?
More Search Options...
[United States Letterboxing Group]
[Read Board]

State: Tennessee

Next → Last &rarr|;
Start New Thread
Msg: 42728
Green Tortuga Subject: Tennessee seems to really be cracking down on letterboxes...
Author: Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
Date: Oct 12, 2006 5:11 PM
P-257F-1761M-20817Premium
I just got the following message you should all be aware of:

Quote Dear Friends -

We in TN State Parks have a strict policy concerning off-trail land use - including both letterboxing and geocaching. I recently contacted the folks at letterboxing.com, and wished to share this information with you as well. If anyone wishes to place a letterbox in any state park, they must first follow the proper permit procedure. Otherwise, we will have to remove the letterbox from the park.

One user has recently placed two unauthorized boxes....Please remove these from your files. They have already been removed from the letterboxing.com site.

I have already contacted the owner of the boxes, and informed him/her of the need to follow proper permit procedure.

Thank you for your time and attention

So it looks like the state parks there in Tennessee are after you as well besides the Nashville letterboxing police. Sorry about that. As for the proper permit procedure--he hasn't given me any information about that. If anyone knows it, could you share it with the rest of the letterboxers in your state? =)

-- Ryan
Replies:
Re: Tennessee seems to really be cracking down on letterboxe — Amyrica
Re: Tennessee seems to really be cracking down on letterboxe — BrewHiker
Re: Tennessee seems to really be cracking down on letterboxe — Moon Seeker
Re: Tennessee seems to really be cracking down on letterboxes... — Fugads
Next → Last &rarr|;
Start New Thread