missing box blocks getting another missing box. The kids were trying to wrap t...
The first time I played I didn't realize I was supposed to keep all of the same Outing cards together in piles and shuffled and dealt into piles. The same number of cards were in each pile and it played just fine. When I last played, we really enjoye...