Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Fitbit Data No Longer Syncing
Board: Walking4Fun
May 17, 2019 6:01am
Thread Board
I'm sort of frustrated that my steps from Fitbit are no longer syncing to W4F. The last time they synced was on May 10th.

I've tried forcing it using "fb" in the steps field. And I've tried to again start from scratch by going to settings and beginning the Fitbit process all over. Nothing seems to be working.

I'm wondering if I need to delete programs and reopen them or if there is something else I can do to get my steps recorded on W4F other than manually recording them (which I can easily do but I did get spoiled).
Re: Fitbit Data No Longer Syncing
Reply to: #975280 by BBStacker
May 17, 2019 7:14am
Thread Board
I'm sort of frustrated that my steps from Fitbit are no longer syncing to W4F.

Everything looks fine on W4F. Best I can figure.... you haven't actually synced your Fitbit for the past week. If Fitbit (the company, not the device) doesn't know about your steps, it can't tell W4F about them.

You can log into your Fitbit account and double-check that, but I'll bet that's the problem.

I'm not sure how you normally sync your Fitbit or what has changed for that not to happen automatically anymore, but once you get that working, it should all work fine again.

Once you do sync your Fitibit, it might take an hour or two for W4F to catch up with your week's worth of steps, but it'll catch up eventually!

-- Ryan
PAL Day 2019: One week to go.
Board: Letterbox Chatter
May 17, 2019 9:07am
Thread Board
Information here: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4176

Here's 2018 results: 1. Illinois 20
2. Maine 19
3. Oregon 15
4. Rhode Island 12
5. Vermont 7
6. Indiana 7
7. Georgia 5
8. Pennsylvania 5
9. Wyoming 5
10. New York 5
11. Connecticut 5
12. Virginia 4
13. New Mexico 3
14. Wisconsin 3
15. Colorado 2
16. California 2
17. Florida 2
18. North Carolina 2
19. Iowa 2
20. Puerto Rico 1
21. Texas 1
22. Washington 1
23. Arizona 1
24. West Virginia 1
25. Southern Finland 1
26. Michigan 1
27. Tennessee 1
Re: PAL Day 2019: One week to go.
Reply to: #975282 by Wronghat
May 17, 2019 1:28pm
Thread Board
I guess we're a bunch of outliers (2018: California 2) and just prefer to plant when we feel like it. I planted a series (4) earlier this month, and others in my area also planted.

J (having a deadline is too much like having to work) (>.<)
Reply to: #975282 by Wronghat
May 17, 2019 1:30pm
Thread Board
I see that Eevil has signed up...
Reply to: #975283 by JampersandJ
May 17, 2019 1:40pm
Thread Board
J (having a deadline is too much like having to work) (>.<)

I see it as an excuse to get to plant. Yippee!!
Reply to: #975284 by Angel and Demon
May 17, 2019 1:43pm
Thread Board
Eevil is one of the usual suspects for PAL Day-- doesn't have to, but does anyway--like the Finlanders, Finlandese, Finlandishers.
Re: To search or not?
Board: State: Alaska
Reply to: #973275 by Alaska hsm
May 17, 2019 5:39pm
Thread Board
Ahoy Girl! Retirement in the works. i'm sure your boxes are still there. They were very well done. E has done a great job of combing thru the state. i relied on him to do my maintenance. Thanx E! Alaska letterboxers cover the biggest state with the least amount of boxers.

deniserows
in Kodiak
Reply to: #975284 by Angel and Demon
May 17, 2019 6:06pm
Thread Board
I see that Eevil has signed up...

Eevil's websites are still down. How are the clues to be listed?
Plant Date for Reserved Boxes
Board: Suggestion Box
May 17, 2019 6:14pm
Thread Board
I would like to suggest that the Plant Date for Reserved box names should be when the box is made active rather than the date it is created in AQ. I reserve my box names in advance of planting but when I plant it the date may show many months prior to when it actually is planted.

Maybe when clues get updated, the boxes can show in the New Letterbox thread (maybe starred or something noting the clues are new).
Reply to: #975288 by Oberon_Kenobi
May 17, 2019 6:28pm
Thread Board
Eevil has ways
Reply to: #975290 by Sheba
May 17, 2019 7:29pm
Thread Board
Eevil has ways

But if Eevil publishes a box with no clue and no listing, that would be pure Eevil.
Re: Plant Date for Reserved Boxes
Reply to: #975289 by Phoenix Rizing
May 17, 2019 7:29pm
Thread Board
I would like to suggest that the Plant Date for Reserved box names should be when the box is made active rather than the date it is created in AQ.

Done!

Maybe when clues get updated, the boxes can show in the New Letterbox thread

That list is about new letterboxes, not new clues. People who want to know when a clue is changed can put a watch on the box.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #973212 by Honeychyck
May 17, 2019 8:38pm
Thread Board
I have an easy find in Skagway that I would love to know is still alive or not. "You Are Here-Skagway, Alaska".
Re: Fitbit Data No Longer Syncing
Reply to: #975281 by Green Tortuga
May 18, 2019 4:37am
Thread Board
I'm not sure how you normally sync your Fitbit or what has changed for that not to happen automatically anymore, but once you get that working, it should all work fine again.

I don't know what changed either but you were absolutely correct.

My device was keeping track of my steps, my app was not. Turns out I had to force that to sync with my device. All is good now.

It's good to have someone knowledgeable of all this electronic wizardry point me in the right direction when something goes awry.

Thanks!
Design Your Own....
Board: Postals
May 18, 2019 9:31am
Board
There are still a few spots open in my Micro postal, called Design Your Own Postage. I am hoping more of you will join to keep the fun going during the summer. This one starts June 1st.
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10224
Re: Matanuska Glacier
Reply to: #974367 by Honeychyck
May 18, 2019 10:09am
Thread Board
The best way is definitely with a tour guide, especially if you're not from here.

Other note: Saying natives in Alaska refers to our indigenous people, Alaska Natives, a common mistake tourists and outsiders make. So if you want to say someone who lives in Alaska, you would say either "a local" or "Alaskan". :) Just a heads up. It was very confusing when someone asked me "Are you a native of Alaska?" the answer was "No." and they said "Where are you from?" and I said "Alaska." The conversation ended up being very confusing until I worked that out. LOL Have a good time!

Also, if you want to get together during the week, after work usually works for us. :)
Reply to: #975287 by deniserows
May 18, 2019 10:14am
Thread Board
Dirt Monkey is headed to Kodiak for a few days next week. Any you need checked? I don't think I have any ready for planting out there, we're kinda filling up the island, but we're still here!
Trailfest Ogden
Board: State: Utah
May 18, 2019 10:21am
Board
Trailfest Ogden Saturday, June 22, 2019 at 8 AM – 2 PM

You get a passport and get it stamped at places along the Centennial Trail.
Tiny Snail
Board: Yakking It Up
May 18, 2019 3:35pm
Thread Board
Today, the Booberries and I were letterboxing, and we came across this tiny snail!

https://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.php?photoId=147028

I don't normally share photos, but I wanted to share the adorableness!!!
Re: Tiny Snail
Reply to: #975300 by AdventurousAcorn
May 18, 2019 4:13pm
Thread Board
Where is the [Awwww! Cute!] button?
Reply to: #975292 by Green Tortuga
May 18, 2019 7:32pm
Thread Board
Thank you!
Reply to: #975293 by Puddledunk
May 18, 2019 8:46pm
Thread Board
Puddledunk -- I'll be in Skagway at the end of June, I'm happy to check it out for you!! :)
Reply to: #975292 by Green Tortuga
May 19, 2019 5:21am
Thread Board
Does this mean a box name I reserved back in Nov 2018 will now count for the PAL day total if I plant it now and activate it on May 24th?
Re: LBNA down
Board: Letterboxing.org Chatter
Reply to: #975154 by Sagacorn
May 19, 2019 7:28am
Thread Board
Here we go again. Won't load in Chrome or Safari.

"waiting for letterboxing.org........"
Reply to: #975305 by cooledcoyote
May 19, 2019 8:12am
Thread Board
Does this mean a box name I reserved back in Nov 2018 will now count for the PAL day total if I plant it now and activate it on May 24th?

No. The Rules and Regulations state that the reserved box can't be listed until May 17th.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #975307 by Green Tortuga
May 19, 2019 8:26am
Thread Board
I would like to suggest that the Plant Date for Reserved box names should be when the box is made active rather than the date it is created in AQ.

Done!

So not done. Ok
Alas
May 19, 2019 11:56am
Thread Board
....... Peter Mayhew died just last month. Chewie now resides with the Force.
Re: Tiny Snail
Reply to: #975300 by AdventurousAcorn
May 19, 2019 12:22pm
Thread Board
It looks like a land snail. They shed the shell at some point. I have a few of the shells.
Similar but Dissimilar Event
Board: State: Virginia
May 19, 2019 12:24pm
Thread Board
Fairy Stone State Park has a bunch of neat features, and the cabins were even air conditioned! Piggy kept us moving and hiking and clearly put a lot of work into making this a fun weekend of boxing for us. It was great to see so many old and new friends.

What clever themes there were for this event title. I really liked the night boxes because that particular topic is a peeve of mine. LOL.

Thank you for your efforts, Piggy Jaunt! Until the next time....

PS. Special thanks to our cabin mates, Super Hedge Hoggie, who got up this morning and made breakfast for the cabin. It was yummy, and you are appreciated!