Next → Last &rarr|;
Start New Thread
Msg: 969181
Subject: Letterboxing Conversations
Board: State: Michigan
Author: Angel WinksProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Dec 8, 2018 6:29 AM
P-645F-7970M-811Premium
Dawnkey and I were talking about the tools and tricks of letterboxing and using the Atlas Quest site. We thought it would be interesting to open up a discussion about what we've found helpful and hope that some of our Michigan friends might both learn from us but also teach the rest of us some of their ways of using the website.

So here goes...

CUSTOM LOCATIONS - I use this constantly! Once I know where I am going, I search the area. For example, when I do a search of Indianapolis, Indiana, letterboxes come up in a variety of ways and I adapt them to make finding them easier.

When [this box] comes up with the address but not the name of the place, I "customize" it by adding the name of the place along with the address.

When [this box] comes up with the name of the place but not an exact address, I google the address then "customize" it by adding the address along with the name of the place.

But the most helpful is when [a box like this] comes up and I need to find both the address and the name of the location. When I "customize" it, my future searches will put it where it belongs and I don't miss it when I'm at the location.

Does anyone else use CUSTOM ADDRESSES regularly?
Angel Winks
Replies:
Re: Letterboxing Conversations — Dawnkey
Re: Letterboxing Conversations — speedsquare
Re: Letterboxing Conversations — Topcollector
Re: Letterboxing Conversations — BBStacker
Re: Letterboxing Conversations — Janila
Re: Letterboxing Conversations — Plymouth Seekers
Re: Letterboxing Conversations — BaliWho
Re: Letterboxing Conversations — Janila
Re: Letterboxing Conversations — Angel Winks
Re: Letterboxing Conversations — Angel Winks