Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read dingus dufus Posts

by dingus dufusProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
... ;) But it's nice to know that some boxers out there really give a sheet!
... I think we're following clues to hunt down letterboxes. If you can ink up a stamp from within the letterbox at the end of the clues, you should be good for a find for the letterbox. Pressing the image into your logbook and your trail stamp into t...
... Funny yet a great idea! Adding these icons in with Drive-by, Dog Friendly, Hand-Carved, etc. would be a good way of allowing letterboxers to make a decision if a box is right for them.
... Though you have helped yonder camping Girl Scouts to earn their Foul Language merit badges ;)
Not to speak for Kirbert, but I believe he also fits the plastic peanut butter jars with a homemade gasket to make them completely watertight. The few jars that I've found without a gasket have been damp or worse.
... I think after adding up the man/women hours, it'll be third world wages - though for a feather in the cap of the first order. Hopefully folks will someday have that Carter's reply to Carnarvon moment! (P.S. I am doing the lightest lifting in our...
You have lots of cool clue sets! On this one, the planter could legitimately log it as a find after the right cocktail ;) Keep the Owl in play!
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Got there too late for that one a couple of weeks ago :(
Board: Letterboxing.org Chatter
Personally, I'd go with the Jamaica VT clue on LbNA since he has logged on there August 2015 and responded to a find on the box. He hasn't logged on to AQ since 2009.
... I spent a few winters reading every post (and there are a lot) of the first 4-5 years to try and capture the feeling of the early days of boxing and understand and appreciate the development of North American boxing (and not talk out my rear end ab...
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
... Don't know how Alaskans do their slackboxing, but around here we'd be following you! ;) See ya on the trails! Campsite 301
... It's always difficult to legislate out "stupid"! By making everything "fool proof", the herd doesn't cull itself enough via Darwin Awards as nature intended. We'll all be drinking Brawndo soon.
Board: Suggestion Box
... I've experienced a PA Drink & Ink & Drink event where slack boxing turned into slosh boxing.
Board: Games People Play
Whew! Just when I was gettin' worried my kids weren't on their smart phones enough.
... But those guys from the "Windows Technical Departments" seem so nice
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
... Kirbert, I bet you could manage a great image on a square of Jello
Board: CCCP Home
Mostly a presentation piece but there is little more to it than it appears http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?boxId=269461
... “Your Honor, let the record show that the witness made the drinky-drinky motion"
Board: Suggestion Box
... Yes! Please reference our trail name.
... Are we talking Skippy or Jiff?
... Going commando!
Board: Yakking It Up
... ... Deer Topcollector! Owe, aye no its knot Fare! Sew watt will yew dew? Hay, if aloud, aisle whey inn. Wear on you're sighed and where hear to prays yew, knot two berry ewe. Eye scents yew sea their is a reel laps inn sum currant righting stile...
Board: Yakking It Up
Oh I hope not
You could rework the clue so the stamp just had to be like that.
Lemonade!
I don't know, unless the logbook is a key piece to the theme of each box of a series, I'm not really thinking "awesome, another logbook to stamp into. Two down and fourteen to go!". I do respect the rights and wishes of the planter to want a trail st...
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Ten years plus BotW this week! Congrats on both achievements!!!!!!!!
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
... We'll see!
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
... Egypt on the Ipswich. It actually looks like Boston B's series predates your plant by several months, it was an honest mistake . . . .by you (March '09 vs July '09) You both have a good eye for locations it seems. If they're hidden well these t...
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
You might not have seen the series listed as there are restrictions on it. Perhaps you have not met the "plants" minimum for the series. I reviewed the Egypt clues and they reference your box ... They have not logged in for a while but they seem...