A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: LTC Collective

Re: Wierd as all getout
Board: LTC Collective
Reply to: #922440 by SeerMeesh
Mar 17, 2016 4:51pm
Thread
That certainly is weird! At least it sounds like you got your cards back.
Mar 17, 2016 5:51pm
Thread
Where do you mail them? Are they in your box, the blue box or the post office? I am sorry. :(
Reply to: #922443 by LROSEM
Mar 17, 2016 8:00pm
Thread
Blue box. And I am grateful because the glitter spray exploded when I made these so I'm out of that, but at least I had more postage on hand. I just hope the cards won't be too late.
Mar 18, 2016 5:13am
Thread
Bizarre.....at least you got them back.
Mar 18, 2016 7:12am
Thread
Sounds like they were late and the host may have sent them back. Possibility?
Mar 18, 2016 7:13am
Thread
Btw I thought this was an advertisement for a new tracker called Weird As All Get-out. Sounds like a great tracker idea.
Reply to: #922470 by crosscresent
Mar 18, 2016 7:32am
Thread
That's the thing.... they weren't. I dropped them in Saturday night and they arrived back less than a week later.
☆☆☆"Vintage Roadside Signs and Attractions" LTC tracker ☆☆☆
Mar 20, 2016 4:08pm
Quick turn around. ♡♡♡
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gTrackerId=8911

Btw I could not find the trackers board. Sorry.
Technical carving question - help!
May 3, 2016 7:37pm
Thread
I'm carving the cheshire cat--the one that looks like ribbons. It's transferred, but I can't figure out what to carve/not carve. It has black sections which I had intended to cut out, but the ribbons are different colors, mostly shading. His arms are alternate colors. Do I just gouge it all out like a coloring book & then manually do the shading after stamped? This is what I'm tempted to do, but I don't want to gouge out the wrong thing & have to re-transfer it.

I'm using a new carving material I got from Dick Blick. I really like it so far, it's thin--white on one side and grey on the other. It took the pencil transfer great.
Re: Technical carving question - help!
Reply to: #925790 by Topcollector
May 3, 2016 8:58pm
Thread
Oh. How can I see a photo of the image?
Reply to: #925790 by Topcollector
May 4, 2016 4:34am
Thread
That's a tough one. If you'd like to hint at different colors, perhaps carve diagonal lines into some, and opposite direction diagonal or horizontal lines in others. Vary the line widths to show differences in tones.. Just one idea. You could play with how that looks by tracing and drawing the lines on paper, first.
Reply to: #925803 by FloridaFour
May 4, 2016 8:06am
Thread
Thanks. I haven't quite got the knack of the slash carving. I was looking at an old LTC the other day that someone else carved with the criss-cross marks and marveled at the skill. It never comes out like that when I try. I think I'm going to go with full coloring book style and end up cutting him out and mounting him on a dark background.
Reply to: #925813 by Topcollector
May 4, 2016 8:23am
Thread
I'm not a big fan of cross hatch in carving, but I like one direction hatching. I find mine looks best when I just go for it, but with some careful planning before I carve. I just pretend it's a pencil sketch.
newbie tracker
Sep 7, 2016 9:25am
Thread
I sent out a couple of welcome packages last week and a couple more this week. I usually send about 9-10 cards in each package so I can get away with using one or two stamps and still give a good sample.

My point is that I am here to beg for some more help with the newbies. I was still working off the initially supply of stamps from Raven's stash before I took over. I have been receiving cards from people to add to the stash, periodically. I could use some card maker variety (I try to send only one from any specific artist to each newbie) and a stamp or two. I am officially out of my newbie stamp supply desipite adding to it myself.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.
Re: newbie tracker
Reply to: #934433 by LROSEM
Sep 7, 2016 10:49am
Thread
Id be happy to send you some cards pm me your address please.
Sep 7, 2016 11:18am
Thread
I should have given you the rest of my stash at the retreat. I will send some.
Sep 7, 2016 1:49pm
Thread
I could send some stuff too.
Sep 7, 2016 3:00pm
Thread
Stamps as in postage?? I can send some..
Reply to: #934461 by The Vs
Sep 7, 2016 4:42pm
Thread
Yes. Stamps as in postage. I should have specified. I dont need a ton, but a couple extras would be a big help. :)
Sep 12, 2016 11:00am
Thread
I do not have a ton of cards but am happy to send over what I can. Can you send me over your snail mail address please.
craft supply santa
Nov 27, 2016 5:06am
Thread
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?trackerId=9215

There is still time to sign up for our secret craft supply santa. It is a secret santa with a $15 limit. The idea is to send someone a craft supply that you love. It can be somthing an LTC artist may not have discovered yet or something fun like fancy papers or finishes that an artist may not typically buy for themselves.

I do ask that I "know" you. Either you have to be someone I have traded with successfully a few times or come with good references (from someone I "know"). This is just so I am reasonable comfortable that participants aren't going to get stiffed.
Re: craft supply santa
Reply to: #938481 by LROSEM
Nov 27, 2016 5:23pm
Thread
Have you ever done this and then held a swap for trying out the new goodies? :)
Join us!
Jan 26, 2017 7:31pm
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?trackerId=9207

This tracker has amazing participants, a send by date a few weeks off and 2 recent openings! Come join us!
Slots open
Feb 3, 2017 10:55am
Mr and Mrs Caveman will soon be celebrating their 37th anniversary and we want to present them with a set of caveman ltc's. Plenty of time

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?trackerId=9300
openings available
Feb 3, 2017 1:20pm
Re: Join us at a Ladies Crafting Retreat!
Reply to: #941847 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Feb 14, 2017 2:48pm
Thread
Last years event included, how to transfer using wintergreen, how to use geli plates to create backgrounds for LTCs, Introduction to watercoloring, how to embellish cards using die cuts, how to create your own trail books using real books, how to create slider cards, How to do block printing - how to use copic markers and/or TH crayons ... and many others things that I cant remember just now! It was really educational and we really had a good time laughing and sharing our passion for creating LTCs!
Reply to: #941875 by twofreetimers
Feb 14, 2017 3:07pm
Thread
I still use all the techniques I learned! We'll be discussing what demos we want this year, but pop-up demos and collaborations will happen throughout!
Reply to: #941876 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Feb 14, 2017 8:41pm
Thread
And hey! Don't forget the shaving cream and food coloring!! And how we all got to create a card with another person's stamp....it was amazing to see all the different ideas & techniques that people came up with! So much sharing, learning, experimenting, and in the company of such kind and supportive friends- come on and join the fun!!
3 openings remain
Mar 7, 2017 1:31pm
There's still time and room for three more
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?trackerId=9300
LTC Tracker Space available
Feb 28, 2018 11:16am
For any of you last-minute types, I had someone drop from the Pooh by Ernest Sheppard tracker. Interested? It does not require fancy backgrounds or coloring, since it is about plain sketches. I know, it's late in the "game", but the examples that have arrived are quite lovely, and you might possibly want to join.