Next → Last &rarr|;
Start New Thread
Msg: 73499
Subject: Am I ready for this???
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Author: Lock WenchProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Feb 21, 2007 2:59 AM
P-395F-1125M-2976PremiumInactive
OK ok..so I know I'm getting older..but besides losing my inability to use my hula hoop and my skateboard, I never thought I would be getting bifocals at my age! Well, eye tests don't lie so I grudingly chose a new funky pair of glasses and asked my optician to at least make the bifocals invisible...which he cheerfully did.

But getting used to them?!? Eek! The majority of my day is spent driving ( I am near-sighted so here's where the upper part of the lenses help) walking in snow and ice ( need to look down to see where the heck I am stepping so I don't break my neck) staring and working at a computer all day and half of the night ( medium level), reading and carving stamps ( close-up work). Well, I have found a very disconcerting side-effect to these glasses. If I move to quickly from one task to another everything gets wavy and "trippy" looking..and I get a little dizzy, to be honest. Heck, if I wanted to look at the world through THESE kind of glasses, I would be finding my old hook up to that Hawaiian Redbud. Sheesh.

How do you other aging letterboxers deal?

LW PhD
"Nice Counts"
Replies:
Re: Am I ready for this??? — Blooming Flower
Re: Am I ready for this??? — Sheba
Re: Am I ready for this??? — LUNA crew
Re: Am I ready for this??? — outdoor girls
Re: Am I ready for this??? — Bikercats
Re: Am I ready for this??? — Mama Cache
Re: Am I ready for this??? — Doctroid
Re: Am I ready for this??? — The Merry Pranksters
Re: Am I ready for this??? — Webfoot