Simple | Summaries | Expanded

Msg: 550028
storm rider Subject: Re: Prayers for my sister
Board: Prayer and Healing
Author: storm riderProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 12:06 AM
P-78F-1083M-1799
Reply to: Msg 550027 by KuKu
Oh Kuku, I'm so sorry that happened. I'm glad she is on the mend though. What a blessing you are close so you can go be with her. Good sign that she wanted potatoes! Prayers are already working....storm rider
Msg: 550030
figureeight Subject: Re: Oh i like the highlighted date on the event page
Board: Yakking It Up
Author: figureeightProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 2:38 AM
P-112F-1367M-1174
Reply to: Msg 549956 by Kirbert
The good news is, after taking her to work I take care of our two year old grandson. Wednesday is Letterboxing day.
F8
Msg: 550032
Subject: Re: Lyme - again
Board: State: Virginia
Author: Otis' FriendsProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 3:27 AM
P-104F-3711M-886PremiumInactive > 3 months
Reply to: Msg 549981 by Sheba
Which is why I cited it.
Msg: 550034
Subject: Re: App for Disney ride times
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Author: speedsquareProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 3:51 AM
P-58F-1782M-4661Premium
Reply to: Msg 550025 by Team Awesome Pants
I am number one kite flyer!
Msg: 550036
Team Awesome Pants Subject: Re: App for Disney ride times
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Author: Team Awesome PantsProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 4:01 AM
P-168F-1444M-1309Premium
Reply to: Msg 550034 by speedsquare
I am number one kite flyer!

Oh, Yeah!
Msg: 550038
Tri-Colored Paws Subject: Re: Lost two of my cool ducks yesterday. :(
Board: Critter Corner
Author: Tri-Colored PawsProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 4:17 AM
P-137F-1332M-1730Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 550003 by terrio
Aww, sorry to hear about your goose and her eggs. :( I used to love my geese. They were so loyal to me. Just like my dogs. When I was in my house, they would sleep right outside the window where I was sitting. If I got up and moved into my kitchen, they moved too. It was really funny. The geese were the one animal sound I could here without hearing aids. It was like having a watch dog outside, 24-7. The only problem was.....they didn't like other people. :( They were fine until a visting teenager decided to kick one of the males. From then on, it was hard to visit my house, unannounced. I had to pen them up when company came. :(

Whatever has been coming in, nab a pet rooster out of my big barn, too. I've been working so much outside the home, that I'm hardly ever here anymore. Guess the wildlife is starting to look at this place like the local diner. :(

Tri-Colored Paws
Msg: 550039
Subject: Re: Prayers for my sister
Board: Prayer and Healing
Author: DBFamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 4:23 AM
F-131M-321Inactive > 3 months
Reply to: Msg 550027 by KuKu
Praying! I would recommend she ask to speak to the hospital billing office for guidance of who to talk to at either her insurance company or the hospital to make sure the proper paperwork gets done. I had some medical complications a few years ago and ended up staying a couple days longer than expected. My insurance had a case manager liaison at the hospital that they put me in touch with and it was all taken care of. Most likely once they see she had to have an emergency second surgery, it will be reconsidered for length of stay and coverage. There may also be some liability coverage on the hospital side, because internal bleeding from a nicked blood vessel is not supposed to happen. Many prayers for speedy recovery and financial reassurance. Your sister is very lucky to have you! (((hugs))) Momma, dbfamily
Msg: 550042
The Merry Pranksters Subject: Happy AQ-versary........
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Author: The Merry PrankstersProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 4:49 AM
P-788F-2781M-2921Premium
...... to Choi! That's #6!!!! Hope it's a special day for you - Thanks for all you do for our hobby!!!! ;o)

Pete
Msg: 550043
Sharkboy and Lavagirl Subject: Re: only 10 days left = please help
Board: Scouts Honor
Author: Sharkboy and LavagirlProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 5:15 AM
P-62F-420M-2813Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 549987 by CathCainGwen
I just voted! I'm waitng for the confirmation e-mail.

Check w/ Sprite and Highlander to see how she got AQ people to help her class win the weather machine. There might be a better board to get you more exposure. :)
Msg: 550044
Sharkboy and Lavagirl Subject: Graduated From Physical Therapy!
Board: Health and Fitness
Author: Sharkboy and LavagirlProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 5:21 AM
P-62F-420M-2813Inactive > 1 year
I am so excited! I have graduated from physical therapy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night was my last visit and my therapist said he was suprised at how much range of motion I got back in my arm after my elbow fracture. I got 100% of extension back and about 98% of flexation back. He said he has only seen that happen a few times in his career, so I'm very thankful. For all of you who prayed for me as I've gone through this, THANK YOU!!!!!
Msg: 550045
Kirbert Subject: Re: Oh i like the highlighted date on the event page
Board: Yakking It Up
Author: KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 5:27 AM
P-501F-735M-13525Premium
Reply to: Msg 550021 by Maude
No NO!! She's at work and HE has the car!!

I'm such a good hubby, I bought her her own car!
Msg: 550047
bodyquest Subject: Re: Graduated From Physical Therapy!
Board: Health and Fitness
Author: bodyquestProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 5:28 AM
P-15F-148M-301Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 550044 by Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Congratulations, I work at as a Physical Therapy Tech...which means that I would have been the one making you do your exercises! Make sure you keep up on your home exercises, you don't want to stop for about 6 months then your regular activities should keep you good. I've seen too many people come back because they thought they could stop doing all thier home exercises and thier knee started to lose range of motion. You've worked too hard for that to happen. Good work...Keep it up!!!!
Msg: 550050
3 Blind Mice Subject: Help Beacon, NY
Board: State: New York
Author: 3 Blind MiceProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 5:36 AM
P-206F-1568M-2949Inactive > 3 months
I know this is shameless, but, one of my employers is trying to establish a multi-arts center along the Hudson River for disadvantaged youth in Beacon, NY. We are competing for Pepsi's Refresh Everything grant and need 3,000 votes per day for the month of October to get the grant. Would you please vote for us by clicking this link (www.refresheverything.com/millstreetloft) and spreading the word to those you know?

Thanks,

3 Blind Mice
Msg: 550051
Kirbert Subject: Re: Clue question
Board: Pin-up Discussions
Date: Oct 1, 2010 5:42 AM
P-501F-735M-13525Premium
Reply to: Msg 550014 by Dizzy
It's on the Restrictions page when adding a box. Under "Member Groups" you can choose Pin-Ups if you are a member of the Pin-Ups group. I still believe it should be noted in the clues.

What should probably be noted in the clues is why it's a pin-up, whether it involves nudity, gore, or is merely suggestive or otherwise possibly inappropriate for small children. I have several pin-up boxes; most involve images of women looking sexy but clothed. Only one involves nudity, and my wife insists that one should not be marked as a pin-up because it is a classic work of art. I have never understood how being done by Rembrandt or Michaelangelo makes nudity somehow acceptable, so I marked it as a pin-up anyway and will let finders decide for themselves whether to share it with their children.

I personally think it's something of an achievement that you can carve a stamp that would be considered objectionable! I suppose it's easy enough to hack something out similar to what you'd find scribbled on a bathroom wall, but if you can carve an image of a woman good enough that people find it erotic, you're doing pretty well. We did find a box once in which the planter noted that there was nudity involved (might have been before the pin-up category existed, I don't remember) and when we found it it was carved poorly enough that we just laughed. It was, like, "What's that supposed to be? Ohhhh...."
Msg: 550052
Choi Subject: Re: Happy AQ-versary........
Author: ChoiProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 5:43 AM
P-939F-3535M-761Premium
Reply to: Msg 550042 by The Merry Pranksters
Yay! It's my AQ-versary! Too early to pop champagne... Maybe I'll run out at lunch for a walk in the woods to celebrate. :o)

Choi
Msg: 550054
Kirbert Subject: Re: Clue question
Board: Pin-up Discussions
Date: Oct 1, 2010 5:45 AM
P-501F-735M-13525Premium
Reply to: Msg 550018 by FORAYCH
I was torn when listing my WOM - do I want only pin-up members to be able to find the box/listing, or do I want more people to be able to assess if they want to pursue it and seek me directly for the clues if curious? I weighed it and did the WOM without restrictions to only the pin-up group. I think the clue makes it clear it is adult only though...

All of which means you made the wrong decision. The entire point of the pin-up category is that there are letterboxers who don't want to know that such boxes exist. If merely making it clear in the clues that it was an adult box was sufficient, we wouldn't have a pin-up category. If there's any chance at all that parents won't want their children to see this box, it should be marked as a pin-up.
Msg: 550055
3crazyC's Subject: Re: Postals
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Author: 3crazyC'sProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 5:45 AM
P-1F-234M-187
Reply to: Msg 549967 by bodyquest
Thanks bodyquest for the information,I will give it a try
Msg: 550056
Guzzelin' Gal Subject: Re: 1st Carve
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Author: Guzzelin' GalProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 5:56 AM
P-271F-1337M-762Premium
Reply to: Msg 542741 by The Mischievous Four
I was scared when I did my first carve, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I only have 8 stamps done so far, but I feel a lot more confident. Looking forward to seeing the pic of your first. :)
Msg: 550061
Guzzelin' Gal Subject: Re: Michaels for supplies?
Date: Oct 1, 2010 6:12 AM
P-271F-1337M-762Premium
Reply to: Msg 543117 by Anne Bonny
In my Micheals the pink stuff and tools are with the canvas in the art section. No where near the stamp.
Msg: 550062
Subject: Re: Michaels for supplies?
Author: BaqashProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 6:13 AM
P-182F-3224M-5265Premium
Reply to: Msg 550061 by Guzzelin' Gal
Rubber stamps are considered crafts, print making is considered fine art. For us, they merge. Perhaps Michael's should have the two departments next to one another.
Msg: 550063
Subject: Re: Michaels for supplies?
Author: AbsolutelyKathyProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 6:20 AM
F-22M-50
Reply to: Msg 550061 by Guzzelin' Gal
In hobby lobby they had them with the screen printing stuff and across from the stuff you use to make landscapes and things for train sets and what not. It is always a adventure to figure out where stores are going to put these items. I don't understand why they don't just put them with the stamp stuff.
Msg: 550065
The Merry Pranksters Subject: Re: Happy AQ-versary........
Author: The Merry PrankstersProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 6:28 AM
P-788F-2781M-2921Premium
Reply to: Msg 550052 by Choi
Hmmmm........................ how about a yummy Mamosa??? ;o)

Hope you have a Grateful Day! You might want to get that box soon before the floods rain down on us - Have fun!

Pete
Msg: 550066
bodyquest Subject: Re: Michaels for supplies?
Date: Oct 1, 2010 6:44 AM
Reply to: Msg 550063 by AbsolutelyKathy
You guys are lucky!! I have 2 michaels that are both an hour in different directions away from me and NEITHER ONE carries the pink stuff, not much other stamping stuff either. I'm really jelous :(
Msg: 550067
Dizzy Subject: Re: Michaels for supplies?
Author: DizzyProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 6:59 AM
P-46F-343M-5102
Reply to: Msg 550066 by bodyquest
I have 2 michaels that are both an hour in different directions away from me and NEITHER ONE carries the pink stuff, not much other stamping stuff either. I'm really jelous :(

When was the last time you checked? My Michael's only started carrying the pink stuff about a month and a half ago. Until then they only carried the gray stuff. At my Michael's, it's by the calligraphy.

(At my Hobby Lobby, it's by the stamp and coin collecting stuff).
Msg: 550068
Guzzelin' Gal Subject: Re: Michaels for supplies?
Date: Oct 1, 2010 7:00 AM
P-271F-1337M-762Premium
Reply to: Msg 550062 by Baqash
Thanks! It actually makes sense that they would do it that way with that in mind. I'd like them better close together, stamps and ink and in row three, the canvas's are way in the back of the store. lol
Msg: 550069
Choi Subject: Re: Happy AQ-versary........
Author: ChoiProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 7:01 AM
P-939F-3535M-761Premium
Reply to: Msg 550065 by The Merry Pranksters
Too late, the deluge just started!

Choi
Msg: 550070
More Great Fun Subject: Re: Help Beacon, NY
Board: State: New York
Author: More Great FunProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 7:04 AM
P-42F-549M-802Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 550050 by 3 Blind Mice
I would love to vote for such a great idea. Would you please give a little more info? I followed the link, but didn't know where to go from there. There are many option and causes.
Msg: 550071
bodyquest Subject: Re: Michaels for supplies?
Date: Oct 1, 2010 7:05 AM
Reply to: Msg 550067 by Dizzy
Until then they only carried the gray stuff

It's probably been 2 months since I've checked because of the distance, but when I did check they carried absolutley no carving material at all. I got everyone involved in the search from the gal stocking shelves to the manager on duty to help me find something, not much caring what color it was at that time. I think I'll call them and see if they are carrying it now, but if I just go...I'm sure I can find something else I need with ACMoore coupon :)
Msg: 550072
Dartmoor Dreamer Subject: Re: Creating folded cards
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Author: Dartmoor DreamerProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 7:05 AM
P-306F-2689M-1630Premium
Reply to: Msg 549067 by Maos
I look on youtube for pop-up card ideas and then fiddle around with making them LTC size.

Geometry Junkie has made some great moveable cards - don't know where she gets her inspiration.

brandicat made a beautiful pop-up dove on vellum card for a Agnes's confirmation swap.

Have fun folding!
Msg: 550073
More Great Fun Subject: Re: Who wants to be a TV Star???
Board: State: Massachusetts
Author: More Great FunProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 1, 2010 7:16 AM
P-42F-549M-802Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 549957 by The Merry Pranksters
I have no interest in being a star, but I can't wait to see the segment. Let us know the air date.
|← First ← Previous
Next → Last &rarr|;
Start New Thread
Simple | Summaries | Expanded