Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read dingus dufus Posts

by dingus dufusProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Games People Play
Whew! Just when I was gettin' worried my kids weren't on their smart phones enough.
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Same for phone calls. They can sound so good. But those guys from the "Windows Technical Departments" seem so nice
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
For all this, the stamp did come out pretty well Kirbert, I bet you could manage a great image on a square of Jello
Board: CCCP Home
Mostly a presentation piece but there is little more to it than it appears http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?boxId=269461
When I rehid the box and stood up, a light bulb went off as I looked at our surroundings. The "bonus box" we just found was the box we had found only 15 minutes earlier. D'oh!! “Your Honor, let the record show that the witness made the drinky-drinky mo...
Board: Suggestion Box
Has there been any thought of automatically putting messages started into a draft file if they are not completed for one reason or another? I was involved in a lengthy AQ mail today and got distracted and pushed the wrong key Yes! Please reference our...
There are more options other than just L&L's vs. pouches, y'know. Are we talking Skippy or Jiff?
I don't think they do need a baggie and I often leave them out. Going commando!
Board: Yakking It Up
it has become one of my top 2 pet peeves. When did people forget that "then" doesn't mean the same thing as "than"? Deer Topcollector! Owe, aye no its knot Fare! Sew watt will yew dew? Hay, if aloud, aisle whey inn. Wear on you're sighed and where h...
Board: Yakking It Up
Oh I hope not
You could rework the clue so the stamp just had to be like that.
Lemonade!
I don't know, unless the logbook is a key piece to the theme of each box of a series, I'm not really thinking "awesome, another logbook to stamp into. Two down and fourteen to go!". I do respect the rights and wishes of the planter to want a trail st...
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Ten years plus BotW this week! Congrats on both achievements!!!!!!!!
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Look at the problem from a different frame of reference, and all the sudden it doesn't seem so "incredibly stupid". Hopefully these words will help others with other problems. We'll see. We'll see!
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
So I can't even determine if this interloping box's clues would show that it was meant to be hidden in our spot, or if it was originally elsewhere. Egypt on the Ipswich. It actually looks like Boston B's series predates your plant by several months, it...
You might not have seen the series listed as there are restrictions on it. Perhaps you have not met the "plants" minimum for the series. I reviewed the Egypt clues and they reference your box BONUS - WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE by Essex Explorers i...
Board: State: Connecticut
I actually am one who believes if the owners are not active, the series should be retired. I understand that this particular series builds a skeleton, however, why would the whole series require retirement if there are 6 other viable letterboxes to be...
Perhaps you stumbled on the secret real reason for VA replacing so many guardrails - the weight of so many letterboxes and geocaches warped the old guardrails. But I'm pretty sure they're not dusting for fingerprints or staking out the guardrails.
1) Ceasar shift, Atbash, Cryptogram. 2) got to love Bacon Cipher. You can literally make anything say anything without even looking like there is anything there!
Yup, a little paraphrasing by me. I love the Knowledge is Powe assembly photo that didn't have enough people to form the "R" at the end.
Bacon is fun to use I shot the sheriff from here?
I went ahead and changed the status of the two boxes to retired so they won't continue to show up in searches. Sometimes finding the clues is part of the mystery, though probably not in this case.
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Hey, I hid a box under a corner of a 10-ton boulder -- and the boulder disappeared! I also hid a box near an old steam locomotive that had been on static display forever, there were no RR tracks within miles any more, and the steam locomotive disappea...
Board: Mysterious Capers and Sneaky Stuff
. . . . to see if Julenissen left a little gift
It is still a mystery to me as to how you find a mystery box. Are having trouble with solving the clues, finding the clues, or finding the box itself? Going to your home state letterbox page I see only two mystery boxes listed on AQ and a couple of ad...
I dunno. There was that one time McDonalds ran their Letterboxing promotion a few years back. But McDonald's Geocaching promo was a much larger success judging by all the Happy Meal trinkets found in my geotrashed letterboxes.
Here are Eevil boxes not found. The Eevil Widget says that there are 8 left, but when I run the query it only shows 7. Perhaps I don't qualify to see one of them. Nevertheless, these are ones that no letterboxer (except Eevil and his minions) has yet...
Once, my daughter and I poured some Mountain Dew in the snow nearby to give a plausible reason for someone going off-trail. :^) Hmmm, based on hiking behind you, I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you forgot to also mention that you drop a Baby Ruth ca...
Hmmm, based on hiking behind you, I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you forgot to also mention that you drop a Baby Ruth candy bar while you were at it for good measure! Hey, I'll do whatever it takes to protect a box from muggles! ;^) It's a letterbo...