A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Mystery Postal #OK2019A
Board: Postals
Reply to: #971315 by Oberon_Kenobi
Feb 12, 2019 4:13am
Thread Board
There are 11 (including me) in the tracker.
There is room for at least two more in the tracker.

Clue 13: Film
5 minute video
Board: Yakking It Up
Feb 12, 2019 4:16am
Thread Board
at 2:17 you can see Amanda and Ryan
at 3:59 Wassa is setting up his next prank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkmg3Y64_s
Re: Atlanta Area Letterbox recommendations
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #971289 by Road Junkies
Feb 12, 2019 4:27am
Thread Board
Thank you so much!!
Reply to: #971285 by Quarry
Feb 12, 2019 4:35am
Thread Board
Thank you thank you thank you!!

I’m so grateful for your kindness in taking the time to advise and guide me in and around the greater Atlanta area.

And for offering to hike with me.
Trying to figure out my divide and conquer plan... I printed out a bunch of clues yesterday and next is to sort and see how to figure out which areas what days... unsure of the plan at this point but a very sweet offer that is much appreciated. If I’m in the zone for a boxing buddy, I’ll let you know 😉

Happy Boxing

Eric (chill E)
Re: 5 minute video
Reply to: #971361 by Grrly Girl
Feb 12, 2019 4:40am
Thread Board
at 2:17 you can see Amanda and Ryan

Not 3:55?
Tips, Tricks, and Techniques at Lake of the Woods
Board: State: Illinois
Feb 12, 2019 5:03am
Board
March 9th at Lake of the Woods in Mahomet, IL we will hold the event: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques at Lake of the Woods. This event includes sessions on logbook making, pouch making, container preparation, cipher and code clue writing, safety on the trails, poisonous plant identification, LTC information, event boxes, traditional boxes, networking, and LUNCH! This is the same park where we will hold Homerdoodle in the Woods during the summer so it is your chance to get a preview of the park. Hope you can join us for the event, soup lunch & potluck, and fun!

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4064
Upcoming event in east central Illinois
Board: Region: Midwest
Feb 12, 2019 5:04am
Board
March 9th at Lake of the Woods in Mahomet, IL we will hold the event: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques at Lake of the Woods. This event includes sessions on logbook making, pouch making, container preparation, cipher and code clue writing, safety on the trails, poisonous plant identification, LTC information, event boxes, traditional boxes, networking, and LUNCH! This is the same park where we will hold Homerdoodle in the Woods during the summer so it is your chance to get a preview of the park. Hope you can join us for the event, soup lunch & potluck, and fun!

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4064
Re: Is anyone having this problem?
Reply to: #971349 by Oberon_Kenobi
Feb 12, 2019 5:13am
Thread Board
Maybe Staples, or one of the Office stores. I get different sized envelopes there sometimes. :^)
Reply to: #971364 by Oberon_Kenobi
Feb 12, 2019 5:19am
Thread Board
I consider that time line, but you can't actually see them (unless they're the ones on the outside looking in)
Re: Message Board appearance
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #971320 by Green Tortuga
Feb 12, 2019 5:43am
Thread Board
You are the best!
Please Pray for Hornicorn
Board: Prayer and Healing
Feb 12, 2019 5:57am
Thread Board
Theseekers1108 posted this on Facebook and would like folks here to know, as well.
Dear Friends, especially, LETTERBOXING FRIENDS ... Our friend, letterboxer Hornicorn, was in a bad car accident last week. She was struck by one vehicle and pushed into another. Miracle nobody was killed. Without gory details, nearly everything is broken from her shoulders to her toes. She had no head injuries thank Goodness. They have already reconstructed her shoulder and both of her legs. She will have several more procedures and then an extensive PT regimen. For now, she's in ICU at UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill. From there, she'll probably go to a regular room and then when they've done what they can for her, on to a Rehab Facility. We stopped by Saturday evening to visit her. She was, of course, in some pain, but all things considered, she was doing well and able to visit with us. It will be a long, hard road to recovery. Please keep her in your prayers.... and add her to prayer lists at your church. She's a very strong woman with a good, loving family, but we all know the POWER OF PRAYER will do wonders for her.

If you'd like to send her a card, contact theseekers1108 via a message and she can get you the address. THANK YOU! HUGS
Re: What did we miss ABCs?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #971357 by wassamatta u
Feb 12, 2019 7:12am
Thread Board
Since nobody else wants to do X... This is definitely something I have seen in our hobby:

Exactos exsanguinating exhausted experts.
Re: Is anyone having this problem?
Reply to: #971349 by Oberon_Kenobi
Feb 12, 2019 7:20am
Thread Board
We have a fair number in our immediate family and we give birthday cards to each other in person. I save the envelopes that haven't had the flaps completely glued down and are re-usable. Even if there's a name written on the front, that can be covered up with a label.
almost time!
Board: Sky's the Limit
Feb 12, 2019 7:31am
Board
The locations should be released this week and we'll be able to start planning challenge hikes. I hope a lot of them are on blue trails now that I'm trying to figure out the miles I've hiked on blue trails. If anyone wants to carve a stamp for me to plant I'm more than happy to plant it! A thank you shout out to KitKat for offering to manage the tracker again. I agree with the comments from last year about planting early so we can get a jump on it before the high heat of summer. Maybe an April 15th plant by date? March 30?
Reply to: #971368 by Grrly Girl
Feb 12, 2019 7:40am
Thread Board
Very funny but I'm sure Amanda and Ryan don't think so. Is Wassa the lumberjack?
Reply to: #971371 by wassamatta u
Feb 12, 2019 8:16am
Thread Board
Exactos exsanguinating exhausted experts.

So true, so true.
Reply to: #971363 by Chill E
Feb 12, 2019 8:36am
Thread Board
Also Panola and Arabia Mountaind are worth a check. Any other locals got ideas?
Reply to: #971374 by Sagacorn
Feb 12, 2019 9:33am
Thread Board
Can't you hear Wassa singing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbgIg6Y9eGo
He was a bit younger in this one, but it's definitely Wassa
Re: How long does it take you?
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #971322 by RDHG
Feb 12, 2019 11:39am
Thread Board
For me, it really depends on the stamp.. if it's a fairly simple stamp, I usually can finish in an hour or so.. any longer and I usually stop for a while.. (I've broken a couple of fingers in the past) because I'll start making multiple mistakes if I don't..
Seeking Seven More Stamps, Please.
Feb 12, 2019 11:44am
Thread Board
I cannot find my original post, so I am reposting rather than updating. If anybody would like to carve a stamp or a few for a homeschool, letterboxing education event, please see the tracker. We only need seven more. Thank you!

https://www.atlasquest.com/toolbox/stampexchange/details.php?exchangeId=1299
New tracker
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Feb 12, 2019 12:31pm
Thread Board
We’ve had several requests to host another Visual Puns tracker. If you want to join again or missed out last time now’s your chance! 😄

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10138
Re: Seeking Seven More Stamps, Please.
Reply to: #971379 by RDHG
Feb 12, 2019 12:35pm
Thread Board
Hi, RDHG,

Since I'm a retired homeschool mom (4 graduates), I would especially love to help with this project. It was through a fellow homeschooler that I first learned about LBing! If still needed, I'll take Ben the Dog. Any kind of dog will do? And I'll try Ceclia the Toucan, too. Also, I recognize your name (and Super Hedge Hoggie, too) so I think you're in NC as I am. I do not see on your post where you want the stamp mailed. And is your event on 3/7? Or is that the deadline to get it to you?

Evelyn for the BEJays
Re: How long does it take you?
Reply to: #971378 by Only Dreaming
Feb 12, 2019 12:38pm
Thread Board
Wait, what!? You’ve broken fingers carving stamps?

🙀
Re: Seeking FIVE More Stamps, Please.
Reply to: #971381 by BEJAYS
Feb 12, 2019 1:11pm
Thread Board
Thank you two times! I sent you AQ Mail and updated the list. Yay!
Re: Power Plant Challenge?
Board: State: Texas
Reply to: #971292 by Bandit Raccoon
Feb 12, 2019 2:02pm
Thread Board
I'm participating. So far i'm half way there. I'm in Dallas area.
Reply to: #971343 by Wry Me
Feb 12, 2019 2:03pm
Thread Board
Make sure to message SuperHedgeHoggie
Reply to: #971321 by Origami Hen
Feb 12, 2019 2:04pm
Thread Board
Make sure to msg Super HedgeHoggie
Reply to: #971371 by wassamatta u
Feb 12, 2019 2:30pm
Thread Board
Yagimented Yaagers Yaply Yield Yummy Yantras

(seriously, I've got to actually get some work done so somebody PLEASE take Z???!!!)
Reply to: #971386 by LadyRisa
Feb 12, 2019 4:59pm
Thread Board
Done! :) Thanks!
Re: Please Pray for Hornicorn
Board: Prayer and Healing
Reply to: #971370 by RDHG
Feb 12, 2019 5:26pm
Thread Board
🙏🙏🙏