What is a 'tagged' letterbox?
Using the Advanced Search page, found under the Letterboxes menubar option, you can even perform searches that will return only letterboxes you've tagged (or haven't tagged) with a specific color.
Premium members have up to eight different tags (each with a different color) that they can use. Without a premium membership, you'll only be able to make use of three of them. You can tag an individual box from the box details page, tag multiple boxes from a search directly from the search results page, to set the tags while recording a find on a letterbox.
You can set the text for each tag option on your Letterboxing Preferences.
As for why you may want to tag letterboxes, that's up to you. Many people use it for different reasons, but here are some common ones:
- Tag letterboxes you plan to find soon
- Tag letterboxes that look particularly noteworthy
- Tag letterboxes you've already attempted
- Tag letterboxes from a specific event that you plan to attend
- Tag letterboxes along the route you plan to follow on your next vacation
- Tag letterboxes based on what part of your city they are located in
- Tag mystery letterboxes you have solved but have yet to look for
Related QuestionsHow do I tag and untag letterboxes?
How do I remove all tags of a certain color from all of my boxes?