Simple | Summaries | Expanded

Msg: 467421
Subject: Re: I won!
Board: Nanowrimo
Author: Heart WriterProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 12:09 AM
P-23F-48M-19Premium
Reply to: Msg 467350 by Brandy
I KNEW you could do it! I was rooting for you all the way! In fact, Romana and the Doctor were rooting just as hard! I am just sooooooo excited for you!

Congratulations and felicitations!

Heart Writer

PS: most of the time when Romana is on the boards writing stuff to people, she shares with me what is going on and reads me the posts, and I tell her to include me in the reply... which she did this time, too, but because I know what it takes to DO this, I wanted to write my own personal note and tell you how excited the three of us were for you that you did it! We were worried when you were stuck for so long under the count and the days were getting short, and then they had the glitch on the word validator at the last moment! Whew! We all breathed easier when we saw your count today! Woooo Hoooo!!!!!

PS PS: Are the winners out yet for the Do Not Go Beyond This Point contest for York Emporium yet? Did you enter this year? Did you win "Grand Master"? Your stuff is good enough, in my opinion, to win Grand Master! I thought they said the winners would be announced in time for ebooks before Christmas, but I have heard nothing. When you get a chance to breathe and eat and "get back to normal" if that ever happens to you (it does not happen here, I can tell you!) and can check on that, I would love to know who will be included in that book this year, and when it will be available. I hope at least a few of them are the same winners from last year. Most of it was very interesting, and all of it was entertaining!
Msg: 467422
Kelsung Subject: Re: Pink Stuff Melting Point
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Author: KelsungProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 1:46 AM
P-192F-2382M-2793
Reply to: Msg 467201 by SITE Sleuths
We just had an event here in So Cal that had a stamp with a history like that:

http://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?gBoxId=132015
Msg: 467423
Cyclonic Subject: Re: Broke 100
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Author: CyclonicProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 1:47 AM
P-126F-1656M-2037
Reply to: Msg 467370 by Butterfly Suzy
How much does 100 cost?

$586.16
Msg: 467424
Kelsung Subject: Re: Pre-Dating Finds to get First Finder Credit....
Board: State: California
Author: KelsungProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 1:53 AM
P-192F-2382M-2793
Reply to: Msg 466912 by deniserows
Since I don't have that on my menu, I assume it's a premium member only thing.
Msg: 467426
Bobguyman Subject: Re: This is the post your looking for
Board: Yakking It Up
Author: BobguymanProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 3:15 AM
P-2F-75M-2082Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 467309 by shel-bee-looking
Spent 7 hours with a group to earn money for homeless children =)

~BOB~
Msg: 467428
Solo-wanderer Subject: Re: Happy Birthday to Deb of the Merry Pranksters!
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Author: Solo-wandererProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 3:21 AM
P-136F-1402M-92Inactive > 1 month
Reply to: Msg 467409 by zess the treehuggers
Holy cow! Birthdays galore!! When's Rhonda's birthday? :-)

We'll have to wait until 2010, her B-Day is April 30 : )
Msg: 467430
BootyBandits Subject: What's the difference?
Author: BootyBanditsProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 3:45 AM
P-33F-390M-556
Ok in all seriousness...besides just the color, what was the difference between the pz orange and white. I was only ever privalaged enough to get a tiny (1 1/2 x 1 1/2) piece of white in my hand, and LOVED how it carved. With that tiny taste I have been dying for this shortage to be over. I have carved other "stuff" in the mean time but was curious what the difference was of the stuff I haven't been able to get my hands on.
BB
Msg: 467435
The Little Foxes Subject: Re: Small
Board: Pin-up Discussions
Author: The Little FoxesProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 4:01 AM
P-169F-987M-4167Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 467373 by Shorty
I'd be interested if it was an LTC swap. Dixie's doing a swap called "Micros" where the size of the card is 1/4 the size of an LTC. So that might work! Or just have the criteria that the stamp be 2x1 on a regular LTC....

Mama Fox
Msg: 467438
Tri-Colored Paws Subject: Just wondering....
Board: State: Maine
Author: Tri-Colored PawsProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 4:07 AM
P-137F-1332M-1730Inactive > 1 year
Who keeps clicking "interesting"? I've noticed on some of the posts that someone find them "interesting". That seems like it can go either way on what they are trying to say. I guess it's good that they commented at all but really, how doesn't want a hug.

(coffee is kicking in)
Msg: 467440
Tri-Colored Paws Subject: Cyber Monday
Author: Tri-Colored PawsProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 4:17 AM
P-137F-1332M-1730Inactive > 1 year
Did everyone survive Cyber Monday? Anyone effected? Our computers at work were S-L-O-W!
Msg: 467441
TrailTroll Subject: Re: Ghost hunt 2010
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Author: TrailTrollProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 4:19 AM
P-117F-2736M-1700Premium
Reply to: Msg 467306 by GreatBigSabres
The event has now been changed to May 22.

Yep, the first (and second) date sold out. I think I'll write it in pencil this time, until Bone Yard Recorder gets all the signups and can confirm the reservation. This ghost hunt is amazingly popular!
Msg: 467444
Dizzy Subject: Re: Pink Stuff Melting Point
Author: DizzyProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 4:44 AM
P-46F-343M-5102
Reply to: Msg 467412 by storm rider
I have heard that people in hot climates like the "orange stuff" because it holds up better in extreme temps(both hot and cold) Any opinions on how "pink stuff" holds up?

Oh great. Now you're gonna have Kirbert smokin his carving stuff.
Msg: 467445
Dizzy Subject: Re: Pink Stuff Melting Point
Author: DizzyProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 4:50 AM
P-46F-343M-5102
Reply to: Msg 467422 by Kelsung
We just had an event here in So Cal that had a stamp with a history like that:

http://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?gBoxId=132015

The story was great! Sadly, the person must have removed the pics from their blog because the link in the clues goes to PNF and when I went to their main blog page, they don't have an entry on that date. I really wanted to see the pics.
Msg: 467447
TrailTroll Subject: Re: Pink Stuff Melting Point
Author: TrailTrollProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 5:17 AM
P-117F-2736M-1700Premium
Reply to: Msg 467445 by Dizzy
You have to put together the two halves of the link - it's broken in the story. There's a picture of the melted box there - it's awesome!
Msg: 467449
IrishRef Subject: WVU Shoutout
Board: Sports Emporium
Author: IrishRefProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 5:27 AM
P-400F-1381M-4291
A little late but feel the need for a shout out about the Mountaineers!

Football team which has been disappointing this year BEAT PITT Friday! Yeah!

The basketball team (#8 in the nation) is still undefeated and won the 76 Classic three day tourney in Anaheim.

Go 'Eers!
Msg: 467450
Subject: Re: Spiderweb
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Author: speedsquareProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 5:29 AM
P-58F-1782M-4661Premium
Reply to: Msg 467418 by Kirbert
I don't draw the same conclusions, Kirbert. There may be boxers who simply wanted to list their plants at AQ. They may be lurking under one or more aliases. I don't think members with P or F counts were deleted no matter what the last login date is. I don't see a problem with those not having a spider web. More mystery.
Msg: 467451
Get A Life Subject: My Gift to Fellow Letterboxers
Board: State: Ohio
Author: Get A LifeProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 5:30 AM
P-50F-462M-84Inactive > 1 year
I just wanted everyone that was not able to make it to the DUMMB event to know that I revised the clues for My Gift to Fellow Letterboxers.
The series and supplies are available at my place of business when I am at work (put it there for safety reasons). I hope that some of your will come and visit me and get your gift (25 finds in the same place and an Advent Calendar when assembled). Please see the clue and call ahead if you wish to come out. This will only be available until Christmas Eve but you may want to make it out earlier so you can use the advent calendar.
Have a Happy Holiday Season.
Msg: 467452
PapaSolo Subject: Re: Unique "boxes"
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Author: PapaSoloProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 5:41 AM
P-59F-1999M-1452
Reply to: Msg 467177 by Lone R
http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/db8f6f6a-f682-4ed1-808c-1467040d3d24.jpg

wow! talk about multitasking--not only is it a geocache, it's also a changing table.

p
Msg: 467456
Chica Subject: One Spot left, and taking backups
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Author: ChicaProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 5:52 AM
P-15F-148M-193Inactive > 3 months
There's one spot left in the Valentine's Clue LTC swap and CLUE game
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gTrackerId=3995

I'm also taking a couple backups... if you're interested, and don't happen to grab that last spot, AQ mail me and I'll add the first few to the list so we'll be covered in case someone drops out.

Launch date is February 14th... so there's plenty of time!
Msg: 467458
Subject: It's cake time come and get it ***ringing triangle***
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Author: Goofy girlProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 5:59 AM
P-53F-349M-12642Premium
Happy AQVersary to

Barefoot Lucy celebrating 5 yrs, Sweet n Sour celebrating 3 yrs, brimiestar celebrating 2 yrs, and Celtic Hound celebrating 1 yr!!!!m

***Throws confetti, releases balloons and rolls out the cake***

GG
*off to feed the baby*
Msg: 467459
Adventure Crafter Subject: Top of Maine
Author: Adventure CrafterProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 6:11 AM
P-167F-2847M-264Inactive > 3 months
Two new boxes at the top of Maine:

MHS

U.S. Four Corners: Madawaska, ME
Msg: 467460
MissMoon Subject: Re: Getting permission
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Author: MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 6:14 AM
P-114F-4774M-4997Premium
Reply to: Msg 467342 by snownomi
It's better to explain things on a personal level, perhaps show them some hand carved stamps. If you have an idea for a stamp for their store, show them the image. You could print out info to leave with them for them to read at their leasure, but talking to them would be more effective, spending some time with them.

If the place is really busy, see if there is someplace you can put the box where no one working will have to stop and get the box. And sometimes personnel changes and the new people don't know about the box. Or if they are really busy, it could be a pain for them to stop and give it to you.

MM
Msg: 467461
carolina wine trail Subject: Re: It's cake time come and get it ***ringing triangle***
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Author: carolina wine trailProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 6:18 AM
P-29F-507M-1600Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 467458 by Goofy girl
Happy AQVersary to

Barefoot Lucy celebrating 5 yrs, Sweet n Sour celebrating 3 yrs, brimiestar celebrating 2 yrs, and Celtic Hound celebrating 1 yr!!!!m

***Throws confetti, releases balloons and rolls out the cake***

GG

Congratulations on All those celebrating AQ-versaries today!

brushes the confetti out of hair, giggling at GG

May the coming year bring you many more Letterboxing Adventures!

Carolina Wine Trail
W.
Msg: 467462
terrio Subject: Re: molasses cookies
Board: Food For Thought
Author: terrioProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 6:19 AM
P-5F-96M-1002
Reply to: Msg 467394 by Silva Foot Family
When I make molasses cookies I flatten them slightly with a sugared glass. Terrio
Msg: 467465
Subject: dRe: HH with LARGE log book
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
Author: Horton's WhoProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 6:26 AM
P-9F-61M-28Inactive > 3 months
Reply to: Msg 467071 by veganf and the Dolphins
I have made a point to plant a large box myself just in case anyone in my area has a big HH tagging along!

That's what I've done. I bought some containers for a few plants and bought one that is a bit bigger than normal. Box is loaded, camoflaged, and ready to plant.

When I post the clue I'll follow your lead and make a note that it is a larger box.
--I even have a small Pelican case that was given to me that would make a great hostel. We Texans don't experience hostels that often.
Msg: 467466
Subject: Re: The Wire
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Author: SpakinoisProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 6:35 AM
P-85F-1901M-279Profile Updated
Reply to: Msg 467255 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
That's what i did. Started with Dexter from the Library and got hooked immediately and now have watched every episode. And a few people told me how good the Wire was and so i gave it a shot. And i emphasize they all told me to give it a few episodes so you might not get hooked on the first three or four but by episode 8, you are totally drawn in and hooked. It amazes me that something this good can get lost in the cracks. I mean, it didn't even get any Emmy's for gosh sakes! I think CSI shows have their place because they are kind of cool but nothing compares to the raw realism and power of The Wire. I think it's as good as the Sopranos was. Maybe that's why HBO didn't get behind it as much because they were too busy getting accolades for the Sopranos. Definitely check it out.
Msg: 467467
knit wit Subject: Re: Spiderweb
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Author: knit witProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 6:35 AM
P-70F-651M-9583Premium
Reply to: Msg 467450 by speedsquare
I didn't even realize that the spiderwebs had been added until yesterday.

Both of my sons have accounts and, though they are actively letterboxing with me as time allows, their accounts had webs on them. Apparently, I lost track of time and didn't log into their accounts for a couple of months. It's been a couple of months since they've needed finds logged. *shrug*

I don't see a need for spiderwebs to show up on the boxes since chances are the box is viable even if the planter may not have logged in under that name in a while. There are lots of aliases out there. :-)

Knit Wit
Msg: 467468
JennieGee Subject: JennieGee-the black hole returns
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Author: JennieGeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 6:38 AM
P-10F-3M-643Inactive > 1 year
Hey every one,

I know I have let a lot of people I consider really good friends down this summer/fall and I am literally ill about it.

I want to explain about what I have been going through health wise and what my plans for all the rings and singles I have.

You have all known I have a bad hip and leg that causes me with great pain sometimes and that I am on constant heavy painkillers to keep that under control. Now if that was my only issue during this past period of time there would have been no problems as I have traded easily and on time with that issue frequently. However, at the beginning of the summer/ perhaps late spring I ended up in the hospital as I spiraled out of control to the extreme and I had a bunch of other symptoms that landed me in ICU for a chunk of my stay due mainly to breathing/aspiration issues. (the good news is I hardly remember any of that part). While I was in the hospital they asked me to speak to the one and only psychiatrist during this time as I have always had panic and anxiety issues but they got much worse after the ICU stay.

She diagnosed me with extreme anxiety disorder. This consists of panic attacks and some days the inability to deal with ANYTHING. I become literally frozen, unable to do or decide what to do , so I end up doing nothing as that is all I am capable. A lot of times this summer I was so frozen I couldn't leave my bedroom and was unable to talk to anyone in person or on the net. This disorder is slowly getting better with an anti-depressant that is also designed to help with aniity. We have been increasing mu dosage slowly each month and by Jan. I should be at the maximum dosage that we have been aiming for. We will then start decreasing very slowly as I currently take 30 mg of Valium 5 times a day (anyone who knows about this drug probably has their eyes popping out their heads right now as that is an Extremely high dose and most people would be dead if they took that dose while I don't even fall asleep {I have been on it for a year at this dose.}

I have been unable to respond to people who have attempted to get ahold of me due to being paralyzed by the whole situation. Like I mentioned I an starting to improve on this drug which is why I able to write this letter now.

I know that there will be some people who have never experienced the mental issues I have been happening and won't be able to understand why I just didn't get my s&%T together and just send the stuff out. An anxiety disorder, esp. an extreme one like I have just can't be explained. Usually it is something you understand as either you or a loved one who has suffered from it. I wish there was a better way to help you understand how debilitating this disorder into words but I don't want to do it. I have managed to get a very small pension to from the Canada Pension Plan for being disabled but it is well under $1000 a month so it helps with our finances.

It is very embarrassing and frankly humiliating to have to tell people about my mental illness on top of my physical one but it is very important you understand why I have been gone. It's mot that I don't care, in fact I think of those packages every day.

Obviously they need to be sent out and I an going to chip away at them over the next couple weeks (we are moving Jan. 1 and it is my goal not to take any of them with me as they have all been sent). They won't be in the order that the swaps were set up in, I am going to choose a bag after each mailing, one that doesn't make me feel over whelmed and I think I should be able to get them all out this month.

I just have 2 more important things to day which is why they are in all capitals:

1) WHILE I DO HAVE SOME OF THE CARDS MADE A FEW OTHERS i WILL HAVE TO WHIP UP.THEE PROBLEM IS THE DOCTOR DOESN'T WANT ME CARVING FOR WHAT 'COULD' BE ANOTHER 6 MONTHS(MY HIP AND LEG PROBLEM ARE ON THE LEFT AND SO IS MY CARVING HAND AND HE WANTS ME TO REST THAT WHOLE SIZE) SO FOR THOSE i WILL HAVE TO MAKE ATC'S AND NOT LTC'S FOR. I WILL TRY TO USE SOME OF MY OLDER STAMPS BUT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THERE WON'T BE MUCH IN THE WAY OF STAMPS ON THE CARDS OTHER THAN MY SIG. STAMP. I DO HAVE LOTS OF COOL PAPER AND ACCESSORIES SO THEY SHOULD BE NICE CARD.

20 THE OTHER THING, AND POSSIBLY MORE IMPORTANT IS THAT i DELETED ALL NEW MAIL IN MY ACCOUNT AS THERE WERE 17 PAGES OF UNREAD LETTER. IF YOU HAVE CONTACTED ME AND YOU DIDN'T GET A RESPONSE FROM ME AND THE MESSAGE IS STILL RELEVANT THEN PLEASE MESSAGE ME AGAIN AND i WILL BE ABLE TO GET BACK TO YOU RATHER THAN ME BE IN THE MIDDLE OF 17 PAGES TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHICH OF ANY MESSAGES AREN'T SO OLD THEY DON'T MATTER ANY MORE.

It is very important to me to get these sent out and show that I will never ever become a real black hole and will always send things out, just in this case not when I wanted to.

Thank you all my AtlasQuest Friends and once this is all squared away I will still be welcomed into swaps, although I plan not to make very many commitments at the same time to keep from something like this to occur again. I would also like to than Sue (you know who you are) for trying to help me as much as she could although I was really wasn't in a position mentally to really get back to here much.

I am also going to post this on my blog so those of you who may not catch it in this forum posting and feel free to share the info with others.

I love you all!
JennieGee
Msg: 467469
Sati's Human Subject: Re: Anne Boleyn
Board: Critter Corner
Author: Sati's HumanProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 6:43 AM
P-10F-367M-341Inactive > 1 month
Reply to: Msg 467179 by Chedva
I love the Mean Kitty! I could watch his videos all day.
Msg: 467470
Subject: So sad
Board: Nanowrimo
Author: Alaska hsmProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 1, 2009 6:44 AM
P-131F-478M-1586
I'm so sad. This is the first year I have done nano and not won. I got to 33000, but no further.
|← First ← Previous
Next → Last &rarr|;
Start New Thread
Simple | Summaries | Expanded