Start New Thread
Simple | Summaries | Expanded

Msg: 300282
Sprite and Highlander Subject: Re: NY Patch & maybe Missouri patch redux
Author: Sprite and HighlanderNote
Date: Oct 22, 2008 7:04 PM
P-476F-538M-3091Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 298428 by MO UR4Me
some of "the" Missouri patches? Does that mean that there already is one?

Well, people had mentioned Perdue's design back a few posts, so to my knowledge, that's the only patch that had been put forth. If Perdue wasn't returning, I was willing to make a patch (either using her design or making a new one). Seems only right that someone in the state (or at least, someone with a design already created) should make it, though. I think you're elected, MO! :-)
Msg: 305577
mstrwndl Subject: Re: Patch
Author: mstrwndlNote
Date: Nov 2, 2008 5:00 PM
P-187F-334M-1273PremiumInactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 305459 by DrWatson
My daughter and I take our Corgi, Lydia boxing with us a lot. She loves to hike and is a great lookout. You always know when someone is coming when she is with us. I would love a couple of these patches.
Msg: 308901
Karen N K9s Subject: My Real Boxing Buddies Patch
Author: Karen N K9sNote
Date: Nov 10, 2008 3:30 PM
P-60F-241M-164Inactive > 1 month
Here is the link if you'd like to see this patch. It is a tribute to all of us who box with their dogs. I won't actually be receiving the patches until the end of November, so you can wait a couple of weeks, or order now, as long as you know that I don't have them yet. I will post again when I actually receive them.

people.rit.edu/jam2707/karennk9s
Msg: 308972
Subject: Re: My Real Boxing Buddies Patch
Author: FlutterbyNote
Date: Nov 10, 2008 5:56 PM
P-565F-7839M-282Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 308901 by Karen N K9s
Here is the link if you'd like to see this patch. It is a tribute to all of us who box with their dogs. I won't actually be receiving the patches until the end of November, so you can wait a couple of weeks, or order now, as long as you know that I don't have them yet. I will post again when I actually receive them.

people.rit.edu/jam2707/karennk9s

~I love this patch. I will be sending my payment to you tomorrow and will be eagerly awaiting the end of the month when the patches come in.

Great job!

Flutterby~
Msg: 311866
Subject: Re: Want a cool patch at a cool price?
Author: Columbus QuilterNote
Date: Nov 17, 2008 2:23 PM
P-5F-903M-81
Reply to: Msg 252945 by speedsquare
Do you have any extras of the patches?
Msg: 312440
The Toadfrogs Subject: Re: Shut Up and Box!
Author: The ToadfrogsNote
Date: Nov 18, 2008 3:09 PM
P-123F-757M-1007
Reply to: Msg 312421 by The Toadfrogs
Sorry. To clarify, the patches and bumper stickers will say quite simply "Shut Up and Box". The Indiana patch is just that. Figured I'd get them all at the same time. :o)
Msg: 313507
The Toadfrogs Subject: Re: Shut Up and Box!
Date: Nov 20, 2008 5:18 PM
P-123F-757M-1007
Reply to: Msg 312421 by The Toadfrogs
Wow! That's a lot of patches, especially since some of you want more than one. Halo is helping with the design for the Indiana patch, and as soon as we're through with that, I'm going to order all of them at once. I'll post a link here with pics too shortly. I hope to be able to get them to everyone by Christmas.
Msg: 313994
Subject: Super Boxer Patch donations
Author: BuggylouNote
Date: Nov 21, 2008 7:02 PM
P-54F-1519M-119
Hi All!
I just wanted to let everyone know I just made donations to AQ, LBNA and Jacbear's LPods using proceeds from the Super Boxer patch. This patch was created as a way to thank others that have gone "above and beyond" to help out. I still have patches available if you're interested in purchasing one or more ($3 per patch). I've covered my expenses and will continue to donate monies generated to benefit the letterboxing community.

In case you missed it, here's the link to view the patch:

http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.html?gAlbumId=1128
Buggylou
Msg: 315778
The Toadfrogs Subject: IN & SUAB Patch Images
Date: Nov 26, 2008 12:10 PM
P-123F-757M-1007
Here are the links to the new patches that will be available at the end of December.

Shut Up and Box
http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.html?gPhotoId=59611

Indiana
http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.html?gPhotoId=59610

Thanks to Halo for the awesome work on the Indiana patch. I love it.
Msg: 315802
GypsyLadybug Subject: Re: IN & SUAB Patch Images
Author: GypsyLadybugNote
Date: Nov 26, 2008 12:40 PM
P-492F-1887M-1213
Reply to: Msg 315791 by The Toadfrogs
Wonderful!!! My order and money will be in the mail to you on Friday. Thanks for offering up some great patches!! They'll look great on my bag.
Msg: 318653
Sahalie Subject: Re: My Real Boxing Buddies Patch Finally Here!
Author: SahalieNote
Date: Dec 3, 2008 8:13 PM
P-212F-6204M-1003Premium
Reply to: Msg 317985 by Karen N K9s
These patches are really great. I think I want to go and get a dog just so I can have one of these beautiful patches.

Sahalie
Msg: 321033
The Toadfrogs Subject: IN and SUAB Patches
Date: Dec 8, 2008 7:13 PM
P-123F-757M-1007
Following are links to the final scans of these two new patches. They should be here in about two weeks tops.

**Indiana
http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.html?gPhotoId=60360

**Shut Up and Box
http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.html?gPhotoId=60361

(on the SUAB patch, the gray appears brighter than it actually is)
Msg: 322508
Woodsong Subject: Custom patches
Author: WoodsongNote
Date: Dec 12, 2008 7:45 AM
F-141M-506
Atlas Quest: International Letterboxing
My Cub Scout den wants to come up with their own patch award and I'm looking for somewhere that will make up a custom patch for us. I've found a lot of websites but they either charge $10 apiece or there is a 100 unit minimum. Any ideas? Does Dixie do patches? Thanks for the help.
Woodsong
Msg: 322524
TalleyValleyFarmClan Subject: Re: Custom patches
Author: TalleyValleyFarmClanNote
Date: Dec 12, 2008 8:14 AM
P-87F-555M-3253Inactive > 3 months
Reply to: Msg 322508 by Woodsong
Dixie does not do patches BUT on her patch page there are links to the patch companies most of us have used ......

Holly
Msg: 322563
Subject: Re: Custom patches
Author: PBandJNote
Date: Dec 12, 2008 9:32 AM
P-47F-657M-581Inactive > 1 month
Reply to: Msg 322508 by Woodsong
I make a lot of patches at work. I always use Advantage Emblem. They are easy to work with and do great work. They have an extensive supply of stock patches as well, even a letterboxing patch! I don't know what their cost would be for a small order, but it's worth looking into.
Wild Rose
Msg: 323198
Subject: Re: NY Patch & maybe Missouri patch redux
Author: mojudyNote
Date: Dec 13, 2008 9:31 PM
P-29F-1701M-158
Reply to: Msg 298415 by Sprite and Highlander
I know it is December and you wrote about Missouri patches in October. What can I say, I've been busy. I would love 2 Missouri patches if they were produced. If they were and not sold out let me know where to send the money and it will be in the mail. I am also interested in Kansas and Illinois patches. If any one knows anything about them. Duhh. I will go to the Kansas and Illinois boards. Thanks, Judy
Msg: 324408
The Toadfrogs Subject: IN and SUAB Patches Have Arrived!
Date: Dec 16, 2008 2:51 PM
P-123F-757M-1007
If you ordered either an Indiana patch, or a Shut Up and Box patch, they have arrived and look great! I will get them in the mail tomorrow to those that have already placed their orders.

Thanks!

LBIN
http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.html?gPhotoId=60360

SUAB
http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.html?gPhotoId=60361
Msg: 324526
Triforce Subject: Re: IN and SUAB Patches Have Arrived!
Author: TriforceNote
Date: Dec 16, 2008 6:24 PM
P-97F-407M-822Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 324523 by The Toadfrogs
Speaking of patches I'm making a LBMA patch with the help of Prankster Pete. Those will be up for grabs for $3 when they are done. I thought I should throw that out there.
Msg: 325654
Karen N K9s Subject: My Real Boxing Buddies Patch still available
Author: Karen N K9sNote
Date: Dec 19, 2008 8:39 AM
P-60F-241M-164Inactive > 1 month
I still have plenty of these patches, which are a tribute to any one who boxes with their dog.
They are $3.00 each. You can see them at:
http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.html?gPhotoId=58174;gReturnUrl=%2Fgallery%2Fviewalbum.html%3FgAlbumId%3D1249
Msg: 329525
Subject: State patches?
Author: HoneychyckNote
Date: Dec 30, 2008 6:43 PM
P-1134F-4773M-394Premium
Are there patches out there for State, province, or country finds? I feel like I saw them at some point, but that may have been on the ill-fated imdb patch group
Msg: 329589
Capt Kirk Subject: Re: State patches?
Author: Capt KirkNote
Date: Dec 30, 2008 8:24 PM
P-40F-42M-600Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 329525 by Honeychyck
[quote]Are there patches out there for State, province, or country finds? I feel like I saw them at some point, but that may have been on the ill-fated imdb patch group [/qoute]

The International Moive Data Base patch group???!!!
Msg: 329680
Subject: Patches and Letterboxing History
Author: Der Mad StamperNote
Date: Dec 31, 2008 12:02 AM
P-22F-1M-75Inactive > 1 year
By now, I suppose most people who were unable to attend the "We Live and Breathe" 10th anniversary celebration back in September have at least heard about the letterboxing museum that was on display during the event. I really must say that it was a very cool exhibit, with contributions being sent in from around the country and from Dartmoor.

I think maybe the most exciting part of the museum was the impressive collection of PATCHES from various stages in letterboxing history. This display included many hard-to-find and one-of-a-kind patches, including contributions from the Dartmoor 100 Club, Valley Quest, World of Letterboxing, and several U.S. and Dartmoor letterboxers. A number of obsolete regional and event patches were included, in addition to various letterboxing awards and novelties.

Once we fully comprehended just how significant this collection had turned out to be, some of us members of the event planning committee decided to convert it into a permanent display which will be visiting many letterboxing events in the years to come. In fact, we're contributing quite a bit of our own money in an ongoing effort to preserve this aspect of our hobby's history and share it with others.

We've decided to call this project "The Traveling Repository of Letterboxing Patches" and we're also in the process of putting the entire collection online. We believe this historical information deserves to be made available to as many people as possible.

http://www.weliveandbreathe.com/history.htm

Of course, we don't think it's enough to merely show you the patches. We want to create a record of the stories behind them all before they are forgotten and lost forever. This is a huge undertaking, and we desperately need YOUR HELP!

Please take some time to visit our online exhibit. If you have information to go along with any of the patches, please contact me as soon as possible. In particular, we want to document the circumstances that led to the existence of each patch -- Who designed it? How was it inspired? When did it become available?

We also need to know about any patches that are missing from the collection. We need you to help us gather this historical information so it can be shared with generations of letterboxers to come. Our current goal is to have everything organized and ready for exhibition at LB CON 2009.

Thank you.

Mitch, Der Mad Stamper
- "We Live and Breathe Letterboxing" planning committee member
- Designer and co-founder of Letterboxing North America (www.letterboxing.org)
Msg: 329685
Subject: Re: Patches and Letterboxing History
Author: BuggylouNote
Date: Dec 31, 2008 3:26 AM
P-54F-1519M-119
Reply to: Msg 329680 by Der Mad Stamper
What an impressive assortment of patches! I look forward to seeing it in person at LB Con.

The Super Boxer patch was designed by me this past summer as a way to thank two letterboxers. I had been fortunate to have these two go "above and beyond" to help me out. A local boxer by the name of Cat Woman (who I've yet to meet!) twice made mulitple trips spontaneously as she gave some much needed first aid to one of my boxes. Another boxer, Red Barn Photos was kind enough to fulfill my request for some help.

The proceeds of this patch have been donated to help support AQ, LBNA and IPod. I will continue to use monies generated to help support the letterboxing community. I'd love to make the next donation to help the Traveling Repository of LB Patches prosper.

Here's a link to the Super Boxer patch:
http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.html?gAlbumId=1128
If you have someone you'd like to thank for a good deed, please consider ordering a stamp for them.

Thanks!
Buggylou
Msg: 329695
Three Hearts Subject: Re: Patches and Letterboxing History
Author: Three HeartsNote
Date: Dec 31, 2008 5:10 AM
P-70F-191M-2516
Reply to: Msg 329680 by Der Mad Stamper
Wow! Very impressive, Mitch! :o)

I'd be more than happy to donate a CFLLB Camp Out patch to your collection as well as fill you in on the details behind the CFLLB patch. Also, because our group is expanding throughout the state, there will be a new FLLB patch coming soon!

Thanks so much for including us in your patch history. We are honored to be a part of it!!!

:o)
3H
Msg: 333658
Sits N Knits Subject: GA patches?
Author: Sits N KnitsNote
Date: Jan 7, 2009 10:43 PM
P-45F-659M-1745Premium
Has anyone ever done a Georgia patch?
Msg: 333660
wassamatta u Subject: Re: GA patches?
Author: wassamatta uNote
Date: Jan 7, 2009 10:51 PM
P-39F-286M-7016Premium
Reply to: Msg 333658 by Sits N Knits
Has anyone ever done a Georgia patch?

I designed this one a while ago, but people didn't much like it...
Msg: 333701
BrewHiker Subject: Re: GA patches?
Author: BrewHikerNote
Date: Jan 8, 2009 5:11 AM
P-110F-845M-5503
Reply to: Msg 333658 by Sits N Knits
Nope. We use the LbSE patch, since it was designed by a Georgian. :-)

*S
Msg: 333705
markandsuepepe Subject: Re: GA patches?
Author: markandsuepepeNote
Date: Jan 8, 2009 5:27 AM
P-199F-1498M-695Premium
Reply to: Msg 333701 by BrewHiker
And where does one purchase such a patch since we'll be there with y'all in a few week???
:-)

Mark
Msg: 333724
Subject: Re: GA patches?
Author: Runs For BeerNote
Date: Jan 8, 2009 6:18 AM
P-77F-2184M-1880Premium
Reply to: Msg 333705 by markandsuepepe
Contact Red:

Message from LBSE Yahoo dated Oct. 2008:

LbSe Patches

Hello, friends!

If you never got around to buying an LbSe patch, you are not too
late - they are still available. We produced a second round earlier
this spring because so many folks were still interested.

Each patch is about 3 x 1.5 inches, and the colors on the photo
example on our LbSe splash page
are faithful to
the real life
version. This is a not-for-profit effort for me, so the price is only
$2 each to cover the cost to produce them and mail them out to you.

If you would like to place an order, send me a private (offlist)
email with the number of patches that you want to purchase. In return
I will email you a PayPal invoice. A PayPal account is not required
to make a purchase.

You will have your patch order in hand within a week under ordinary
circumstances. Please write to me if you have a question or comment!

-Red
Msg: 336340
preboxed Subject: Re: AZ or NM patch
Author: preboxedNote
Date: Jan 13, 2009 9:10 AM
P-109F-926M-3476
Reply to: Msg 336164 by lookin4moose
I'm looking for a patch for either AZ or NM. I see one for the Southwest is in the works

There IS a Rocky Mountain patch available:

Info here

There really aren't enough boxers to do individual state patches in this part of the country, hence the regional ones.

preboxed
Denver
|← First ← Previous
Next → Last &rarr|;
Start New Thread
Simple | Summaries | Expanded

Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
Group: Everybody