New to letterboxing?
Letterboxing combines artistic ability with "treasure-hunts" in parks, forests, and cities around the world. Participants seek out hidden letterboxes by cracking codes and following clues. The prize: an image from a miniature piece of art known as a rubber stamp—usually a unique, hand-carved creation.
Letterboxers stamp their discoveries in a personal journal, then use their own rubber stamp, called a signature stamp, to stamp into the letterbox's logbook.
Atlas Quest started as a set of tools for letterboxers, but has grown into a community of letterboxers. Pull up a chair, meet new friends, and dig into letterboxing.
Also consider picking up a copy of The Letterboxer's Companion by Randy Hall which has everything a budding letterboxer needs to know!
- AZ Zodiac Signs - Gemini Goodyear, AZ
- Put a bird on it, in paradise Kailua-Kona, HI
- Bountiful Berries Weott, CA
- Goldy Minneapolis, MN
- Girl Scouts love Letterboxing! Mary Esther, FL
- The Harrity Covered Bridge Carbon County, PA
- Lock 2 Jim Thorpe, PA
- Moseying with Omar Santa Cruz, CA
- Peanuts- Halloween series Orchard Park, NY
- Lucky Ride Foristell, MO
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow- The Headless Horseman Aurora, NY
- Another Pearsontown Mystery.... Cumberland County, ME
- Bonhoeffer's Box of the Month Nashua, NH
- Eagles Wingz Duluth, MN
- The "Coolest" Letterbox in the USA Cache National Forest, UT
Walking 4 Fun
Check out Green Tortuga's newest website!
- Track your daily walking, jogging or hiking
- Enter your mileage into http://www.Walking4Fun.com
- Follow your progress as if you hiked one of several world-famous trails!