A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Scooters Mom Posts

Re: Cyberlocker
Board: Computers, iPods, and Other Electronics
Reply to: #815572 by Green Jeans
Nov 13, 2013 4:06pm
Thread Board
There is a ransom ware virus going around that a couple people I know have gotten on their computers.

There was a TV news report tonight about CryptoLocker. It locks your files and it forces you to pay a ransom in order to get them back.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/new-computer-virus-holds-encrypted-files-ransom/nbrWt/
Re: Quotes
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #815719 by Photo Dabble
Nov 14, 2013 11:18am
Thread Board
from The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Re: AQ secret santa?
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #815972 by peepstone
Nov 16, 2013 8:17am
Thread Board
This was posted on the Stamp Carving and Mounting board a few days ago.

Secret Santa Swap - Sign-up still open
Re: Reinstate "Attempted" or redefine "N/A"
Board: Dead Horses, Lemurs, and Kittens!
Reply to: #818054 by Green Tortuga
Dec 1, 2013 9:18am
Thread Board
I can't even reply to this. =)

{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}

N/A (not applicable) is there if you want to leave a comment without logging a find or an attempt.

Attempt was changed to (might be) Missing: To clarify, you believe you looked in the correct location but did not find the letterbox because some people were logging attempts when they didn't even get to the location for some reason.
Re: F count
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #818487 by DeeCee
Dec 4, 2013 5:02am
Thread Board
drop six boxes

Message 118304 probably explains it.
The Sing-off
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Dec 9, 2013 6:55pm
Thread Board
Is anyone else watching The Sing-off tonight?
Re: The Sing-off
Reply to: #819313 by Only Dreaming
Dec 10, 2013 6:49am
Thread Board
My favorites last night were Vocal Rush, Home Free, and Streetcorner Renaissance.

If you missed last season, here's last year's winner, Pentatonix:

Pentatonix ~ ALL "Sing-Off" Performance Part 1/3

Pentatonix ~ ALL "Sing-Off" Performance Part 2/3

Pentatonix ~ ALL "Sing-Off" Performance Part 3/3

And my favorite from last year:

Sing Off 3 7 Dartmouth Aires - Queen Medley
Re: Every year I do this, so this should not come as a surprise
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #819304 by Captain Slick Kitty
Dec 10, 2013 7:01am
Thread Board
Every year I promote this movie in memory of my grandfather.

What a nice way to remember your grandfather. I remember watching a TV series based on I Remember Mama. It was on from 1949 to 1957.

Each episode started with the opening narration:

"This old album makes me remember so many things in the past. San Francisco and the house on Steiner Street where I was born. It brings back memories of my cousins, aunts, and uncles; all the boys and girls I grew up with. And I remember my family as we were then. My brother Nels, my little sister Dagmar, and of course, Papa. But most of all when I look back to those days so long ago, most of all, I remember ... Mama."
Re: New Member Egg?
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #819605 by Okie Dog
Dec 12, 2013 8:04am
Thread Board
How long does the egg normally stay up for new members?

I clicked on people to get to the list of new members. Then I clicked on the egg and got the following info:

This image of an egg about to hatch indicates that the user is new to Atlas Quest and will appear for the first two weeks from the time they signed up.

An egg wearing sunglasses (for lack of a better image!) means that member has updated their profile within the last seven days. It may be nothing more exciting than adding a favorite food to the profile, or it may be they have filled out their interview!
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Board: Cool Site of the Day
Dec 30, 2013 5:19am
Thread Board
The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain play a classic from the 60's. It all starts at about the 1:15 mark. Turn it up nice and loud and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=pLgJ7pk0X-s
Re: 2014 Letterboxing Goals
Reply to: #822156 by Green Tortuga
Dec 30, 2013 12:41pm
Thread Board
I wonder if I implemented a feature like that how well it would match up with blue diamonds

You can only mark one favorite for every 10 geocaches found. The favorites accumulated by a geocache are displayed in search results and on the geocache page.
Re: Publishing on AQ.....?
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #822296 by Sunia
Dec 31, 2013 8:23am
Thread Board
To create an album go to Toolbox, then Photo Gallery, and click on Create Album. From your logbook, use the Action dropdown to get to Photo Albums.
Re: Downton Abbey
Reply to: #823458 by Trekkie Gal
Jan 5, 2014 8:56am
Thread Board
Check your DRV if you record it. Even though I had mine set to record new episodes it wasn't showing in tonight's list. It is now.
Re: Georgia's 10,892
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #823482 by artboy
Jan 5, 2014 11:04am
Thread Board
By using the admin pw nobody needs to put in any private info or "register",

I wasn't asked to register, but just added my location.

Like you said, a a cool little activity for these cold days. I clicked on View to get a list of who has posted. Four so far.
Re: Bold print
Reply to: #825113 by TallDave and ThimbeLinda
Jan 13, 2014 2:23pm
Thread Board
First go to Miscellaneous in your Preferences. Select which Markup Preference you want to use. Then click on the Help section for the one you picked. If you are using Wiki Markup you put ** before and after the part you want to be bold.
100 YEARS / STYLE / EAST LONDON
Jan 13, 2014 2:55pm
Thread Board
100 years of East London style in 100 seconds. Sept 13th 1911 - Sept 13th 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JxfgId3XTs
Re: I've become a Netflix addict!
Reply to: #825383 by Nekussa
Jan 15, 2014 6:06am
Thread Board
"Sherlock" is absolutely fantastic!

Season Three starts on PBS on Jan 19!

Sherlock Season 3
Re: Carving
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #827866 by Seeker
Jan 27, 2014 2:58pm
Thread Board
It's Snowing in Rome
Jan 28, 2014 8:47am
Thread Board
I just checked on the Berry College Eagle nest in Rome and it's snowing! Mama (or Papa) is sitting on two eggs.

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/
Re: It's Snowing in Rome
Reply to: #828055 by scouttrekkie
Jan 28, 2014 11:45am
Thread Board
Wonder when their babies will hatch?

The first egg was laid on Jan 14 and the second on Jan 17. The eggs usually hatch around 35 days later, so probably Feb 18. That's when the nest gets busy, with lots of feedings, learning to fly in April, and finally leaving the nest for good sometime in May. I used to follow the Decorah, IA eagles.

I've been checking on them several times a day since before the first egg was laid and we made the trip to Rome last Monday to see the nest in person. It was a beautiful day and there were several people in the parking lot, some with very large cameras. We picked up a few boxes on our way there, and then left one as we were leaving.
Re: It's Snowing in Rome
Reply to: #828060 by Scooters Mom
Jan 29, 2014 6:18am
Thread Board
Here's a YouTube video that compresses yesterday into 5:19 minutes. It shows mom and dad getting ready to change places at 3 minutes into the video. At a little over 4 minutes there's a quick peek at the two eggs.

Snow Covered Mom Shakes It Off
Re: Map Checked key
Reply to: #828212 by paper trail
Jan 29, 2014 6:28am
Thread Board
Am I neglecting a step?

I just checked three boxes on a search and when I clicked "Map Checked" a map showed up with the three checked boxes locations marked. If I click on Map Results, I get all boxes in the search.
Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial -- "Puppy Love"
Jan 29, 2014 12:05pm
Thread Board
Re: Need a trail name!
Board: New Members' Board
Reply to: #829070 by Mrs. Rubber Ducky
Feb 3, 2014 5:33am
Thread Board
Baby Thor is a big brother!

Sons of Odin

Since Thor is a son of Odin, maybe another son could provide baby brother's trail name. Congratulations!
Unauthorized to View Page
Feb 5, 2014 7:17am
Thread Board
After reading the clue to a new box and customizing the location I clicked on Nearby Boxes. Then I wondered when we were last there so I unclicked Hide My Finds and clicked on one of my found boxes, Pine Mountain. I got the following message:

Unauthorized

You are unauthorized to view that page. The FBI have been notified and will be calling shortly. (Just kidding about the FBI, but you are unauthorized to view that page.)

The most common reason for this error is that you are trying to view a restricted page. Maybe the page is just for administrators, or maybe it's just for premium members. Maybe you are trying to view a letterbox or tracker that has restrictions on it. Whatever the reason, though, this is not a page you are authorized to view.

All the other boxes we'd found were available to view and we were there in 2006 and 2011. We found Pine Mountain in 2006. What could make that page unauthorized 8 years after finding the box? When I did a letterbox search for "Pine Mountain" it did show up but I got the same Unauthorized message when I clicked on it.
Re: Box of the Month 2014: Atlanta's Big Chick (February)
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #830348 by DeeCee
Feb 11, 2014 7:29am
Thread Board
When we first moved to Atlanta about 25 years ago we decided to take the kids to White Water. After getting lost we stopped for directions and were told to keep going until we saw "the big chicken". You can't miss the Big Chicken.
Re: Reserved Boxes?
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Reply to: #833254 by The Lost Boys
Mar 1, 2014 11:58am
Thread Board
Go to your Logbook, Action: Plants, Type: Reserved.
Re: Background
Reply to: #834518 by Sunia
Mar 9, 2014 7:31am
Thread Board
On my Galaxy Note 2 the background was navy when I tried to read the first post but when I clicked the refresh button it went back to white.
Re: Formatting problems....
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #834616 by artboy
Mar 9, 2014 6:21pm
Thread Board
I am having a problem adding more than one "Attribute" in a listing of a box I just planted.

I was able to list three attributes but couldn't add compass, dog friendly, or bike friendly. I'm using Firefox.
Re: Carving and Such
Reply to: #835615 by Gypsy Fiddler
Mar 15, 2014 2:42pm
Thread Board
I'll check old message posts and the tutorials about that.

In February Ryan added a tutorial on the Parchment Paper Transfer method.

http://www.atlasquest.com/tutorials/carving/transfer/parchment-paper/

I use baking parchment paper found on the same isle as plastic wrap, waxed paper, etc.