A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Board: LTC Collective

by klmzyProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: LTC Collective
Thanks much appreciated!
by Mama DeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks for your encouragement! And I agree, all of the newbies are doing great! We had Neoterra, Klmzy, Living Outside the Box, & Inktap all performed well, many cards received well before time! I am happy that we could share in our experience toget...
by Cake GuruProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you for your compliments and help along the way!
by NeoterraProfileContactLogbookNote
Yes! I haven't had all yet, and I guess I didn't even know inktap was new too! Pretty great!
by InkTapProfileContactLogbookNote
Newbs perform well when they have patient mentors like all of you! I pm'd a lot of questions and they were all answered right away with encouragement.
by Gypsy FiddlerProfileContactLogbookNote
How many forever stamps are required these days to send a padded 4×9 mailer with 12 ltc's? I've been using flat mailers, so I kinda lost track!
by Wise WandererProfileContactLogbookNote
The padded mailers are now considered "first class packages". You have to figure out the zone here: https://postcalc.usps.com/DomesticZoneChart and then the weight, to calculate the postage. Or take it to the post office. Not as simple as it used to...
by JampersandJProfileContactLogbookNote
For my postals, I just use this USPS site, which automatically figures out the price (taking zone into consideration) after you fill in the zip, size/shape, "package" rate, and weight. https://postcalc.usps.com/ And then, I go to my Paypal acct, whic...
by Gypsy FiddlerProfileContactLogbookNote
thank you!
by aMAZEing adventure frogProfileContactLogbookNote
Tell me more about postage via PayPal
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
... Yeah, me too. Do you print it on adhesive back paper and if so do you need a special printer?
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
aMAZEing adventure frog wrote: ... DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie wrote: ... Here is the link at PayPal. I use a regular printer and tape it to the envelope. I only tape the edges, enough to keep it on.
If you have a Paypal acct, the link is https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/ Fill in the appropriate info boxes.... (I use my kitchen scale for weight) ============ Savings: if I mail a package weighing 5 oz from West to East Coast (using my zip,...
Oberon_Kenobi answered before I did, but you can read my wordier response to aMAZEing adventure frog :) J
by crosscresentProfileContactLogbookNote
That's the only explanation I have. Other than some type of amnesia after I had my wisdom teeth removed. everything went wrong and that was the most pain I've ever been in my entire life. I still wake up in pain every single night. I just saw that I h...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
I’m pretty sure I speak for everyone here when I say, “do you have any of those drugs left?” 😄
by crosscresentProfileContactLogbookNote
... Ibuprofen yes, hydrocodone technically no, straight hemp brand 1000mg CBD oil no, coffee yes, and baby food nope 🤘
by SeerMeeshProfileContactLogbookNote
Standard LTC shipping.... How many forever stamps lately? Approx. 15 cards in the standard wrapped 6x9 bubble mailer.
by RIclimberProfileContactLogbookNote
Bubble mailer price depends on distance now. But 8-10 stamps each way I believe. Edit: according to the USPS calculator, $4.06 across the country. And $3.85 Maine to Florida. So 8 stamps would cover it most of the time. (Compared to less than 3 o...
by LadyRisaProfileContactLogbookNote
This is a handy tool. I use my digital kitchen scale to measure how much my packages weigh. That way I can make sure I always use the right amount of postage. https://postcalc.usps.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjY_UxpPQ4wIVyrzACh2OQQ3VEAAYASABEgIrn_D_BwE&gcl...
by condoProfileContactLogbookNote
So, on the time you're mailing them - if dropping in a blue box, does that mean pick up time from that box?
by brailleboxerProfileContactLogbookNote
You could always send in a flat 9x12 with a baseball card sleeve should be 3 stamps each way for that I believe -can still make it re useable - happy to send you a baseball card sleeve if you don’t have one and would like to try this - Some are even...
by Phoenix RizingProfileContactLogbookNote
Please!! When hosting an LTC tracker, please include a card from all senders in each set. Every set should have the same amount of cards. And if a sender sends extra cards for some reason, they should be sent back if not needed. I have submitted card...
by RocklunProfileContactLogbookNote
I'm sorry you've had this experience, Lynn. I honestly don't recall a host keeping any of my leftover cards, or even the one I send that's supposed to be returned to me. I'm guessing it won't happen again, now that you've discussed it with the hosts...
by aMAZEing adventure frogProfileContactLogbookNote
Saddened to hear that your current experiences have caused frustration but happy you spoke up. As a host, I've had the opposite happen where a participant sends one less card so as NOT to receive one back. I get the logic. However, it is easier to s...
by LadyRisaProfileContactLogbookNote
... I always make sure to put a time that would be normal post office hours. I've never had a time affect the price of postage. Only the weight, size, & shape of the package changes the cost. Also international mail is always so much more.
by condoProfileContactLogbookNote
I haven't hosted a tracker yet.... I am thinking about it, and what a theme would be.......... I have been also thinking about dealing with the the logistics of hosting a tracker. One of the things I thought about doing with the sorting, would be the...
by dancingpecanProfileContactLogbookNote
That's probably about what I do when I go to sort. I keep the unsorted cards in the envelopes that they were sent in. When I go to sort I have the tracker page up on my computer and I go through the envelopes in the order the members are listed on th...
The host I had an issue with told me that people send one less card for that reason, I have never heard of that!! In reality, by not sending enough cards can create a sorting nightmare for the host, it is much easier to create equal piles of cards. For...
I always send enough cards for all listed participants regardless of how many stamps get listed. That way there are always enough cards in case a stamp gets listed late. Better to send extra and get them back than to not send enough and be a problem.