Msg: 2077
DebBee Subject: Re: what's next?
Board: Region: Southeast
Author: DebBeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 1, 2005 5:04 AM
P-23F-223M-1579Premium
Reply to: Msg 2073 by Mark
Can it make it in to the Gathering and back in one weekend? /quote>

Well, it's a 10 - 12 hour drive from Atlanta (depending on whether my husband's driving or I am) so it'd be pushing it. You'd have to spend Friday getting here and Sunday getting back, but we could have a heck of a time on Saturday!

DebBee
Msg: 2078
Ramdelt Subject: Re: I know you're out there!
Board: State: Colorado
Author: RamdeltProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 1, 2005 1:27 PM
P-29F-555M-27Premium
Reply to: Msg 531 by Esmerelda
Esmerelda, I have noticed some of your boxes here in Northern Colorado. Do you live up here or just stopping in on your flight route? I just found this site today and brought over my boxes from LBNA to add here as well. I like some of the features this site has that you don't get with LBNA. Are you "flying the friendly sky's"?
Msg: 2079
BOXDN Subject: Round trip road trip
Author: BOXDNProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 1, 2005 1:31 PM
P-32F-246M-119Inactive > 1 month
Reply to: Msg 2077 by DebBee
It can be done, Spyder and I did it for the Haunted Hike and had a blast. I would probably do it again if it weren't for Mardi Gras.

Boxdn
Msg: 2080
Norasta Subject: last finder & date...?
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Author: NorastaProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 1, 2005 4:25 PM
P-105F-273M-175Inactive > 3 months
This info has not reappeared on the LB clue pages. Is it being eliminated? I liked that feature as it was more informative than simply an "active" label....Norasta
Msg: 2081
MissMoon Subject: Re: Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Board: Reading Room
Author: MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 1, 2005 5:34 PM
P-114F-4774M-4997Premium
Reply to: Msg 2044 by Green Tortuga
Woo-hoo!! Valentine's Day! Chocolate!! Ever notice how almost all holidays have to do with some kind of food!
Val Day....chocolates.....Easter.....chocolate eggs and bunnies...July 4th...cook-outs....dogs, burgers, Halloween.....CANDY....Thanksgiving...turkey and trimmings, pumpkin pie.....Christmas.....another big family gathering and meal and that brings us back around to.......Valentine's Day!! bahahaaaaaa
mm
Msg: 2082
MissMoon Subject: Re: Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Board: Reading Room
Author: MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 1, 2005 5:37 PM
P-114F-4774M-4997Premium
Reply to: Msg 1969 by Amanda from Seattle
Did you get to read it? How did you like it? I loved it! His books are great. I'm trying to read Mirror, Mirror but am bogged down. I want to read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, the reeeeeeal story of Cinderella.
missmoon
Msg: 2083
Eli and Aubrey Subject: Re: what's next?
Author: Eli and AubreyProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 1, 2005 7:39 PM
P-64F-1165M-182Inactive > 3 months
Reply to: Msg 2071 by Amyrica
Quote I figure business must be going well for you! (Either that or you've already found all the boxes in the area and are taking a vacation until a few new boxes are planted that you haven't found.)

Well, business is picking up a little. Mostly we have been getting things ready for the business and driving to birthing classes, dr. apointments etc. But, we have had time to find a few boxes here and there. Still quite a few that need finding though!

Sorry we missed the tea party, I was up in N Ga visiting my new nephew. Hopw to see someone on the trails soon :)

Eli and Aubrey
Msg: 2084
Subject: Re: last finder & date...?
Author: Penguin PatrolProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 1, 2005 9:44 PM
P-218F-989M-1252Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 2080 by Norasta
Yeah...Where'd it go? :( I noticed that too and liked having it. It was a good way to track the box.

Liz
Msg: 2085
Red Subject: Genre whiplash, broad tastes and obscure artists
Board: Musical Musings
Author: RedProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 2, 2005 8:04 AM
P-8F-4M-72Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 1989 by judithandsparky
Quote I totally understand about whiplash in song selection. Some of my mixes are alphabetical by artist and it's interesting to have Ozzy Osbourne then Buck Owens or Metallica and then Glen Miller.

That's what it's like when I'm listening to music on my PC at work. Launchcast.com let me rate my favorites, and you never really know which genre the next one's coming from.

When SOBear and I were married, there were a few CDs we both had in common, but most of my collection is alien to her and vice versa. Now that I think of it, most of my collection is alien to almost everyone I know. I've always enjoyed finding good music by little-known artists; a friend once described it as the "best music no one's ever heard".

I like this music board, because since this board began I've sought out and enjoyed listening to some of the favorites people have listed here: Modest Mouse, Interpol, Maroon 5, Floating Men. Some of your faves are ones that I've also recently discovered elsewhere, like Norah Jones and Trash Can Sinatras. And there are some that were brought up that I'd nearly forgotten, like Ocean Blue and Barenaked Ladies.

Here's some of mine that cause people to say, "Who?" in no particular order:
Adrian Belew, Bill Frisell, O'2L, Morcheeba, The Lilac Time, Nightmares on Wax, Michelle Shocked, Alien Fashion Show, Syd, Zero 7, P.S. Jonah, Jem, Loreena McKennitt, Air, The Chieftains.

Less obscure: Matchbox Twenty, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Pat Metheny, John Mayer, Modern English, Cream, Brian Setzer, Chris Isaak, Glenn Miller, The Doobie Brothers, John Coltrane, Dire Straits, Simple Minds, Traveling Wilburys, Stevie Wonder, They Might Be Giants, Madness, Dave Brubeck, The Police, Bennie Goodman, Allman Brothers, Steely Dan, Howard Jones, Camper Van Beethoven.

Considering the wide-ranging tastes exhibited here at Musical Musings, I'm sure that these are less foreign to you all than they would be to the average person! And although I'm accustomed to perplexing people as a result of my "favorites", please don't judge me too harshly if I've noted an artist you dislike. Most likely it's just one small color in the whole palette.

Well, shoot - now I have to pull some of this music out, since it's running through my head.

-Red
Msg: 2086
Mark Subject: Re: Genre whiplash, broad tastes and obscure artists
Author: MarkProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 2, 2005 8:27 AM
P-19F-274M-168Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 2085 by Red
Quote Here's some of mine that cause people to say, "Who?" in no particular order: Morcheeba, Air

Two great ones Red!

Quote Less obscure: Stevie Ray Vaughn, They Might Be Giants, Madness, The Police, Allman Brothers, Steely Dan, Camper Van Beethoven.

Yep, quality stuff. And I know Stevie is your favorite b/c of that killer stamp you carved.

Great post Red. Now I'm getting my cds out of the car.

Mark
Msg: 2088
Cherokee Rose Subject: Fl Gathering
Author: Cherokee RoseProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 2, 2005 9:29 AM
P-184F-2583M-869Premium
You want to hear a real sad story! I AM IN FLORIDA and I CAN'T stay for the gathering. I am flying out Saturday at 11am!@!! KJH(#*$#*$#*($#(*#(*(*$#*$(#*&#...... Try as I might I was not able to get a flight out on Sunday or Monday due to previous plans on Saturday evening!

On a happy note though I was able to pick up some great box's....

Cherokee Rose
Msg: 2089
DebBee Subject: Re: Fl Gathering
Author: DebBeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 2, 2005 9:33 AM
P-23F-223M-1579Premium
Reply to: Msg 2088 by Cherokee Rose
Atlas Quest: International Letterboxing
Quote I AM IN FLORIDA and I CAN'T stay for the gathering.

This is so truly horrible! So near and yet so far! Any chance we could get together for an exchange before you go? My schedule is pretty packed, with getting ready for the gathering and meeting another friend who's in from out of town, but tell me when you're free, and I'll see if I can meet you . . . how far north did you say you were staying again?

And what area boxes have you found?

DebBee
Msg: 2090
Red Subject: rentals
Board: Movie Moments
Author: RedProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 2, 2005 10:16 AM
P-8F-4M-72Inactive > 1 year
Over the last week, we've rented a record number of DVDs... anyone seen any of these that they want to comment on? I was a little disappointed at the lack of special features offered on these.

Bourne Supremacy
The Forgotten
The Day After Tomorrow
Simon Birch
The Village

Of the bunch, Simon Birch is still my favorite film despite having seen it before and despite some broad departures from the novel.

Bourne was good for what it is (a simple cloak-an-dagger action movie) but I liked the story choices that were made getting it transitioned from 70's book to modern screenplay.

TDAT was pretty dumb. Or pretty and dumb, because some of the scenery/set sfx were nice.

The Forgotten was pretty good until the last 10 minutes.

I like M. Night Shyamalan so I watched The Village with an open mind. Good thing, too; I could see why some hated it. I liked it, but wouldn't consider it a classic-to-be. The best part? About 70 minutes into the movie, I realized something unusual for me: I had no idea what was going to happen next and no idea how the movie was going to end. I had some idea as to what was "really" going on but could not predict how (or if) it would show up in the film. Interesting to view, but not the huge "oh!" that was in 6th Sense.

-Red
Msg: 2091
Dee and Abby Subject: Re: Fl Gathering
Author: Dee and AbbyProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 2, 2005 10:17 AM
P-18F-229M-232Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 2089 by DebBee
CR Wish you had taken me with you!

Dee
Msg: 2092
Subject: Re: Plans for a series!
Board: State: Connecticut
Author: BrandyProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 2, 2005 12:27 PM
P-92F-6765M-1653Premium
Reply to: Msg 1967 by Fish or Man
Lou,

Is this one going to be in Chatfield Hollow as well? I really need to get back to that park as soon as the snow melts! I can't wait. :)

Chrissy
aka Brandy, You're a Fine Girl
Msg: 2093
Subject: Where are they?
Board: Province: Nova Scotia
Date: Feb 2, 2005 12:32 PM
P-92F-6765M-1653Premium
I've added the Nova Scotia board to my favorites because I'm planning a trip to NS for this coming August, and I couldn't be more excited about it! Now... where are all the letterboxes? I'm going to be planting a couple while I'm up there as well. :) There are a few listed on LBNA... are there really only four on the island?

Chrissy
Msg: 2094
Amyrica Subject: Re: Genre whiplash, broad tastes and obscure artists
Author: AmyricaProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 2, 2005 1:31 PM
P-20F-781M-1746Premium
Reply to: Msg 2086 by Mark
And I know Stevie is your favorite b/c of that killer stamp you carved.

The sky is crying..........

Off to the Fox tonight! Too bad it's not for Stevie Ray, but Little Shop of Horrors should be fun. :-)
Amyrica
Msg: 2095
BOXDN Subject: Re: last finder & date...?
Author: BOXDNProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 2, 2005 2:25 PM
P-32F-246M-119Inactive > 1 month
Reply to: Msg 2084 by Penguin Patrol
During the last big update it didn't make it into the new code, but will be there in the next update.
Message 332 by Ryan
Quote It's a temporary thing. I've added back the finders for hitchhikers, virtual boxes, and postal boxes, but I still need to add back the last finder for normal and mystery boxes.

Speaking of finders, though, if you've selected to be notified when someone finds your box, you will still be notified! It just does not display finder information on normal and mystery boxes, but all other tracking of the finds works as always, and I will add it back for the next big update (probably in another month or so).

-- Ryan

Boxdn of Metairie,LA
Msg: 2096
Subject: Where are they all?
Board: Province: Prince Edward Island
Date: Feb 2, 2005 5:15 PM
P-92F-6765M-1653Premium
Hey there! I'm planning a trip to PEI this summer, and I can't wait. While I'm up there, I'm hoping to grab some boxes on the way. Can anyone tell me if there are any letterboxes on PEI? I found four on LBNA. Are there any besides these?

Chrissy
Msg: 2098
Green Tortuga Subject: Re: Sideways
Board: Movie Moments
Author: Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 2, 2005 6:25 PM
P-257F-1761M-20817Premium
Reply to: Msg 2074 by Don and Gwen
Quote I have heard that someone is selling a book with addresses for all of the locations in the movie.

Bah! You can get a map for free at http://www.santabarbara.com/winecountry/images/sideways-map.pdf

The tourist places out there are happy to encourage such visits with free maps. ;o)

-- Ryan
Msg: 2100
Subject: ink transfer from PZ cut
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Author: System
Date: Feb 3, 2005 7:46 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that PZ cut does not hold ink as well as Mastercarve? I have seen some wonderful stamps from PZ, but they do not seem to print well. (ink transfer spotty and not defined)
Heather
aka shebearof3
Msg: 2101
Mark Subject: Re: ink transfer from PZ cut
Author: MarkProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 3, 2005 8:56 AM
P-19F-274M-168Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 2100 by System
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that PZ cut does not hold ink as well as Mastercarve?

Yo shebearof3!

You must have read my mind! I posted this very complaint on the SE list this morning! Here's the info I got back...

Quote My only beef with PZ Kut is that it isn't so great for Crayola
> markers. It has kind of an oily sheen to it that doesn't work well
> with markers.

I saw a tip someplace to give the stamp a light sanding after carving
in order to rough up the surface which allows it to take ink a little
better. This may also help with the crayola markers.

Most of my stamps are PZ-Kut with a bit of sanding, so try it on one
of them.

BBB

Of course this won't help you if you find a PZ Kut stamp that hasn't been scuffed up prior to planting. But at least you know someone else in the world understands your frustration!

Mark
Msg: 2103
Don and Gwen Subject: Re: ink transfer from PZ cut
Author: Don and GwenProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 3, 2005 9:13 AM
P-210F-216M-2376Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 2101 by Mark
PZ KUT
You might be using the wrong side.
Try cleaning with acetone.

Don
Msg: 2104
Subject: Re: mars art carve??or pz cut
Author: CaliforniaBearProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 3, 2005 9:30 AM
P-15F-91M-17
Reply to: Msg 2038 by Don and Gwen
Quote so wondering if in S Cal anyone knows specifically where I can get whichever medium is best

I get my stamp supplies at Sterling Art Supply in Irvine. I have found Master Carve and the pink stuff there.

Sterling Art Supply
18871 Teller Ave.
Irvine, CA 92612
949-533-0101
Msg: 2105
Subject: Re: ink transfer from PZ cut
Author: CaliforniaBearProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 3, 2005 9:35 AM
P-15F-91M-17
Reply to: Msg 2100 by System
Atlas Quest: International Letterboxing
Quote Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that PZ cut does not hold ink as well as Mastercarve?

I almost think that Mastercarve holds ink TOO well. Darker colors seem to soak in and bleed out when stamped with a lighter color.
Msg: 2106
judithandsparky Subject: Music swap
Author: judithandsparkyProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 3, 2005 11:42 AM
P-165F-1529M-1466Premium
We need to get together for a music swap! I have a burner and 876 CDs. I need more! I need to broaden my horizons! I need more!

Favorites -
Blues - Jonny Lang, BB King, Eric Clapton
Rock/Metal - AC/DC, Led Zep, Black Sabbath
New stuff - Audioslave, Puddle of Mud
Just Because - Chris Isaak, Weezer
Msg: 2108
Fish or Man Subject: Re: Plans for a series!
Author: Fish or ManProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 3, 2005 11:52 AM
P-27F-1064M-133Premium
Reply to: Msg 2092 by Brandy
No, I was thinking another trail somewhere nearby, like in Clinton, or Haddam.

Fish-or-man
Msg: 2109
Subject: Re: ink transfer from PZ cut
Author: System
Date: Feb 3, 2005 11:55 AM
Reply to: Msg 2103 by Don and Gwen
I don't usually carve on PZ cut, but I do use Crayola markers. I also frequently use a stamp pad though and it also seems to print the same as the crayolas. I think I would like to try nicer markers. Does anyone have a suggestion for markers they like.
Msg: 2110
Subject: Re: Plans for a series!
Date: Feb 3, 2005 12:13 PM
P-92F-6765M-1653Premium
Reply to: Msg 2108 by Fish or Man
Looking forward to it!

Chrissy
aka Brandy You're a Fine Girl
Msg: 2111
Subject: Re: Music swap
Author: bzmomProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 3, 2005 12:25 PM
P-10F-160M-233Inactive > 1 year
Reply to: Msg 2106 by judithandsparky
I think some form of that was suggested earlier. Making mixes or something to share. Don't know what ever became of it as it was before Christmas. As for me, I'd love to hear some of the stuff you all talk about. Most of it, I've never heard of much less listened to. I'm pretty simple, plain jane with music.
|← First ← Previous
Next → Last &rarr|;
Start New Thread
Simple | Summaries | Expanded