A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read dingus dufus Posts

Re: Clean up & retire missing boxes!
Board: Letterboxing.org Chatter
Reply to: #974523 by Trailhead Tessie
Apr 24, 2019 11:39pm
Thread Board
I maintain the boxes I find, not the ones I plant.

Best answer to this issue ever!
Reply to: #974565 by Early Risers
Apr 25, 2019 11:32am
Thread Board
when we retire a box

I remove it from the website(s)

In the past at least, and you've been around longer & might have a better answer, but I understood that if you remove the box entirely rather than just list it as retired, the find disappears from every letterboxer's find logbook who took the time to go look for it. Hopefully that is no longer the case on AQ.
Reply to: #974566 by dingus dufus
Apr 25, 2019 11:39am
Thread Board
From the "Delete Box" page on AQ:

Nobody will be able to record a find on your box after the fact.
Even if you relist the letterbox, the people who have recorded finds on it will not show as finders on the new listing.
All comments others have left on your box will be permanently deleted.

So it looks like finds before deletions are still in finder's logbooks. I think this is a (good) change from the past.

So now I say hey. it's your box . . . .
Reply to: #974560 by Grapenuts
Apr 25, 2019 11:52am
Thread Board
But then you have to trust the reliability of the person who marks your box as "missing".

I weigh the searcher's report of where they went and what they did. Then I'll mark it unavailable until I check it myself or another reliable boxer gets there first.

But I was referring to the maintenance portion (broken boxes, logbook etc) of kind boxers.
Re: Plant Date for Reserved Boxes
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #975314 by Green Tortuga
May 19, 2019 9:20pm
Thread Board
Any "creation date" (I know what you are referring to, just sounds like a newish term) that falls outside the PAL "window" precludes a box from PAL consideration? I'm not a PAL fan, just would like a clarification since I'm not seeing an issue reserving an idea to work on over a period of time in hopes of creating a quality product and then executing the actual box during the PAL parameters. I can't imagine the conception to fruition for a legitimate PAL box has to be within that short time frame.

-confused in Chelmsford

PS How about a PyFB (plant you finest box) day once a year.

PPS If this line of questioning is silly, please refer to our trail name.
Reserve Box Date
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
May 28, 2019 10:36am
Thread Board
Has the Reserve Box date "adjustment" been removed? I've used it in the past to move some of my 297 reserved ideas up that are currently being worked on.
Re: Need help IDing stamp that was in the wrong box
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #975952 by Rocklun
Jun 6, 2019 11:20am
Thread Board
I tried a few different spellings of Hercules (Heracles, Herakles) using the "record a find" (best way to hunt down boxes)

and an unlisted series Labors Of Herakles popped up including:
Labors Of Herakles: Nemean Lion. That stamp smells of older LbNA stuff but so far no hits there. Plenty of ALT sites back in the day to check as well.
Re: Do you remember when...?
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #977288 by The Wolf Family
Jul 15, 2019 6:06am
Thread Board
if someone wants to learn stamp carving there, I will have that skill to share as well.

Think you can you teach anyone to carve?

;)
Mim PD!
Board: State: Massachusetts
Jul 28, 2019 11:24am
Thread Board
Congrats to Mim for a PD on her Thanksgiving Forest series! Awesome carves on a nice walk through a beautiful property!
Re: Email scam used my old LBNA password
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Reply to: #978566 by MissMoon
Aug 19, 2019 11:19am
Thread Board
I want my $10 million from that minister in Nigeria!

Too late! I've already paid the taxes due on the frozen assets so the money can be released. A tidy sum should be in my bank account very soon!

Best retirement plan ever!
Re: Code of conduct
Reply to: #979286 by Mizscarlet
Sep 9, 2019 7:07am
Thread Board
Maybe we need a check box on the Code of Conduct page that new boxers need to click on to acknowledge they reviewed the rules before they can create a trail name.

I know folks seldom if ever read the lengthy Apple disclaimers, so perhaps we can sneak in "Drawn & Quartered" as punishment for revealing images on social media.
Re: Code of conduct & Brownie Scouts
Reply to: #979345 by Grrly Girl
Sep 10, 2019 10:12am
Thread Board
Now they just need to find someone to plant the letterbox for them!