Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
1-3 hours for each LTC sized stamp, depending on the complexity. That's probably about right for me too. It definitely depends on complexity. My longest carve (to that point) is of a lighthouse, Minot's Ledge Light. It must have taken at least 10 ho...
by FORAYCHProfileContactLogbookNote
About how long on average does it take you to carve one stamp? Probably too long! :) I most likely am in the slower category of carvers, but I have done detailed inchies in an hour and 5" x 5" stamps that took over 40+ hours. I probably am slower b...
by jlsd0218ProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Uncommon, unique utensils creating the ultimate unsurpassed urban letterboxes!
Very vehement vegans venerating valuable vegetables.
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
Well, while wassa was waiting, watching words which were wittily written, wary walkers wandered widdershins without wobbling wildly. Woohoo!!!
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
A very nice corner rounding punch. It was such a treat arriving like it did - out of the blue. ECP has been wanting something like that so it was much appreciated! Like I said, the LTC community is the greatest! (thanks gmh!)
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
Also note: Some of us are gouge carvers and some of us are hobby knife carvers. Hobby knife carving generally takes longer than gouge carving. In fact, we once had a post where someone suggested that more people should learn how to gouge carve becau...
Board: Postals
There are 11 (including me) in the tracker. There is room for at least two more in the tracker. Clue 13: Film
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Yakking It Up
at 2:17 you can see Amanda and Ryan at 3:59 Wassa is setting up his next prank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkmg3Y64_s
by Chill EProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Georgia
Thank you so much!!
by Chill EProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you thank you thank you!! I’m so grateful for your kindness in taking the time to advise and guide me in and around the greater Atlanta area. And for offering to hike with me. Trying to figure out my divide and conquer plan... I printed out a...
at 2:17 you can see Amanda and Ryan Not 3:55?
by TeachJRProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Illinois
March 9th at Lake of the Woods in Mahomet, IL we will hold the event: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques at Lake of the Woods. This event includes sessions on logbook making, pouch making, container preparation, cipher and code clue writing, safety on the...
by TeachJRProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Region: Midwest
March 9th at Lake of the Woods in Mahomet, IL we will hold the event: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques at Lake of the Woods. This event includes sessions on logbook making, pouch making, container preparation, cipher and code clue writing, safety on the...
by BetsyLeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Maybe Staples, or one of the Office stores. I get different sized envelopes there sometimes. :^)
I consider that time line, but you can't actually see them (unless they're the ones on the outside looking in)
by Mama StorkProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
You are the best!
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Prayer and Healing
Theseekers1108 posted this on Facebook and would like folks here to know, as well. ******* Dear Friends, especially, LETTERBOXING FRIENDS ... Our friend, letterboxer Hornicorn, was in a bad car accident last week. She was struck by one vehicle and push...
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
Since nobody else wants to do X... This is definitely something I have seen in our hobby: Exactos exsanguinating exhausted experts.
by Boxer Lover47ProfileContactLogbookNote
We have a fair number in our immediate family and we give birthday cards to each other in person. I save the envelopes that haven't had the flaps completely glued down and are re-usable. Even if there's a name written on the front, that can be covered...
by DevilinDogProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Sky's the Limit
The locations should be released this week and we'll be able to start planning challenge hikes. I hope a lot of them are on blue trails now that I'm trying to figure out the miles I've hiked on blue trails. If anyone wants to carve a stamp for me to...
by SagacornProfileContactLogbookNote
Very funny but I'm sure Amanda and Ryan don't think so. Is Wassa the lumberjack?
Exactos exsanguinating exhausted experts. So true, so true.
by QuarryProfileContactLogbookNote
Also Panola and Arabia Mountaind are worth a check. Any other locals got ideas?
Can't you hear Wassa singing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbgIg6Y9eGo He was a bit younger in this one, but it's definitely Wassa
by Only DreamingProfileContactLogbookNote
For me, it really depends on the stamp.. if it's a fairly simple stamp, I usually can finish in an hour or so.. any longer and I usually stop for a while.. (I've broken a couple of fingers in the past) because I'll start making multiple mistakes if I d...
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
I cannot find my original post, so I am reposting rather than updating. If anybody would like to carve a stamp or a few for a homeschool, letterboxing education event, please see the tracker. We only need seven more. Thank you! https://www.atlasque...
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
We’ve had several requests to host another Visual Puns tracker. If you want to join again or missed out last time now’s your chance! 😄 https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10138
by BEJAYSProfileContactLogbookNote
Hi, RDHG, Since I'm a retired homeschool mom (4 graduates), I would especially love to help with this project. It was through a fellow homeschooler that I first learned about LBing! If still needed, I'll take Ben the Dog. Any kind of dog will do?...
Wait, what!? You’ve broken fingers carving stamps? 🙀