New to letterboxing?
Letterboxing combines artistic ability with "treasure-hunts" in parks, forests, and cities around the world. Participants seek out hidden letterboxes by cracking codes and following clues. The prize: an image from a miniature piece of art known as a rubber stamp—usually a unique, hand-carved creation.
Letterboxers stamp their discoveries in a personal journal, then use their own rubber stamp, called a signature stamp, to stamp into the letterbox's logbook.
Atlas Quest started as a set of tools for letterboxers, but has grown into a community of letterboxers. Pull up a chair, meet new friends, and dig into letterboxing.
- Iowa Counties: Grundy Grundy County, IA
- Legend of the Totem Pole Caro, MI
- Box of the Month: La Habra Heights, CA La Habra Heights, CA
- The 3 Generations Syracuse, NY
- Have a Nice Day Croton Falls, NY
- The King and I Oneida, IL
- The Six Wives of Henry VIII Northern California, CA
- The Wayside Inn Grist Mill United States
- Never Stop Exploring New Carlisle, OH
- Only in July Brunswick, ME
- Box of the Month 2015 Caro, MI
- Wonderful Windows Madrid, ME
- The Sorting Hat Madrid, ME
- Letterboxes of Fountain Rock Walkersville, MD
- Mercat or catfish? You be the judge... Park East, FL
Walking 4 Fun
Check out Green Tortuga's newest website!
- Track your daily walking, jogging or hiking
- Enter your mileage into http://www.Walking4Fun.com
- Follow your progress as if you hiked one of several world-famous trails!