Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
1-3 hours for each LTC sized stamp, depending on the complexity.
Board: Letterbox Chatter
And, in an un-solicited anonymous gesture of good will! LTC-ers are the best! DZ
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
I tried selecting a time in a new event I wanted to list and it forced me to use military time for the start time, which then reverted to a 12-hour time. The end time was on a 12-hour, if I remember correctly. Then it didn't like the time I had, so I h...
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Texas
I saw this challenge and thought it would be fun. Just worried I won't be able to finish.
by IrishRefProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Postals
Just imagining all those possible shocking answers you could have given her.
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
I don't really have much control over the time widget--I just tell the browser "get the start and end times" and leave it to the browser to do it. But I took a look at it on my machine and I have to admit, it's actually really weird and I'm not sure w...
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you for your input, Everyone. I carved my first stamp in a few years, and I felt like it took me a long time. Based on your feedback, maybe it did not take that long. However, it is much bigger than I planned. No worries. I simply need more...
by Gypsy FiddlerProfileContactLogbookNote
Oooh! Do tell-what goodies did you get??šŸ˜€
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
They don't charge extra for bumpy greeting cards usually. I started using greeting card-sized envelopes and had no problem. So, where do you buy them, without buying a greeting card along with it?
I tend to use harder material for the "best" stamps, and softer stuff for the smaller, simpler ones. I use the soft material for stamps that have large inked areas. I use hard material for when there are few inked areas.
The idea of putting a couple of hours into a silly little piece of rubber only to accidentally hack a key piece out of it or turn a letter around backwards or some such just feels like it's not worth the risk. I've been able to glue in a piece that I s...
1-3 hours for each LTC sized stamp, depending on the complexity. That's probably about right for me too. It definitely depends on complexity. My longest carve (to that point) is of a lighthouse, Minot's Ledge Light. It must have taken at least 10 ho...
by FORAYCHProfileContactLogbookNote
About how long on average does it take you to carve one stamp? Probably too long! :) I most likely am in the slower category of carvers, but I have done detailed inchies in an hour and 5" x 5" stamps that took over 40+ hours. I probably am slower b...
by jlsd0218ProfileContactLogbookNote
Uncommon, unique utensils creating the ultimate unsurpassed urban letterboxes!
Very vehement vegans venerating valuable vegetables.
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
Well, while wassa was waiting, watching words which were wittily written, wary walkers wandered widdershins without wobbling wildly. Woohoo!!!
A very nice corner rounding punch. It was such a treat arriving like it did - out of the blue. ECP has been wanting something like that so it was much appreciated! Like I said, the LTC community is the greatest! (thanks gmh!)
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
Also note: Some of us are gouge carvers and some of us are hobby knife carvers. Hobby knife carving generally takes longer than gouge carving. In fact, we once had a post where someone suggested that more people should learn how to gouge carve becau...
There are 11 (including me) in the tracker. There is room for at least two more in the tracker. Clue 13: Film
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Yakking It Up
at 2:17 you can see Amanda and Ryan at 3:59 Wassa is setting up his next prank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkmg3Y64_s
by Chill EProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Georgia
Thank you so much!!
by Chill EProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Georgia
Thank you thank you thank you!! Iā€™m so grateful for your kindness in taking the time to advise and guide me in and around the greater Atlanta area. And for offering to hike with me. Trying to figure out my divide and conquer plan... I printed out a...
at 2:17 you can see Amanda and Ryan Not 3:55?
by TeachJRProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Illinois
March 9th at Lake of the Woods in Mahomet, IL we will hold the event: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques at Lake of the Woods. This event includes sessions on logbook making, pouch making, container preparation, cipher and code clue writing, safety on the...
by TeachJRProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Region: Midwest
March 9th at Lake of the Woods in Mahomet, IL we will hold the event: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques at Lake of the Woods. This event includes sessions on logbook making, pouch making, container preparation, cipher and code clue writing, safety on the...
by BetsyLeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Maybe Staples, or one of the Office stores. I get different sized envelopes there sometimes. :^)
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
I consider that time line, but you can't actually see them (unless they're the ones on the outside looking in)
by Mama StorkProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
You are the best!
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Prayer and Healing
Theseekers1108 posted this on Facebook and would like folks here to know, as well. ******* Dear Friends, especially, LETTERBOXING FRIENDS ... Our friend, letterboxer Hornicorn, was in a bad car accident last week. She was struck by one vehicle and push...
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
Since nobody else wants to do X... This is definitely something I have seen in our hobby: Exactos exsanguinating exhausted experts.