May 18, 2019 7:32pm
Thread Board
Thank you!
Re: To search or not?
Board: State: Alaska
Reply to: #975293 by Puddledunk
May 18, 2019 8:46pm
Thread Board
Puddledunk -- I'll be in Skagway at the end of June, I'm happy to check it out for you!! :)
Re: Plant Date for Reserved Boxes
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #975292 by Green Tortuga
May 19, 2019 5:21am
Thread Board
Does this mean a box name I reserved back in Nov 2018 will now count for the PAL day total if I plant it now and activate it on May 24th?
Re: LBNA down
Board: Letterboxing.org Chatter
Reply to: #975154 by Sagacorn
May 19, 2019 7:28am
Thread Board
Here we go again. Won't load in Chrome or Safari.

"waiting for letterboxing.org........"
Reply to: #975305 by cooledcoyote
May 19, 2019 8:12am
Thread Board
Does this mean a box name I reserved back in Nov 2018 will now count for the PAL day total if I plant it now and activate it on May 24th?

No. The Rules and Regulations state that the reserved box can't be listed until May 17th.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #975307 by Green Tortuga
May 19, 2019 8:26am
Thread Board
I would like to suggest that the Plant Date for Reserved box names should be when the box is made active rather than the date it is created in AQ.

Done!

So not done. Ok
Alas
Board: Yakking It Up
May 19, 2019 11:56am
Thread Board
....... Peter Mayhew died just last month. Chewie now resides with the Force.
Re: Tiny Snail
Reply to: #975300 by AdventurousAcorn
May 19, 2019 12:22pm
Thread Board
It looks like a land snail. They shed the shell at some point. I have a few of the shells.
Similar but Dissimilar Event
Board: State: Virginia
May 19, 2019 12:24pm
Thread Board
Fairy Stone State Park has a bunch of neat features, and the cabins were even air conditioned! Piggy kept us moving and hiking and clearly put a lot of work into making this a fun weekend of boxing for us. It was great to see so many old and new friends.

What clever themes there were for this event title. I really liked the night boxes because that particular topic is a peeve of mine. LOL.

Thank you for your efforts, Piggy Jaunt! Until the next time....

PS. Special thanks to our cabin mates, Super Hedge Hoggie, who got up this morning and made breakfast for the cabin. It was yummy, and you are appreciated!
Piggy Jaunt event at Fairystone Park
May 19, 2019 12:35pm
Thread Board
Job well done Piggy!!! Such an fun filled weekend and lots of stamps!!! The park was awesome and has a really nice campground!! Hanging out with our little group of boxers made the weekend perfect!!!
Reply to: #975308 by cooledcoyote
May 19, 2019 1:15pm
Thread Board
So not done. Ok

The plant date isn't the same as the "creation date." The plant date is set to whatever date you activate a reserved box and can be edited and changed by the owner. The creation date doesn't change. Ever.

So yes done. *nodding*

-- Ryan
Re: Piggy Jaunt event at Fairystone Park
Reply to: #975313 by Una Marlee Sue
May 19, 2019 1:54pm
Thread Board
Yes, what a great event and wonderful time of boxing! Thank you Piggy Jaunt for all of your hard work. I'm still fairly new and learned a lot and made several new friends. I hope there will be an encore next year.
Re: Similar but Dissimilar Event
Reply to: #975312 by RDHG
May 19, 2019 2:11pm
Thread Board
I strongly agree with everything RDHG said.
Fairy Stone State Park is quite awesome. I have been many times over the years and I learned something new this weekend. The man made lake was filled up over a small town. There once was mining and moonshine making going on in the area.

Then there is the Fairystones that you can go to and hunt them for free. We found a lot!!!!

Piggy Jaunt went above and beyond with her event there, it was so much fun.
Wagon Mound box in need of new container
Board: State: New Mexico
May 19, 2019 4:07pm
Board
Can anyone in the northern N.M. area help out ol' Stormcrow? It seems my Wagon Mound box is in desperate need of a new container. Thks!

"Keep it hidden, keep it safe!" sc
Reply to: #975306 by MissMoon
May 19, 2019 5:03pm
Thread Board
Up again. It's like a yo-yo.
Re: Piggy Jaunt event at Fairystone Park
Reply to: #975313 by Una Marlee Sue
May 19, 2019 6:23pm
Thread Board
Glad it was a great time. I really wish we could have made it down.
Re: Alas
Reply to: #975310 by Boxer Lover47
May 19, 2019 8:55pm
Thread Board
He's with Princess Lea in a galaxy far far away.
Reply to: #975314 by Green Tortuga
May 19, 2019 9:20pm
Thread Board
Any "creation date" (I know what you are referring to, just sounds like a newish term) that falls outside the PAL "window" precludes a box from PAL consideration? I'm not a PAL fan, just would like a clarification since I'm not seeing an issue reserving an idea to work on over a period of time in hopes of creating a quality product and then executing the actual box during the PAL parameters. I can't imagine the conception to fruition for a legitimate PAL box has to be within that short time frame.

-confused in Chelmsford

PS How about a PyFB (plant you finest box) day once a year.

PPS If this line of questioning is silly, please refer to our trail name.
Reply to: #975323 by dingus dufus
May 19, 2019 10:26pm
Thread Board
Any "creation date" that falls outside the PAL "window" precludes a box from PAL consideration?

Yes.

I'm not seeing an issue reserving an idea to work on over a period of time in hopes of creating a quality product and then executing the actual box during the PAL parameters.

I don't see an issue with that either--but it won't count as a PAL Day box because there were issues in the past with people who planted several dozen boxes over a period of months then activated all the boxes at once on PAL Day... which kind of defeats the whole purpose of PAL Day. So I stopped counting those, and the easiest way for me to identify boxes that were really planted long before PAL Day was the creation date.

If it knocks a few of the legitimate plants out from being counted.... Well, I made the rules clear. And if it's just a "placeholder" with a name, it's not hard for someone to delete the reserved listing and just create a fresh one.

But basically, it's a legacy from people abusing the system in years past. In fact, several of the rules were created due to past abuses.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #975319 by MissMoon
May 20, 2019 6:09am
Thread Board
Choi hasn't logged in to AQ since last October, so I'm thinking that folks should contact him on LbNA or FB.
HAPPY CAKE DAY PAPERTRAIL
May 20, 2019 6:10am
Thread Board
A heartily fine hurrah to one of my favorite people, my very first letterboxing crush. I saw those stamps and knew I needed more. How great it was to finally meet you and I'm glad I can count you among my friends :)
Re: Alas
Reply to: #975322 by shutterbug2012
May 20, 2019 8:03am
Thread Board
He's with Princess Lea in a galaxy far far away.

Don't tell that to her husband!

-- Ryan
Re: Similar but Dissimilar Event
Reply to: #975312 by RDHG
May 20, 2019 9:19am
Thread Board
It was a wonderful weekend! The park was great and so was the "hostess with the mostess"! Can't wait for another Piggy event!
Re: HAPPY CAKE DAY PAPERTRAIL
Reply to: #975326 by PiggyJaunt
May 20, 2019 9:24am
Thread Board
I agree! Happy AQversary!!
May 20, 2019 10:02am
Thread Board
Happy day and much appreciation from the MA branch of your fan club!
Reply to: #975325 by Rocklun
May 20, 2019 10:30am
Thread Board
Choi hasn't logged in to AQ since last October, so I'm thinking that folks should contact him on LbNA or FB.

I know it's been since October.

He has been contacted with no response. People have posted on the facebook page with no response, messaged him with no response.

I have also contacted him about adopting an LBNA box that had no link to adopt but was very old with planter no longer active. No response.
Reply to: #975331 by MissMoon
May 20, 2019 10:42am
Thread Board
I recently emailed Choi in the past month and received a response regarding old letterboxes to archive and he was very responsive. I can only imagine that he is dealing with something more pressing than letterboxing. While it may be discouraging, be thankful we have other outlets at this time.
May 20, 2019 11:21am
Thread Board
Happy AQversary!! May your trail be clear and your boxes many!
Reply to: #975333 by Only Dreaming
May 20, 2019 11:50am
Thread Board
Hope you enjoy your boxing day.