New to letterboxing?
Letterboxing combines artistic ability with "treasure-hunts" in parks, forests, and cities around the world. Participants seek out hidden letterboxes by cracking codes and following clues. The prize: an image from a miniature piece of art known as a rubber stamp—usually a unique, hand-carved creation.
Letterboxers stamp their discoveries in a personal journal, then use their own rubber stamp, called a signature stamp, to stamp into the letterbox's logbook.
Atlas Quest started as a set of tools for letterboxers, but has grown into a community of letterboxers. Pull up a chair, meet new friends, and dig into letterboxing.
Also consider picking up a copy of The Letterboxer's Companion by Randy Hall which has everything a budding letterboxer needs to know!
- Dark Star: Lost Sailor Series Andover, MA
- Mormon Battalion San Diego, CA
- JDola's Box Of The Month. September: Pee Wee's Playhouse Littleton, CO
- Discoveries at Quabbin Pelham, MA
- Dog Beach Santa Cruz, CA
- Big Bridge McCarthy, AK
- Shy Lepidopteran Urbana, OH
- Gaia the Turtle Ithaca, NY
- Newfield Covered Bridge Newfield, NY
- Queen of the Dairy Lombard, IL
- Trollbridge Boyertown, PA
- Lunette - The Killingly Egg Carver Putnam, CT
- Two Random Guys Under A Rock Wallace, ID
- The Department of Magical Transportation Hamden, CT
- Paws to Smell the Flowers Weston, FL
Walking 4 Fun
Check out Green Tortuga's newest website!
- Track your daily walking, jogging or hiking
- Enter your mileage into http://www.Walking4Fun.com
- Follow your progress as if you hiked one of several world-famous trails!